FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100)

Question about Using the kettleclamp for Ironmaster DBs, especially at higher weight?

I'm about to buy the Kettleclamp. It's a port ale handle that turns DBs into a kettle-Dumbell. So, would you say that the IMs can handle constant dynamic movements at high reps such as the swing? I'd hate for the screw to undue and then the screw & plates fly, especially at the higher weights.

Also, will the 120s to 165 lb add ons make it impossible to do swings at those weights being that they're so long? I know I won't be sending those weight for a long time but I want to make sure that when i do reach those weight size that my balls and junk won't get banged up badly.

Here's a link to what The KettleClamp is: http://www.thekettleclamp.com/

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've answered these questions in another thread.

For anyone finding this thread in the future, there's a lot of information (including photos and usage tips) about the Ironmaster Kettlebell Handle in this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137559523
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100) FlacoPapo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by KBKB View Post
    I've answered these questions in another thread.

For anyone finding this thread in the future, there's a lot of information (including photos and usage tips) about the Ironmaster Kettlebell Handle in this thread:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=137559523
    I'm not taking about the Kettlebell handle. I'm using the regular Irnmaster DBs with the Kettleclamp, this: http://www.thekettleclamp.com/

Not the Ironmaster KB handle...

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by FlacoPapo View Post
    I'm not taking about the Kettlebell handle. I'm using the regular Irnmaster DBs with the Kettleclamp, this: http://www.thekettleclamp.com/

Not the Ironmaster KB handle...
    Okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think it should still work okay, so long as the KettleClamp can clamp onto the slightly larger than normal diameter of the Ironmaster Dumbbell handles. I don't have any great concerns about the plates coming free, though read my caveats in my earlier reply (in the other thread) regarding what to do if you hear the plates rattling. (Basically, stop the set and tighten everything.)

The other concern that I had when looking at the KettleClamp in the past is the orientation of the handle. They say it can rotate, which is good, but if it rotates too freely, that's probably not good. Ideally, you'd like to be able to lock it in place. If that's possible, then this concern is moot too.

The only other thing I'll note is that you'll be pretty much limited to doing swings with the KettleClamp. I can't see doing cleans or snatches with it.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have IM dumbbells already, then I don't see the point of this gadget when you can just get the IM Kettlebell handle. You are limited to 80 lbs that way, but the configuration is much more compact, and you can do more than just swings with it. It is also cheaper than the gizmo you linked.

I would be concerned about banging a DB/Kettleclamp into my knees once I started using bigger DB's.

That said, it's your money.
    Last edited by rlundregan; 12-01-2016 at 03:41 AM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I think it should still work okay, so long as the KettleClamp can clamp onto the slightly larger than normal diameter of the Ironmaster Dumbbell handles. I don't have any great concerns about the plates coming free, though read my caveats in my earlier reply (in the other thread) regarding what to do if you hear the plates rattling. (Basically, stop the set and tighten everything.)

The other concern that I had when looking at the KettleClamp in the past is the orientation of the handle. They say it can rotate, which is good, but if it rotates too freely, that's probably not good. Ideally, you'd like to be able to lock it in place. If that's possible, then this concern is moot too.

The only other thing I'll note is that you'll be pretty much limited to doing swings with the KettleClamp. I can't see doing cleans or snatches with it.
    Gotcha.

My concern then is the length of the higher weight. Won't the DBs be too long to swing at certain weights?

Also, like the user "rlundregan" mentioned. Is the possibility of smashing the knee and shattering it gonna be a major concern? Are the chances higher due to the shape of the DBs plus the handle of the KB as opposed to a more compact Kettlebell?
    Last edited by FlacoPapo; 12-01-2016 at 06:11 AM.

Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    If you have IM dumbbells already, then I don't see the point of this gadget when you can just get the IM Kettlebell handle. You are limited to 80 lbs that way, but the configuration is much more compact, and you can do more than just swings with it. It is also cheaper than the gizmo you linked.

I would be concerned about banging a DB/Kettleclamp into my knees once I started using bigger DB's.

That said, it's your money.
    True, I'd think that'd shatter your knee maybe.

Gotcha.

My concern then is the length of the higher weight. Won't the DBs be too long to swing at certain weights?

Also, like the user "rlundregan" mentioned. Is the possibility of smashing the knee and shattering it gonna be a major concern? Are the chances higher due to the shape of the DBs plus the handle of the KB as opposed to a more compact Kettlebell?
    With regard to the contraption being too wide for the knees, one of the KettleClamp's features is a "pivoting handle"...

This suggests that you can orient the dumbbell (attached to the KettleClamp) so that the long axis of the dumbbell is orthogonal to the user's body. This should allow you to avoid taking an extra-wide stance to avoid smashing your knees.

My one concern with this feature is whether the pivoting handle can be locked in place. If it can't be locked in place, then the dumbbell is free to move while performing swings, making the knee smashing problem a concern again.

