Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Ichiban!!

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I am Ichiban!!

Decided I would start a new journal since we have now arrived in JAPAN!!

The title of this is a bit tongue in cheek, ichiban means number one or first, its one of the few words I actually know in Japanese, its the name of a brand of Ramen Noodles here (I will get pics later), and I know its a chain of restaurants in the US. So its meant to be funny, sarcastic, random.

We have been here for 5 days so far and its been a trip. Here is how the last few months went:

June/ July ~ sent kids to be with in laws for summer/traveled to WA and Canada to be with best friend and hubby, came back to SD

August ~ moved out of house in San Diego, by myself (hubby was with ship in WA) drove from SD to Texas to be with family

Sept - Nov ~ stayed with family while coordinating random military junk and doing the holiday thing

We had to drive back to SD from Texas, military would not pay for that flight and driving was cheaper with 10 checked bags and 8 carry on's between all of us. Plane was a 12 hour flight to Tokyo then another 2 hour flight to Fukyoka, then a 2 hour drive to sasebo. So I am all ready dreading the trip to move back to the states. Its not fun.

We have been busy in the last few days, we have a house, DSN (military) phone, po box, cable and internet, and cell phone service all ready to go. We move into our house next week. I am also applying for a job at the gym here so fingers crossed I get it! We have been adjusting to the time change too.

I am working on starting back to a regular gym routine and am struggling to find food options here. That will sort itself out with more time though.

Been getting the diet dialed back in. Starting macros will be
    P 141
    F 47
    C 223
    Total cals 1887

This is just a start and will be adjusted later. I have no idea of my current weight but its probably more than I would like thanks to the 4 holiday meals I had to deal with before I left and all the FOMO foods I ate prior to leaving. Had to hit all my fav restaurants and ate a lot of Texas BBQ

As far as school, I am 2 weeks from finishing this last class and am also enrolled into my Internship as well. The internship is going to be ok though, because I have to write a report and its not due until next month... after that, I am officially done though I am looking at grad school because I'm a sucker for punishment. Just haven't picked the program I would like more.

Ok, I think that's all caught up now, I will put up my workouts, macros, and random Japanese pics in this journal and I hope to get progress pics when I get my house next week. Right now we are 4 people plus bags living in a 1 room hotel room lol!!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome back!
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good to see you. Count me in for this journal. I always enjoy your posts.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds like if you are starting an internship you are nearing the end of school?? Sounds like things might start to get a bit more manageable for you then. Welcome back and good luck with the rest of your move!
    Beast in training...

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by aquamarine84 View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thank you!

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Good to see you. Count me in for this journal. I always enjoy your posts.
    Good to see you too!

Originally Posted by mtnliones5 View Post
    Sounds like if you are starting an internship you are nearing the end of school?? Sounds like things might start to get a bit more manageable for you then. Welcome back and good luck with the rest of your move!
    Yep, school is coming to an end. Been taking classes for 24 months straight, with no break, so I am glad its almost over. Sadly, I wont use the degree here as there are no civilian jobs in health care on base. Even the registered nurses with degrees are having a hard time.

But I have applied to work for the gym here, so I am almost a shoe in for at least 1 position. I talked with HR yesterday and they said I am the only one so far, but there is still time for people to submit resumes... so we will see what happens.

On Sunday, I toured the gym so I could get a feel for where things were, and I was impressed with some of the equipment here. We have 3 power lifting squat rack stations, 6 squat racks with moveable benches, 2 Jacobs ladders, a ladder mill, a tread climber, and so much more. I haven't figured out the hours yet since some parts are supposed to b 24 hours but other parts are closed off. Otherwise, not a bad facility on Main Base.

We have another facility on Hario, which is where most people live and where we will live. I haven't seen that facility yet. Hopefully today or tomorrow I will get there.

