StillaMarine is on a distinguished road. (+10)

No day but today

So I figured I'd start a journal. I'm the kind of person that has to put things into words.

Little background: I'm 39, police officer, Marine veteran, run a travel agency on the side. A few months ago I got on this kick to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday. Well that's in 71 days (March 15) and I've lost less then 10 pounds. I started of at about 220 pounds, which is the heaviest I've ever been. Yesterday I weighed in at 211.5. I bought a Smith Machine from a guy and it had an Ez bar. I'd like to have a straight bar beside the one on the Smith but for now it'll have to do. I've done good working out, need a new plan and going to try one on here. My biggest challenge has been my eating. I work a desk job now and it's too easy to snack on junk food or get in on the office lunch order of crappy food. So I'm bringing my lunches. Making them in advance. (I learned today I need to add something to brown rice because yeck).

Anyways. Here's my start. I'll post some before pics when I get home.

StillaMarine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So far so good on the eating. Brought my lunch yesterday, had a little panic when I went to the monthly FOP meeting when the meal was meatloaf, mash potatoes and green beans. Took a small serving of meatloaf and big serving of green beans, skipped the amazing looking caramel cake....Today lunch with the wife at a sushi place, hibachi steak and veggies. Don't really get the chance to work out Mondays because of my schedule, so Tuesday is usually my day 1 of the week but I had that FOP meeting to get sworn in as a trustee. I did some pushups and situps when I got home as well as planks. Today I get to hit the home gym. Woohoo