Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Skinny fat my entire life

Hey guys, I was overweight when I was young and then I went through a puberty sport. But instead, I didnt lose any fat even after growing taller. I kept all the fat that I had since my childhood(I still had all the health problems associated with higher body fat percentage....trigylcerides,cholesterol levels). I was pretty weak in middle school and early high school but by junior year of high school I managed to do my first 20 pushups. I picked up the weights junior year in order to look better and I been seriously training during senior. I recently only got dedicated to this when I went to college but I find it very hard to lose fat. I been at the same body fat my percentage my entire life. Now I am trying to find every way possible to transform my body but the problem is that cutting makes me weaker and bulking makes me fatter and fatter. According to Oskarf from skinnyfattransformation, I would need to focus on calisthenics but I dont know where to start if I cant do a single dip or pull up. I am 20 percent body fat and I am currently on a upper/lower split at 2400 calories in maintnence

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Upload a picture please. And post your stats (weight, height).
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50) jetpotion will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Upload a picture please. And post your stats (weight, height).
    185 at 6 feet 2

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jetpotion View Post
    185 at 6 feet 2
    Need a picture. Use your bodyspace or imgur.com

Need a picture. Use your bodyspace or imgur.com
    here you go. I lost 1 or 2lb but I just think thats water weight
    Attached Images

You'll need to cut. Aim for ~1 pound per week weight loss.

Follow a good program like Fierce 5 Novice Routine.

You should be getting stronger while losing weight. As a beginner with higher body fat you can and should be gaining muscle during your cut.

You'll need to cut. Aim for ~1 pound per week weight loss.

Follow a good program like Fierce 5 Novice Routine.

You should be getting stronger while losing weight. As a beginner with higher body fat you can and should be gaining muscle during your cut.
    . How is that different from a upper/lower with similar progression. 5lbs on upper body and 10lbs on lower body compound movements that also progress in a similar in rep ranges

. How is that different from a upper/lower with similar progression. 5lbs on upper body and 10lbs on lower body compound movements that also progress in a similar in rep ranges
    3x per week full body is optimal for recomping, both for muscle protein synthesis and recovery.

Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To be honest, you're not skinny fat, you're chubby.

You don't need to start with calisthenics, in fact I'd discourage it right now because of your weight to Strength ratio.

Start lifting upper body twice a week (chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, back) and lower body twice a week. Do abs 5 days a week!

Also, start drinking a gallon of water a day. This will make you feel so much better, and will help you feel fuller while you're cutting calories.

Stick with it, make the change while you're young!! The longer you wait, the more you'll regret it.

Good luck bro, PM me if you need and advice or have any questions.

Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Adoug319 View Post
    To be honest, you're not skinny fat, you're chubby.

You don't need to start with calisthenics, in fact I'd discourage it right now because of your weight to Strength ratio.

Start lifting upper body twice a week (chest, shoulders, biceps, triceps, back) and lower body twice a week. Do abs 5 days a week!

Also, start drinking a gallon of water a day. This will make you feel so much better, and will help you feel fuller while you're cutting calories.

Stick with it, make the change while you're young!! The longer you wait, the more you'll regret it.

Good luck bro, PM me if you need and advice or have any questions.
    no.

Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adoug319 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Oatmealman99 View Post
    no.
    Lol says the guy with no body in his profile pic, who's max bench is 155.

Ok.

OP, I'm speaking from experience on what works

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ok.

No, you're an idiot; Oatmealman is correct and provides great advice here.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Ok.

He is actually correct. For one you assume that I was chubby. I am not chubby. In fact all my fat is store around my Core area. Thats why I am skinny fat in the first place. My face and legs look supremely lean(You would be shocked that I have a lean jawline).Second I know how chubby body fat feels like and it doesnt feel well at all. At beyond 20 percent body fat my blood markers start to face complications. I can barely run a mile in 5 miles per hour....that is a big signifer that I have reach too high of a body fat percentage.
    Last edited by jetpotion; 12-25-2016 at 05:32 PM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ok.

That's what we in the real world called 'anecdote'.

Nobody cares about your personal experience.

What the hell does 1 gallon of water and training abs FIVE days a week have to do with his goals?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    He is actually correct. For one you assume that I was chubby. I am not chubby. In fact all my fat is store around my Core area. Thats why I am skinny fat in the first place. My face and legs look supremely lean(You would be shocked that I have a lean jawline).Second I know how chubby body fat feels like and it doesnt feel well at all. At beyond 20 percent body fat my blood markers start to face complications. I can barely run a mile in 5 miles per hour....that is a big signifer that I have reach too high of a body fat percentage.
    Sorry man but to me this just looks like you are fat. I don't really care how lean your legs or face look.

Wherever you read to focus on calisthenics is a **** resource. Look into the Fierce 5 beginner routine and eat less with adequate protein intake.
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    185 at 6 feet 2
    I mean absolutely no offense... but are you really 185 and 6' 2"?

You need to cut though, for sure.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by Grizvok View Post
    Sorry man but to me this just looks like you are fat.
    The truth hurts sometimes.

As if his bench has anything to do with the quality of his advice.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 12-26-2016 at 06:47 AM.

The truth hurts sometimes.