Today we receive keys to our house, tomorrow we officially move in. I am thinking I was kinda not smart I starting to lift this week, I am sore as all get out, but the workouts feel so good. I know its hard to start back after having been out for so long but I wanted to not let the excuses get the better of me. Also, if I want a job, I feel like I need to be "walking the walk" too.

So Monday was legs and I have lost strength, the lifts suck, but I'm not too worried about it. It will come back soon enough.

Leg Curl - 4 sets with 8 reps at 30/35/40/40 lbs
    Squats - 4 sets wit 8 reps at 20 lbs each set
    DB RDL - 3 Sets with 15 reps at 20 lbs each set
    I was supposed to do calf raises but couldn't find the machine and the leg press was full of like 20 dudes standing around it so I skipped it

Cardio - 20 minutes of HIIT on the step mill, 30 sec all out with 90 sec recovery, heart rate between 160 and 195 the entire time

Stretching after that for cool down and so I could lay on the floor, lol

Tuesday - Chest/shoulders

Incline Bench - 3 sets of 8 with 45/55/55 lbs per set
    Flat DB Press - 3 sets of 8 with 15/20/20 lbs per set
    Pronated Grip Chest Fly - 3 sets of 16 at 25/25/10 lbs per set
    Seated DB Press - 3 sets of 8 at 15 lbs per set
    DB Side lats - 3 sets of 8 at 5 pounds per set
    Prone DB Rear Fly - 3 sets 3 sets of 16 at 5 lbs per set

Cardio - 20 mins of LISS, heart rate at 140 - 155 the entire time

Stretching after for cool down

Also, since we do not have a car, we must walk. I have walked about 5 miles a day since we got here.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Kick butt in Japan, RockAngel! :^D What a great adventure!
    Good luck with the gym position, too! Although it sounds like the walking is going to cut down on a need for specific cardio time. . . yay! More time for the iron! :^)
    I am stronger than my strongest excuse!

Current ORM BP: 163 | OHP: 119 | Squat: 198 | Deads: 262
    Current Goal BP: 165 | OHP: 125 | Squat: 225 | Deads: 265
    TSJGR Goals BP: 1.5xBW | OHP: 205 | Squat: 1.5xBW | Deads: 315+


    Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173058501&p=1474053281#post1474053281

Originally Posted by Tpocalicious View Post
    Kick butt in Japan, RockAngel! :^D What a great adventure!
    Good luck with the gym position, too! Although it sounds like the walking is going to cut down on a need for specific cardio time. . . yay! More time for the iron! :^)
    Thanks!

The walking was because we had to go to all the different offices on base, and of course, no office can be right next door to each other. It was just a lot of walking across base.

Now that we are moved into our house, its not so much walking.

In fact, our apartment is close to everything, including the gym. We still don't have a car so I can only walk.

We moved in Thursday, and in less than 8 hours, the Japanese crew had my 9,000 lbs worth of house hold junk in the house. We also live on the 3rd floor with some tiny elevators, so I was impressed with their efficiency.

We have spent the last few days getting the house in some sort of functional order and had a Christmas party to attend last night. I didn't get in any work out in the gym, but moving is its own sorta nightmare. We have had lots of damaged, broken or missing items that will have to be claimed and go through the process.

So tomorrow I will be back at the gym bright and early at noon. The weights area on this base is only open from 12 - 8....bummer. Cardio and select machines are available 24 hours a day, but weights are limited. And its closed for good on sunday. So until I get a car and can drive the 30 mins to the other base, I'm stuck with some crazy hours.

Good news is that my kitchen is functional and we were able to meal plan today and get actual groceries. Nutrition for today has been good, lots of protein, fruits, and veggies, with water only. I made it a bad habit to return to sodas and sweet teas so I need to get out of that.

I will weigh in tomorrow and as soon as I can find a clear spot and my bikini, I need to get progress pics!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Took my 3 minute walk to the gym here today and got my workout in. This gym is smaller and has less equipment and odd hours, but its not as populated. At least there were no gaggle of dudes hogging the stuff.

