Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Documentaries

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    I think I've watched 3 episodes. One of them the guy lived about 30 miles from me

He went to prison for murder, guy was crazy as a loon. In prison he watched the show and learned how to do his own appeals, spent something like 16 years in prison doing this. Finally got a body exhumed that had the actual DNA of the murderer and was set free. Was just as crazy when he got out, hope I never run into him.
    That is wild! It is amazing how evidence, decades old at times, can be revisited so long after the fact, and the true culprit can be found, or an innocent exonerated. Even if he IS crazy as a loon! LOL I trust you don't run into the dude! Ha!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    That is wild! It is amazing how evidence, decades old at times, can be revisited so long after the fact, and the true culprit can be found, or an innocent exonerated. Even if he IS crazy as a loon! LOL I trust you don't run into the dude! Ha!
    One of the other ones I watched was a 16 year old girl that shot her parents, took 5 years to figure it out. I wonder if Police Detectives know who did it when they make the initial interviews and just never let on, I bet that's the case. I can tell when an adult is lying to me, kids are just a tiny bit harder to read.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    One of the other ones I watched was a 16 year old girl that shot her parents, took 5 years to figure it out. I wonder if Police Detectives know who did it when they make the initial interviews and just never let on, I bet that's the case. I can tell when an adult is lying to me, kids are just a tiny bit harder to read.
    I know law enforcement can, and does make some grievous mistakes at times. But I imagine some of these seasoned, experienced detectives 'know that they know' when it comes to certain cases. Whether they can find the proof is another question. I can't imagine dealing with people on a daily basis, under such circumstances. LOL Pretty serious work at the office!

Thank God I just deal with 1st Graders! Some of them are just shy of criminal...but not too heavy duty. LOL
    paolo59

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You can come across some really good documentaries on PBS. I saw the one on Pearl Harbor too. I hope there are History teachers in Middle and High School who take advantage of those in the classroom. They can make something in the past come vibrantly alive, and incredibly informative in a way that a text book just can't do!

On those 'Forensic Files,' the circumstances are absolutely horrifying. I find it incredibly fascinating how detectives/investigators pour over evidence, and find the smallest of detail, something overlooked perhaps. The preparation, dedication, and determination to solve a murder case is impressive! The bad guy always gets it in the end of most of those programs. LOL I like that!
    I saw one they had on JFK. Wow...a real tear-jerker.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    I saw one they had on JFK. Wow...a real tear-jerker.
    There are some really good documentaries on the JFK assassination. I still find it incredibly hard to watch that one particular short series of clips. Everybody has it permanently ingrained in their minds! I saw an excellent documentary several years ago on the 'magic bullet.' In it, they were able to actually replicate the trajectory of that bullet, to the yaw and tumbling effects. It was absolutely fascinating!
    paolo59

jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jellodirt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TrotonKat View Post
    Best documentary you have see recently
    This whole story is fascinating. You don't hear about it because they didn't do anything terrible.

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I rarely watch TV, but when I do, I usually watch a documentary. This is one of my favorites on Netflix.

Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There are some really good documentaries on the JFK assassination. I still find it incredibly hard to watch that one particular short series of clips. Everybody has it permanently ingrained in their minds! I saw an excellent documentary several years ago on the 'magic bullet.' In it, they were able to actually replicate the trajectory of that bullet, to the yaw and tumbling effects. It was absolutely fascinating!
    Oh I think I've seen that one! Long time ago. Love that stuff. I've been to the site where it happened in Dallas. Looks like a pretty impossible shot and I've shot a few guns in my life, no expert by any means though.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