GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Keto Log and Story

Hey everyone,

I'm starting to get hardcore on the keto diet again today. I did very well with it in the past, getting from 242 to 203 and gaining a lot of muscle. However, I got out of the gym and the diet after my Mom was diagnosed and passed from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis ( ALS ) back this March. I also got depressed due to her loss, as well as the fear of developing the disease myself, even though doctors do not believe we have the genetic form of the disease.

Oddly enough, there is a lot of research out there stating that the ketogenic diet protect against a wide variety of neurological conditions due to the ability of the mitochondria in the cells being able to handle ketones ( the form of energy we used during most of human history ) better than glucose.

I will try and update this daily to stay accountable, and post my MyFitnessPal info to keep the diet in check.

GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GuitarGuyBMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really good week so far. After thanksgiving I was out of ketosis, but according to my Ketonix meter I'm firmly back in now. Have been staying around 25% Protein, 5% carbs, 70% fat.

Two good workouts, which I tracked on here. Going for a long shoulder/calves workout this evening. Need to get some more MCT oil.

brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brooks1865 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    had some success with keto myself before, will probably start it again in january. Subbed and in for support!

Had a good workout Wednesday, which I logged on here. Unfortunately ate some carbs ( 70g total ) that day and took a good bit of MCT oil to try and get back into ketosis. Got sick as a dog that afternoon, as anyone who has taken a lot of MCT oil can tell you will happen. Feel great again today and checked my acetone level which was at 50 ( nutritional ketosis level ).

Going for a heavy leg workout today with some core work. Planning to squat instead of leg press for the first time in a long time. Superset for biceps/triceps tomorrow.

Got off track a little bit, but still in Ketosis. Anything on the Ketonix above 25 is "nutritional ketosis" and I'm currently at 37, but down a little bit from the other day. Had some carbs while watching my Clemson Tigers lock up a playoff spot last night.

On Saturday I did a pretty intense workout hitting legs and all my arms. Think I had about a total of 24 sets of work usually at 8-10 reps on each exercise. It was the first time I've done a Barbell Squat in a few years. I'm really feeling it today but I kind of like the soreness and am going to try and squat relatively at least once a week.

I was able to get in to the gym four times this week. Had a lot going on with my business. Down about four pounds to 231 and am staying in ketosis pretty well. Going to try an intermittent fast all next week, eating between the hours of 2pm and 8pm each day.

It's been a while since my last update.

Currently doing very well. Down another four pounds to 227. My goal is 200 by May 6th, my 29th birthday. I'm a little behind pace, but I did miss a few days of the gym and have a few carby meals last week.

Have had a great week. Down to 225 lb. Made it in to the gym every day but Thursday. My lifts are still steadily going up and are higher then they've ever been. Was able to rep 285x6 on bench. Feeling pretty good on Keto and haven't had a cheat day all week.

KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KetoCarol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Goog luck on your journey, and sorry for your loss