I stayed a bit light in weights, partially because ive lost some strength and partially because I do not want to get so sore that I cant walk again. So far I am feeling good, so I think I will be able to up the weights. I also forgot to eat before going. I know that sounds crazy, but I forgot to do a piece of an assignment for class, so panicked and completed that prior to going to the gym and time got away from me. I ate as soon as I came home.

Legs:
    Leg Curl 4 x 8 @30lbs
    Squat 4x8 @ 20
    Leg Press 6x10 @ 50
    DB RDL 3x15 @ 20
    Calf Press 3x 12 @ 70

Cardio:
    Did 15 minutes on the spin bike, wanted to do 20 but ran out of juice (should have eaten) and about 10 minutes of stretching for cool down.

Also weighed in at 122.5 this morning. OUCH!!! That's what a few months of eating, drinking, and being merry with no awareness gets me.

One of the things I was upset about moving to Sasebo vs the other bases is that Sasebo is pretty far away from the major cities and bodybuilding is less seen here. I have been doing some more digging and have found that there are shows within driving distance so that may be something I look at in the future.

Right now my goals are:
    1.) Get back into a regular gym routine and training
    2.) Fat loss
    3.) Gain muscle

Hoping the lay off will see me back to where I was plus a bit of overshoot on the muscle, but the fat loss is going to be more of a focus for now. I think fat loss should be relatively quick once I pay better attention to nutrition. I feel I am in a good spot to do that now with the move over and school finishing this week.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Monday night, I went back and did yoga class. It was a great class and I plan to go next week as well. We worked on Crow pose and there was a lot of leg work which made it tough after a leg day.
    Tuesday:

Chest/Shoulders

Incline Bench 3x8 @45
    Flat DB Press 3x8 @15
    Pronated Chest Fly 3x16 @30
    Seated DB Press 3x8 @10
    DB Side Raise 3x8 @5
    Prone DB Rear Fly 3x16 @5

No cardio

Wednesday(today):
    Back

Rack Chins 4x8
    Deadstop SM Rows 3x8 @20
    1 Arm DB Row 3x12 @10
    Wide Grip Pulldown 3x12 @ 25/40/40
    Pullover 3x20 @10/15/15

Cardio:
    25 minutes on the spin Bike

So far nutrition is going well, though I need to track macros better. I am not logging it yet but I am weighing. Water consumption has definitely increased and I have not had sodas in days.

Today I am a bit sore, but nothing like last week. Its a good feeling
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like you're getting well settled, and back into routine. I can't imagine what a PITA such a big move would be, let alone when trying to keep up with working out, and nutrition. Way to go.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Monday night, I went back and did yoga class. It was a great class and I plan to go next week as well. We worked on Crow pose and there was a lot of leg work which made it tough after a leg day.
    Tuesday:

Chest/Shoulders . . .

So far nutrition is going well, though I need to track macros better. I am not logging it yet but I am weighing. Water consumption has definitely increased and I have not had sodas in days.

Today I am a bit sore, but nothing like last week. Its a good feeling
    Great workout, and great progress on the sodas! Woot woot!! :^D


    Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173058501&p=1474053281#post1474053281

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Sounds like you're getting well settled, and back into routine. I can't imagine what a PITA such a big move would be, let alone when trying to keep up with working out, and nutrition. Way to go.
    Slowly getting settled. This portion has actually been the easiest. Considering we have been dealing with the move for almost a full year, once we were in the country, things finally felt like they were rolling. I am so tired of the waiting game.

Great workout, and great progress on the sodas! Woot woot!! :^D
    Thanks! I know the sodas are a bad habit, I seem to always pick up when I'm back home.

I am really determined to get back into a routine. I have had such a rough time with it being in Texas with a lack of gym that was close and didn't require a 50 mile RT drive everyday. I'm lucky in that I have a place just steps outside my door. So no more reasons, no more excuses, no more slacking.

Slept like crap last night, I feel like this affected my workout a bit. No reason for the lack of sleep, just couldn't get my brain to shut off.

