skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nutritionally complete meal replacement shakes?

So, the past 6 months I've been drinking 100%food low carb whey blend. This has been extremely convenient because it comes in pre mix bottles you just add water to it and it was saving me from having to do a lot of meal prep on the weekend. I was drinking, sometimes all of my calories, through this method, other days I'd get 2/3 of my calories this way.

This has been working VERY well for me. However, for 2017 he has made a new blend and has literally DOUBLED the price of the specific blend and bottle set I was purchasing.

I know there is soylent, but I don't like the nutritional macros nor the reliance on soy. I know there is ketochow, but I don't like the reliance of having to use oils when mixing since it makes them less portable.

I've seen things like "impact diet whey" but they still sort of fall short. Looks to be missing healthy fats and is not nutritionally complete.

I don't really know what bodybuilding.com's bropinion is on this type of eating plan, but it was working really (REALLY) well for me, so I'm trying to find an alternative.

Does anyone else do a mostly shake diet similar to soylent in concept?

I could do a DIY blend, but I'm not so sure how things like flax meal will blend from just shaking with water? I've considered getting a blender set for home and the office, but this does not save me on days where I do not have access (sometimes, for example, I go to tournaments and need to carry 100% of my days food in my gym bag along with all of my sparring gear and extra clothes, it is a lot to carry even without a cooler).

Thoughts, product recomendations, and help are super appreciated.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No, I would much rather eat real food instead of drinking shakes. they're a "supplement" not a meal replacement.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Humans are designed to run best on mostly solid fuel; liquid or mostly-liquid diets aren't generally recommended. If you're looking for supplement powder suggestions, the 'supplement' forum would probably be a better choice for your thread.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    https://mosaicnutrition.com/low-carb...acement-powder

This looks to maybe be a not bad option for option. Does anyone know of any similar competing products? Labrada lean meals has one but again doesn't look to be nutritionally complete (also on the pricier end).

[am i allowed to link to that? Been a while since i've been active on this forum]
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Humans are designed to run best on mostly solid fuel; liquid or mostly-liquid diets aren't generally recommended. If you're looking for supplement powder suggestions, the 'supplement' forum would probably be a better choice for your thread.
    It all gets digested into liquid in the stomach anyway. There are benefits to solid food yes, but the question I have is geared towards other people who have also begun using soylent and soylent like products. It doesn't seem to have taken off in this community yet as it has others, but that's also why it's difficult it seems to find higher protein blends.

Soylent and soylent based products are nutritional products that have nutritionally compete profiles (why I posted here and not in supplements). I will cross post this to supplements section as well if no one comes along with experiences to share.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    It all gets digested into liquid in the stomach anyway. There are benefits to solid food yes, but the question I have is geared towards other people who have also begun using soylent and soylent like products. It doesn't seem to have taken off in this community yet as it has others, but that's also why it's difficult it seems to find higher protein blends.

Soylent and soylent based products are nutritional products that have nutritionally compete profiles (why I posted here and not in supplements). I will cross post this to supplements section as well if no one comes along with experiences to share.
    Actually, solid food leaves the stomach in a state similar to oatmeal, called chyme; it is then further broken down in the intestines.

"Soylent" has been discussed in this forum fairly extensively in the past, and not positively; that's mainly why there is no acceptance for it here. A quick forum search will pull up multiple threads on the topic.

Additionally, Alan Aragon did a review of the product in his Research Review in November of last year (2015). That information is copyrighted, so I'm not at liberty to post it here, but the summary was, shall we say, less than supportive.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post

So then, did you even take the above posters posts into consideration?

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you could try looking at shakes designed for medical purposes not fitness purposes, as these tend to be a good balance of carbs/protein and fat as they are designed to be used as sole nutrition if necessary. I'm not sure what brands you have available as i'm in the UK not the USA, but over here we have ensure, complan, fortisip etc

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Water, Brown Rice, Olive oil, Broccoli, Chicken breast blend and enjoy.

Originally Posted by Mikeez0 View Post
    Water, Brown Rice, Olive oil, Broccoli, Chicken breast blend and enjoy.
    You joke, but that is what most soylent like products are composed of sans the chicken breast. Most of the more fitness geared recipes are a mixmash of brown rice, oats, flax, chia, coconut, and whey with a portion of the RDA micros as vitamins.

Either way, I was able to answer my own question by going to a different website. I get it, any talk of MRS is "bad" here. But that also explains to me why there are so few fitness/athlete focused blends available. There's a couple of companies doing it, but they aren't represented on this website.

Eat what you want to eat, do what makes you feel good, and follow the plans that give you good results. That's all that matters. Unfortunately it's a lot easier to criticize than it is contribute. Best of luck to everyone, regardless of what you think is the right or wrong thing to eat.