Another concern with using ultra-long dumbbells with the kettleclamp is that more of the mass is placed further away from the center of gravity. Thus any rotation introduced while performing a movement will be harder to control. However, I doubt that this will be a problem since the only movement you can do with the kettleclamp are swings.

I think long dumbbells may make it harder to start and stop a swing. When I do swings, I typically place the kettlebell about a foot and a half in front of me and then hike it back between my legs to initiate the movement. A very long dumbbell attached to the kettleclamp (orthogonal to the lifter's body) will make such a movement move difficult. I think it might still be performed by straddling the contraption, doing a deadlift, and then doing small swings, increasing the amplitude over the first few reps.

Like rlundregan, I think your money would be better spent on the Ironmaster kettlebell handle. You'll be able to use your Ironmaster plates for making kettlebells (coupled with the IM kettlebell handle) up to 80lbs.

If you want to make an even heavier kettlebell, you can use standard (one inch hole) plates as shown in this photo of a 150lb kettlebell from Vermonter:

He's using 25lb plates in this set up. I think even heavier total kettlebell weights could be achieved by using even more plates plus an extra long lock-screw from the 165lb kit.
    Last edited by KBKB; 12-01-2016 at 07:11 AM.

Apparently it can be locked into place. There's a pin that you unhook and then push in to lock in place. It was in one of the demo videos on YouTube. My concern is if that'll be durable and not loosen after time of of usage.

With regard to the contraption being too wide for the knees, one of the KettleClamp's features is a "pivoting handle"...

This suggests that you can orient the dumbbell (attached to the KettleClamp) so that the long axis of the dumbbell is orthogonal to the user's body. This should allow you to avoid taking an extra-wide stance to avoid smashing your knees.

My one concern with this feature is whether the pivoting handle can be locked in place. If it can't be locked in place, then the dumbbell is free to move while performing swings, making the knee smashing problem a concern again.

Another concern with using ultra-long dumbbells with the kettleclamp is that more of the mass is placed further away from the center of gravity. Thus any rotation introduced while performing a movement will be harder to control. However, I doubt that this will be a problem since the only movement you can do with the kettleclamp are swings.

I think long dumbbells may make it harder to start and stop a swing. When I do swings, I typically place the kettlebell about a foot and a half in front of me and then hike it back between my legs to initiate the movement. A very long dumbbell attached to the kettleclamp (orthogonal to the lifter's body) will make such a movement move difficult. I think it might still be performed by straddling the contraption, doing a deadlift, and then doing small swings, increasing the amplitude over the first few reps.

Like rlundregan, I think your money would be better spent on the Ironmaster kettlebell handle. You'll be able to use your Ironmaster plates for making kettlebells (coupled with the IM kettlebell handle) up to 80lbs.

If you want to make an even heavier kettlebell, you can use standard (one inch hole) plates as shown in this photo of a 150lb kettlebell from Vermonter:

He's using 25lb plates in this set up. I think even heavier total kettlebell weights could be achieved by using even more plates plus an extra long lock-screw from the 165lb kit.
    I just read your entire last post.

I didn't know that you can use plates outside of of ironmasters with the handles and Kettlebell handle... That's definitely interesting. The only issue is having to buy extra plates and having extra plates to organize but it does look my in tact and maybe easier to handle than using a dumbbell.

How secure are the screws,the Ironmaster handles and KB handle with third-party plates?

How secure are the screws,the Ironmaster handles and KB handle with third-party plates?
    I don't have a lot of experience with this.

I did a test one time using my kettlebell handle and some 10lb standard plates that I own. During my test, I found that I could lock the plates securely in place.

When using the short or medium length lock screws, it could happen that you won't be able to turn the screw far enough to lock it in place. Should this happen, you'll need to place a spacer between the lock-screw and plate. One or more washers with a 1" hole may be used for this purpose. If you have the extra-long lock-screws from the 165lb add-on kit, you needed worry about this due to the lock-screws being fully threaded. (Which is probably a good idea anyway for heavier weights.)

Keetman discusses using standard plates with his Ironmaster dumbbell handles in The dumbbell thread. Here's a link to his post:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post647712423

I don't have a lot of experience with this.

I did a test one time using my kettlebell handle and some 10lb standard plates that I own. During my test, I found that I could lock the plates securely in place.

When using the short or medium length lock screws, it could happen that you won't be able to turn the screw far enough to lock it in place. Should this happen, you'll need to place a spacer between the lock-screw and plate. One or more washers with a 1" hole may be used for this purpose. If you have the extra-long lock-screws from the 165lb add-on kit, you needed worry about this due to the lock-screws being fully threaded. (Which is probably a good idea anyway for heavier weights.)

Keetman discusses using standard plates with his Ironmaster dumbbell handles in The dumbbell thread. Here's a link to his post:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post647712423
    Thanks bro.

Really appreciate your help and advice