Today was another leg day.

Donkey kick Machine 4x8 @ 30
    Glute Ham Raise 4x8

Leg Curl 4x8 @ 30/40/40/40
    DB RDL 4x8 @ 20

Front Squat 3x10 @ 45

Back Squat 3x10 @ 45/55/55

Leg Press 3x10 @ 50 (I believe the slide itself weighs about 65lbs, but not 100% sure)

Leg Ext 3x20 @ 15/10/10

With the leg extensions as a finisher, I always feel like I'm about to puke.

Cooldown:
    10 mins of stretching

Walked out of the gym like I was a newborn giraffe, wobbly and drunk lookin. Was able to rest for a bit but then had to go get some small groceries so walked a bit around base. Later tonight we are going to walk to the movie theater and see the new Harry Potter movie.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Friday:
    Arms

Bench Dips 4x8
    OH Rope Ext 4x8 @30/30/20/20
    Cable Push down 4x20 20/20/15/15
    (preformed as a super set)

Seated DB Hammer Curl 4x8 @ 10
    Incline DB Curl 4x8 @ 5
    Spider Curl 4x16 @ 5
    (preformed as a super set)

Cardio:
    25 minutes on elliptical

Took Sat and Sun off to finish my school work. Turned in my last project last night so I am officially done with classes! Just waiting on the grades now. All that is left is to finish the internship project and I am done, but that's on my own and not a class.

Weighed in this morning, I am at 121.4, so I am on the right track even without actually tracking macros. though I do need to start tracking. But the last week I was just getting back into eating better than before.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yay for being done with classes!

I don't track all my macros anymore, just protein. I was tracking at since I used to have a problem keeping it higher, but keeping egg yolks in my breakfasts has resulted in consistently hitting it. I never track carbs since they're just my remaining calories, and I'm not trying to hit a minimum. I'm lazy. >.<

End of class and feeling on the right track? YESSSS!!!!!



Yay for being done with classes!

I don't track all my macros anymore, just protein. I was tracking at since I used to have a problem keeping it higher, but keeping egg yolks in my breakfasts has resulted in consistently hitting it. I never track carbs since they're just my remaining calories, and I'm not trying to hit a minimum. I'm lazy. >.<
    I know I am going to have to buckle down and track at some point soon. But with so much going on, it has been easier just to focus on eating what I know I need to be eating. Nothing is "off limits" really, its more about getting back into meal planning, eating food I make vs eating out, and paying attention to my body. The water thing and being hydrated is something I have been working on too.

So much to go over this week. Starting with Workouts:

Monday:
    Legs/Arms

Squat 3x10 @ 55/65/70

Leg Press 4x12 @ 50 (plus sled)

Bulgarian Split Squat 3x15 @ body weight cause my balance sucks
    Curl 3x15 @ 10
    Push Down 3x15 @ 20

SB Single leg lunge 3x15 @ 20
    Conc. Curl 3x12 10
    OH DB Extension 3x12 @ 10

Plus Yoga class right after, which was great, a lot of shoulder mobility work in the class.

Tuesday:
    Chest/Rotation

Incline Press 3x10 @ 45

Flat Press 3x10 @ 20
    MB Vertical Chopper 3x10 @ 8

Dips 3 x 10 @ BW
    High to Low Choppers cable 3x15 @ 20 (each side)

