Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Do you think I should get Invisalign (clear braces)?

Like most teenagers, I had braces from ages 15-16.5, but I bent the retainer when I was on vacation. Since then, my teeth have shifted a bit, and I'm no longer content with their appearance. I am considering getting Invisalign, but given that it will cost $3,000 with insurance, this is no small purchase.
    I've attached two images of my teeth below. They are not BAD, per say, but I'm sort of a perfectionist.
    Please let me know your opinions.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Forever20Plus3; 11-26-2016 at 10:05 AM.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd do a lot of research first. I've heard that in many cases they don't help much, or make the issue worse and still need braces to correct.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamworkin4it has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have Invisalign right now and I hate it. When you get new trays your entire head hurts for about a week. And you can only take it off to eat for 2 hours a day max, else the next tray will fit even tighter and hurt more. I paid 5 grand cash for it and I've had it since March of this year. Barely see any changes ! And they've caused cavities. Think about it, the trays trap in bacteria and since you can only take it off 2 hours a day it holds it in even more. Don't do it. Long process, over priced, uncomfortable and gives you a speech impediment. Very freakin painful !!

Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Forever20Plus3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iamworkin4it View Post
    I have Invisalign right now and I hate it. When you get new trays your entire head hurts for about a week. And you can only take it off to eat for 2 hours a day max, else the next tray will fit even tighter and hurt more. I paid 5 grand cash for it and I've had it since March of this year. Barely see any changes ! And they've caused cavities. Think about it, the trays trap in bacteria and since you can only take it off 2 hours a day it holds it in even more. Don't do it. Long process, over priced, uncomfortable and gives you a speech impediment. Very freakin painful !!
    Would you have gotten traditional braces if you could go back in time?

DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000) DarrylCalgary is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nope.

You seem very pretty as is.

watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) watdafuqmane has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah it's worth it, if you're disciplined. And for 5-6k you can't afford not to be.

Finished mine in a year and three months and required no further revisions. From what the dentist said most people aren't diligent and don't keep them in the required amount of time, which is 22 hours a day. Most people will take them out to go to dinner, or snack or whatever, but you'll have to give all that up (that is, plan your meals and consciously be aware of when you're not wearing the braces)

Some other things worth knowing:
    - You'll need to brush and floss more (especially at night)
    - You'll get these buttons attached to your teeth in most cases to which the trays click into, they can be a pain to remove sometimes
    - Trays switch generally every 2 weeks, and you'll definitely feel some pain/discomfort for a few days
    - I would take my trays with me to dinners and such, and remove them in the bathroom (by the end I just didn't give a **** and took them out in plain view)
    - Trays will start to smell get denture cleaning solution and put them in while you eat once a day / brush as well in the morning/night

If you can survive all that it'll be worth it. But at the end of the day your teeth don't even look bad, mine were pretty bad.
    Last edited by watdafuqmane; 12-19-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    No muscle crew.

esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) esh83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had invisalign for 2 years and my experience with it wasnt bad compared to traditional braces i had when i was younger. My teeth hurt just like they did with normal braces for a day or two after changing trays. I always changed trays at night and by morning, they popped in and out fairly easily. I also had a ton of buttons on my teeth and i had to wear rubber bands (yuck) but my teeth were really offset. I was told not to use denture solution on my trays. I just brushed them with my tooth brush every day and they never smelled or stained. After i ate or drank anything with sugar, i would brush my teeth. After it treatment was done, my teeth came out perfect, never had a cavity compared to when i had traditional braces many years ago. its kind of a social inconvience when out eating and drinking with friends by having to constantly run to the restroom to remove my trays, but i prefer it over the clunky brackets on my teeth.

Do some research and find a reputable orthodontist thats certified in invisalign. I did alot of reading online before i commited to the treatment. My invisalign ran me 6k. It was expensive but will worth it. Its been 3 years after finishing my treatment. I wear one of those wire retainers almost everynight and my teeth havent shifted. Overall, I'm happy with the outcome.

Tinyfitgirl12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

I have been a certified dental assistant for 6 years. I know many orthodontist who's opinion is that Invisalign is not as effective as traditional braces for any major movements. However, your teeth are generally straight, and I think you could get the results you want from either option. You just absolutely have to wear your Invisalign for 23 hours a day. A pro about Invisalign is that you will be able to keep your teeth much cleaner and floss easily. Whatever you choose, wear your retainer after! 