As if his bench has anything to do with the quality of his advice.
    I'd listen to your advice, Mrpb... but, you didn't invent the internet, so... I can't take you seriously when you're online.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That does nto appear to be a pic of a guy 6'2" and 185 pounds. I would consider finding a scale which would weigh you more accurately.

Long term resistance training is important to people who wish to improve body composition. If significant body fat is present, eating in a deficit for a period is often beneficial.

Lol says the guy

Will neg off recharge for generic negativity.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I mean absolutely no offense... but are you really 185 and 6' 2"?

You need to cut though, for sure.
    Yes I am and I weighed at the doctors office. These arent numbers that I made up.I look really skinny in shirts. Plus anything over 20 percent body fat and my blood markers suffer from high triglyceride level and blood cholesterol levels.ON top of that I already lost 5-6lbs. And now I can a mile in 10 minutes at 6mph.
    Last edited by jetpotion; 12-28-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    That does nto appear to be a pic of a guy 6'2" and 185 pounds. I would consider finding a scale which would weigh you more accurately.

Long term resistance training is important to people who wish to improve body composition. If significant body fat is present, eating in a deficit for a period is often beneficial.

Will neg off recharge for generic negativity.
    yes I am and weighed at the doctors office. Your telling me the nurses dont know how to weigh me with medical grade equipment?

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yes I am and weighed at the doctors office. Your telling me the nurses dont know how to weigh me with medical grade equipment?
    Appeal to authority + strawman of peace?

Good luck with your fitness goals.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Current Diet is
    Breakfast:1 serving of quakers oatmeal with 1 scoop of protein power and protein gronola. About 390 calories. Sometimes I forget the protein powder and it is 270 calories
    Lunch: 1 serving of quakers oatmeal with gronola with a cup of mik. About 400 calories
    Dinner: 1 cup of rice. 2 servings of broccoli. 3 ounces of chicken and 4 ounces of salmon. About 562-600 calories. Maybe 50 calories more with sauces my mom put on for the salmon(I am on winter break)
    My bulking diet: Use to contain about 3k calories..albeitly putting 1-2lbs per week.

Cutting on about 1400 calories this winter break. I will do this again during the semester till I see my abdominals again

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Appeal to authority + strawman of peace?

Good luck with your fitness goals.
    What more do you want? I brought my own scale as well and it still said 185 well now it 179 losing about 1lb per week. So yeah thanks
    Last edited by jetpotion; 12-28-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Doesn't really matter how much you weigh, fact is you carry too much fat. You need to cut.

1 pound per week is a good rate that will allow you to build muscle at the same time.

Doesn't really matter how much you weigh, fact is you carry too much fat. You need to cut.

1 pound per week is a good rate that will allow you to build muscle at the same time.
    yes thank you very much. Thats what I been saying. Btw is losing weight instantaneous since we burn calories per hour? I mean apprently it 3500 calories per every pound of fat but I should be losing fat every 2-4 days?No?

yes thank you very much. Thats what I been saying. Btw is losing weight instantaneous since we burn calories per hour? I mean apprently it 3500 calories per every pound of fat but I should be losing fat every 2-4 days?No?
    You would but weight fluctuates all the time. Therefore I recommend weighing yourself everyday and tracking your weight with a 7 day moving average.

jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jonwade92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Calculate your energy expenditure/calorie burn per day taking into account calories burned while lifting. Up your protein and take fewer carbs. Oatmeal with milk twice a day is a bad idea as both oatmeal and cow's milk have a high carb to protein ratio. You wanna be getting about an equal number of carbs and protein while maintaining just enough of a caloric deficit to lose weight.

Abs 5 days a week only really works if you count isometric work your abs get when deadlifting, pressing, squatting, rowing, etc. On days that don't involve a lot of isometric core stability work at the gym, target your abs, and hit them on rest days too if you feel up to it.

HIIT training is also a good idea. Jump rope is my favorite because it's medium impact and you can use it for agility as well, but there are plenty of other HIIT routines you can grab off the internet.

A lot of people will do deadlifts multiple times a week when cutting because it's such a big compound movement that it burns extra calories compared to isolation stuff.

Get yourself a good macro app, punch in your goals based on whatever calculations you use, log everything, and lift hard and heavy.

Originally Posted by jonwade92 View Post
    Calculate your energy expenditure/calorie burn per day taking into account calories burned while lifting. Up your protein and take fewer carbs. Oatmeal with milk twice a day is a bad idea as both oatmeal and cow's milk have a high carb to protein ratio. You wanna be getting about an equal number of carbs and protein while maintaining just enough of a caloric deficit to lose weight.

Abs 5 days a week only really works if you count isometric work your abs get when deadlifting, pressing, squatting, rowing, etc. On days that don't involve a lot of isometric core stability work at the gym, target your abs, and hit them on rest days too if you feel up to it.

HIIT training is also a good idea. Jump rope is my favorite because it's medium impact and you can use it for agility as well, but there are plenty of other HIIT routines you can grab off the internet.

A lot of people will do deadlifts multiple times a week when cutting because it's such a big compound movement that it burns extra calories compared to isolation stuff.
    Ignore everything above ^^^.

muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) muruku has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the kid is ovefat though. definitely lose some weight.
    You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.
    � Jerry West �
    How to Upgrade Your Life: A Primer On Diet And Fitness
    https://guavarilla.wordpress.com/fitness-guide/