1 Arm Lying DB Press 3x10 @ 15
    Horizontal Chopper cable 3x15 @ 20 (each side)

Machine Press 3x15 @ 20
    Russian Twist 3x15 @ 6

Wednesday:
    Back/Posterior Chain

1 Arm DB Rows 3x10 @ 20

Seated Row 4 x 12 @ 25
    Hyperextensions 4x12 @ BW

Wide Grip Pulldown 4x12 @ 25/40/40/40
    Cable Pull Through 4x15 @ 15

Deadlifts 3x12 @ 45
    SB Straight leg Lateral Raise 3x15 each side @ BW

Straight Arm Pulldown 3x15 @ 20/25/25
    BB Hip Thrust 3x12 @ 45

Thursday:
    Decided to skip the gym. We had to take the bus to main base so I was up at 5:30, bus left at 7, we bought a car and then I had an interview with the gym. It went well and I was tentatively offered the position. I pretty much have the job, but they have a process to go through so it wont be official until a few weeks. I am also applying for another job in my degree field but at least I will have a job either way. We got lost trying to come home, so didn't actually get home until after 5pm. It was such a draining day that I was exhausted by the time we got home.

We had to stay on Main base from 7:30 until after my interview which was at 1, the weather decide to be crappy all day, which walking in the wind and rain made me look like a drowned frizzy rat. Not fun when you are trying to look professional. My stupid heels came apart at the seams once they got wet enough, so I bought some chucks as the base store had no womens sizes that fit. I wear a size child 3 in flats and can get away with a 5 in womens heels, but they are hard to find. I walked out of my house looking put together and professional, I felt like I looked awful by the time I walked into the interview. It went well enough, but I feel like the universe was saying that this isn't the job you really need.

Anways, I'm hoping to make it to the gym today, but I scheduled myself a massage with a local chick in a couple of hours. The gym is closed tomorrow through Monday, so its gonna suck through the holidays and then figuring out how to work out with my new work schedule and transportation issues will be fun.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Sounds like a lot going on on Thursday. May you trust your gut and make the right decision for you. . . with this job and with working out through the holidays and new schedule. :^)



Sounds like a lot going on on Thursday. May you trust your gut and make the right decision for you. . . with this job and with working out through the holidays and new schedule. :^)
    Thursday was such a mess.
    Friday I didn't make it to the gym, there wasn't enough time and I was almost late to my massage appointment. Thankfully I made it and the MT is really good, knows her stuff, and LIFTS!! She is also a chiropractor who lived almost right on top of me in San Diego, though she has been here a few years. Somehow I missed her in SD but I am glad I have her now. I got her take on both the gym situation here and the medical situation here as well as the home business side of things. She works out of her apartment as many do here. So the massage was great plus met a lifter and got some good intel.

Gym was closed until today so spent the weekend cooking and eating. Made homemade chicken and dumplings on Sat and on sunday has ham dinner and made rolls from scratch as well as brown sugar cinnamon and honey butter. Not the healthiest, but zomg tastes amazing!!

All group ex classes are canceled for the week, so instead of doing the yoga class, I did my own stretching thing Monday night. Tried to go to the gym today and I guess they decided not to open the weights area at all. I was stuck with the only part that was open, the cardio and selecterized machines. I was so pissed! but ya know, sometimes you just have to make it work.

So when I saw what was available, I sat down and figured out something to at least get some sort of workout it. I tried to stay as close to what I was supposed to do but it only sorta worked.
    So

Tuesday:
    Legs/Arms

Glute kickback machine (basically a warmup until the dude got off the leg curl machine.)
    3x12 @ 30

Leg Curl 3x10 @ 35/40/40

Bulgarian Split Squat 3x10 @BW
    Curl 3x10 @ 10

Leg Press 3x10 @ 70/80/90
    Calf Press 3x20 @ 70/80/90

Conc. Curl 3x10 @ 10
    OH 1 Arm DB Extension 3x10 @ 10

10 minutes stretching for cool down

I have applied for the other job and I am crossing my fingers I get it. I am working super hard on getting this internship project done. Its coming along but there is a lot of work to do. I just want to be finished already!!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Wait - did I forget this?? Where in San Diego were you?? Because I'm in SD! :^D
    Sending awesome outcome vibes,
    J



Wait - did I forget this?? Where in San Diego were you?? Because I'm in SD! :^D
    Sending awesome outcome vibes,
    J
    I didn't realize you were in SD either! We lived in La Mesa, pretty much right off the 94, close to SDSU. It was a nice place to live overall.

