mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattlew62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you substitute the leg press machine for squats???

Is it possible to substitute leg presses for squats????

li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For a time period? yes
    In order to change things up? Yes
    Alternating from workout to workout? Yes
    To effectively train around an injury? Yes
    TO target a specific part of the thigh safely? Yes
    To supplement squats with another effective movement? Yes

However, I would not recommend just replacing squats with leg presses. The squat is a very effective movement. If you can do it safely, do it. If you aren't feeling it in your thighs enough, then add in some sets of leg presses after squatting in order to continue to target the thighs. But continue to squat.

There are a lot of great pros who don't squat. There are not many sets of great thighs that are built without squatting, though. Back in my day, Rich Gaspari didn't squat. But he built his thighs by super heavy squatting (600+ pounds) and powerlifted as well. Once he reached the mass he wanted, he worked on refining this via leg presses and hack squats and leg extensions. But the squats were initially his foundation.
    Stimulate, don't annihilate.
    My torn bicep tendon adds to my appearance, really...it does.

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by li0scc0 View Post
    For a time period? yes
    In order to change things up? Yes
    Alternating from workout to workout? Yes
    To effectively train around an injury? Yes
    TO target a specific part of the thigh safely? Yes
    To supplement squats with another effective movement? Yes

However, I would not recommend just replacing squats with leg presses. The squat is a very effective movement. If you can do it safely, do it. If you aren't feeling it in your thighs enough, then add in some sets of leg presses after squatting in order to continue to target the thighs. But continue to squat.

There are a lot of great pros who don't squat. There are not many sets of great thighs that are built without squatting, though. Back in my day, Rich Gaspari didn't squat. But he built his thighs by super heavy squatting (600+ pounds) and powerlifted as well. Once he reached the mass he wanted, he worked on refining this via leg presses and hack squats and leg extensions. But the squats were initially his foundation.
    So much better than the half-assed answer I was going to give

Originally Posted by tetsuo View Post
    of course it is
    pretty close to the half-assed answer I was going to give
    I was going more with the anything is possible angle...
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mattlew62 View Post
    Is it possible to substitute leg presses for squats????
    of course it is

Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can you sustitute leg presses for squats? Technically yes. You can sustitute lateral raises and kickbacks for squats if you wanted to. The gym police are not monitoring you that closely.

I am joking. Actually the first response by li0scc0 was a solid answer. I had to sub out squats due to injuries. I would not get rid of a squatting if that was not my situation.

Bottom line, depends on your goals and what you want to get out of your gym time.

good luck.
    NASM-MMACS
    ISSA-CFT, SFN, SET
    HKC

✪ Rampaigers Crew ✪
    mWo

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    of course you can,, if your just trying to put a little shape and a little mass on your legs -leg press alone is fine. if you plan on competeing, then no you must spend quality time in the squat rack.

kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kev_b81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i was wondering this too..my routine is a full body workout (a/b) and originally i had squats on A and B days..its killing me (especially on the day I do deadlifts) so I switched squats to leg press on that day...any other good substitutes?

li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) li0scc0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Actually that is an excellent plan, using squats one day and leg press the other.
    Tom Platz, the man with probably the greatest legs ever, did squats every other leg workout. The other leg workout he focused on hack squats.

I like alternating squats and front squats sometimes as well. I don't have thighs the size of Tom Platz though. Few do.
    Stimulate, don't annihilate.
    My torn bicep tendon adds to my appearance, really...it does.