Des843 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Des843 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Des843 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Des843 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Des843 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Des843 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Weirdly strong female?

So.. I am a 5'2, 130 lb, 21 year old female and I'm slightly self conscious about how much I can lift. I was excited at first but then I got slightly anxious after my most recent "testing" with my trainer. I know that girls cannot get "bulky" the way men do, we don't have the testosterone.. I get that, but I've only been training for about a month and a half, between 2-3 times a week, and my physical activity within the last 2-ish years has been fairly minimal.. yet my max for squats and deadlifts is 205 lbs. My trainer, very recently, has been getting me to lift 155 lbs for 8 sets of 3.. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm weirdly strong? Or if I'm just over thinking it and not as strong as I think I am?. What is everyone else lifting (females)?

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're young but I think it's awesome you are capable of lifting with those numbers. Sure there are women who lift far less but in truth there are also ones that can lift much more. If you want to see some cool strong women, look around this site and even on youtube. I like Megsquats on youtube, for example, because she is strong and competes in powerlifting but she's also quirky and fun.

To me, it's not weird that you can lift what you do and I'm sure if you keep up you can even increase your numbers. Weird is subjective and will always vary depending on the individual. I say be proud in where you're at and I hope you enjoy it because lifting can be great for confidence too. Have fun. :-D
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Des843 View Post
    So.. I am a 5'2, 130 lb, 21 year old female and I'm slightly self conscious about how much I can lift. I was excited at first but then I got slightly anxious after my most recent "testing" with my trainer. I know that girls cannot get "bulky" the way men do, we don't have the testosterone.. I get that, but I've only been training for about a month and a half, between 2-3 times a week, and my physical activity within the last 2-ish years has been fairly minimal.. yet my max for squats and deadlifts is 205 lbs. My trainer, very recently, has been getting me to lift 155 lbs for 8 sets of 3.. I guess I'm just wondering if I'm weirdly strong? Or if I'm just over thinking it and not as strong as I think I am?. What is everyone else lifting (females)?
    high school nationals 457lbs , you are not weirdly strong but you might get there if you keep on training
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) melDorado has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not blessed with strong thick thighs sadly but if you have that pear shaped build many females have you won't struggle too much with squat. Nice numbers keep it up and hey, try powerlifting!
    retired from powerlifting, retired from the misc

Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Melis689 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't overthink it, just embrace it. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to find it weird. Some people are just naturally stronger than others in different areas. To answer your question I squat 100kg as a current PR. Haven't been squatting for the last few weeks though due to sciatica pain.
    **Northern crew**
    **EFC Crew**
    **Brit with teeth intact crew**
    **actually do lift crew**

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You say you haven't had much physical activity for the last 2 years, which makes me think you did something before that? Women with a history of training hard in other sports that generate strength can come into weightlifting with a "stronger than average" start, that isn't unusual at all.

Have you ever lifted before? My only concern is that you are maxing out after lifting for only 1 1/2 months, a few days a week. If you have no history of lifting, honestly that's still a time frame when you should be dialing in form and technique. Pushing for weight on the bar if you don't have those dialed in sufficiently is asking for trouble (read: injury). But hey, if your form held up reasonably well and your squat depth was adequate, you are off to a strong start. Train wisely and safely so you can play for the long term, it could be quite exciting to see where you can take it.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    keep it up and catch my 501 deadlift lol

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by getbigordie18 View Post
    So you're a female who deadlifted 501 after 1 1/2 months of training?

I didn't think so.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you have an athletic history (even if not in the past two years), 205 deadlift after 1.5 months of training at your size is probably pretty normal. A 205 squat is probably above average assuming you're hitting depth. I wouldn't say "weirdly strong," but they're still good numbers for a beginner. Unless the 155 for sets of 3 is for bench...then while not weirdly strong for your size, would be weirdly strong for your size + experience level. Keep at it!

Originally Posted by getbigordie18 View Post
    For a 130lb woman, a 501 deadlift would be exceptional. For a guy, that means that at least there's only a handful of women under 150lbs who lift more than you.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

GetfitOU812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My wife is my lifting partner 5 ft 6 and 130lb. She has been lifting for a year. The other day I set my pr for squats 275 lb to 8 reps, she lifts the set after me and set her pr record 275 lb 10 rep. It was my last set. She is very fit and continually smashes every pr I try to set. I am not a big person either but will always keep improving myself.

TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely no need to stress! I'm wondering if you've ever been involved in other forms of athletics? When I started actually lifting in 2014 my stats were very similar to yours. 5'1", 128lbs, 24 years old. I had previously been a runner and enjoyed fitness. My lifts roughly matched yours. Keep at it if you want to get stronger! I'm down to 122lbs, and upped my squat to 275, deadlift to 300, and bench to 140 and I'm prettttty sure I don't have anxiety about it. Unless it's the good kind

Almost to peak week for squats, so I can't wait to see if my PR goes up!

TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50) TMStepanik will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GetfitOU812 View Post
    My wife is my lifting partner 5 ft 6 and 130lb. She has been lifting for a year. The other day I set my pr for squats 275 lb to 8 reps, she lifts the set after me and set her pr record 275 lb 10 rep. It was my last set. She is very fit and continually smashes every pr I try to set. I am not a big person either but will always keep improving myself.
    Your wife did 275 for 10!?!? at 130lb BW!?! Please tell me she's a ranked powerlifter because that's crazy weight!

wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50) wellshii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Vids of squat and dl so we can judge .

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    So.. I am a 5'2, 130 lb, 21 year old female and [...] my max for squats and deadlifts is 205 lbs.
    Having lifted for 6 weeks, either you're talented or your form is shtty. The squat being the same as the deadlift suggests either holding back on the deadlift or squatting shallow. But's just 6 weeks in so lifts tend to be all over the place.

The world record for your weight class is 392lb squat and 486lb deadlift. [http://goodlift.info/records.php?fd=0&ac=0&sx=W&eq=1]. So it's under 50% of that. A good start, but just a start, don't get freaked out.

Maxing out after just 6 weeks suggests a clueless trainer rushing you ahead. There's no reason to test maxes in the first 3-6 months. I'd not be surprised if you got stuck soon.

As for getbigordie's 501 deadlift, since the drug-tested world record is Kim Walford's 533.5lbs, I think we should know getbigordie's real name.

mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mtnliones5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GetfitOU812 View Post
    Please tell me these are parallel squats and not 1/8 squat BS I see most in the gym doing!
    Beast in training...