Took some progress pics since I entered the transformation contest. I see some things I am happy with but I'm not happy about the weight/fat. So that is priority first. Though overall, I see some decent progress so I think once losing the fat I will be pleased.

Weighed in this morning at 123, the holiday eating affected me. But now its time to start getting serious about losing this fat and work through the challenge! Ideally, I would like to see a 15 lb loss and hold there.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Day 2
    Chest/Choppers

DB Flyes 3x10 @15/20/20

Flat Bench 3x10 @ 50/50/40
    MB Vertical Chopper 3x10 @8

Machine Fly 3x12 @30/35/35
    High to low chopper 3x15 @20/25/30

1 Arm Lying DB Press 3x10 @15
    Horizontal Cable Chopper 3x15 @20/25/25

Machine Press 3x15 @50/40/40
    Russian Twists 3x15 @8

Cardio: Spin Bike 25 minutes
    Stretching 10 minutes
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Day 3
    Back/Posterior Chain

1 Arm DB Rows 3x10 @ 20

Seated Row 4x12 @ 40
    Hyper Extensions 4x12 @ bodyweight

Wide Grip Pulldown 4x12 @ 40
    Cable Pull Thru 4x12 @ 30

Deadlifts 3x12 @ 55 (will increase weight next week)
    SB Straight leg lateral raise 3x15 each side @ body weight

Straight Arm Pulldown 3x15 @25/30/35
    BB Hip Thrust 3x12 @ 45

Got a fitbit for Christmas its full of interesting stuffs. Avg heart rate for this weight workout was 130. Resting heartrate is 65.

I did 30 mins of pop pilates, more to practice the choreo than anything. But fitbit says my maintenance cals are about 1900 to 2000 a day. Which is interesting.

I'm also gonna pick up an ISO bag so I can take it to work when I finally start. So I'm about to really have to start scheduling and counting way more than I am now
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Just getting caught up. The holidays were a setback for me too, but a tasty setback.
    Yay for ISO bag, I have no need to meal prep, but gear like that makes me wish I did. >.<

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Day 3

Got a fitbit for Christmas its full of interesting stuffs. Avg heart rate for this weight workout was 130. Resting heartrate is 65.
    I know...I love my Fitbit (it made muscle building possible when I worked security and had such an inconsistent activity level) but, even now working in the restaurant, I find that it thinks my maintenance is about 200 calories below what it actually is.
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

Just getting caught up. The holidays were a setback for me too, but a tasty setback.
    Yay for ISO bag, I have no need to meal prep, but gear like that makes me wish I did. >.<
    Wanted to get the bag because if I take the gym job, hours are going to be odd, if I get the medical job, better hours but would be out all day, which I am not used to. Went to buy the bag, it was gone, so will have to either order one, or see if they get another in stock.

Originally Posted by aquamarine84 View Post
    I know...I love my Fitbit (it made muscle building possible when I worked security and had such an inconsistent activity level) but, even now working in the restaurant, I find that it thinks my maintenance is about 200 calories below what it actually is.
    I think the fit bit isn't 100% accurate on the cals, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. The heartrate and steps should be accurate though, which is what I really wanted more so than calories. The info I found said fitbit is about 10% off of cal tracking.

Todays workout, Day 4
    Delts/abs

Seated DB Press 4x10 @15

Seated DB Side lat 3x12 @5
    Inverted Crunches 3x12 @BW

Shoulder press Machine 3x12 @ 15/20/20
    SB Lying Exchange 3x12

DB Alt Front Raise 3x12 @ 5
    Ab wheel roll outs 2x12
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

Took Sat and Sun off, gym was closed anyways and my body was feeling the need for the rest. Had a nice quiet new years eve and new year day, then got back to the gym today. It was still closed but the 24 hr portion was open, which is really a bunch of cardio and machines with limited dumbbells. At least we got cable machines in there now. I'm waiting on wed so we can get the new stepmill, which next to a spin bike, is my fav cardio equipment.

Today was legs, I am glad the holidays are over now so I can have the weight room next week.

Day 1
    Legs/Arms

Glute Machine 3x10 @40/45/45 (warmup)

Leg Curl 3x10 @ 40/45/45

Bulgarian Split Squat 3x10 @ BW (increase next week)
    Curl 3x10 @ 10 (increase next Week)
    Cable Push Down 3x10 @ 25

Leg press 3x10 @ 90/100/110
    Calf Press 3x20 @ 90/100/110

Cable OH Ext 3x12 @ 20/25/25
    Conc. Curl 3x12 @ 10 (increase next week)

I'm feeling pretty good, and feel some of my lifts coming back and can increase the weights next week.

Started tracking macros. So far today I am at

37f
    136 c
    123 p
    1369 cals for the day

My goal for carbs was to eat more fruits and veggies and limit the grains and such, so I'm under in carbs right now. I wanted more fruits and veggies because I tend not to eat them and opt for breads and such... though today I had 1 cupcake and am still under carbs... lol. I made snickerdoodle cupcakes, really yummy! I got some wild ideas and wanted to bake.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

I didn't realize you were in SD either! We lived in La Mesa, pretty much right off the 94, close to SDSU. It was a nice place to live overall.
    I can see SDSU from my kitchen!! Literally a mile away from the campus!



PS I got an IsoPack for Christmas - going to use it for the first time tomorrow (now that work's starting back up). We'll have to compare notes on how we like 'em!



I can see SDSU from my kitchen!! Literally a mile away from the campus!
    Seriously, we were so close to each other and didn't know it. I was a mile from the shopping center thats on college ave, right by 94.

PS I got an IsoPack for Christmas - going to use it for the first time tomorrow (now that work's starting back up). We'll have to compare notes on how we like 'em!
    Oh that's a nice Christmas present! I haven't been back to the store to see if they restocked, but there is a sale on them right now, 20% off from the website, so I may just go that route.

Monday night, slept like crap. My sleep schedule is all messed up. Hubby and I had been staying up till like 3 am binge watching shows and then sleeping late. No one had work or school so getting kids back to school and hubby back to work hasn't been fun for sleep. But we are getting there.

So 5 hours of sleep on Monday, led to a kinda sucky workout last night. I didn't even want to go. But I sucked it up, took a pre workout, got dressed and went anyway. It wasn't my best but a sucky workout is better than no workout.

Day 2
    Chest and Choppers

DB Flyes 3x10 @20/15/15

DB Flat Bench 3x12 @ 20
    MB Vertical Chopper 3x12 @8

Machine Flyes 3x15 @ 20
    Low to High Chopper 3x15 @ 20

1 arm DB Press 3x10 @ 15
    Horizontal Chopper 3x15 @ 20

Machine Press 3x15 @ 20
    Russian Twisr 3x15 @ 5

Cardio:
    Liss on spin bike 20 minutes avg heart rate 117

Slept more last night. Woke up and weighed in at 120.8 so nice little woosh there
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

So I went ahead and ordered the iso bag. With the 20% off, it was actually cheaper than purchasing it in store here, plus I got to pick my color. Got the purple one

Wednesday
    Day 3
    Back and Posterior chain

1 Arm DB Rows 3x10 @ 20/25/25

Seated Row 4x12 @ 40

Wide Grip Pulldown 4x12 @ 40/55/55
    Cable Pull Thru 4x12 @ 35/35/40

Deadlifts 3x12 @ 65/75/75
    SB Straight leg lateral raise 3x15 each side @ body weight

Straight Arm Pulldown 3x15 @30/35/35
    BB Hip Thrust 3x12 @ 35

My hubby went with me tonight, he pushes me to lift more. We did cardio for 15 mins, I did the ARC machine this time just because I had never used it. Its ok. I was hoping the gym would get the Step mill in today but maybe tomorrow.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps