kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kencasehall has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Complete ACL Tear

Hey everyone,

I am a 26 y/o male and just had a complete ACL tear. I started seriously lifting a few years ago and was working on my second 5x5 program after a bad back injury. I was playing a pickup basketball game and completely tore my ACL, but the good news is that the meniscus and everything else appear to be fine and undamaged.

I have to let the swelling go down and do some PT to improve my range of motion, so my surgery isn't until December 20th (taking advantage of the holidays). With a month until surgery and an expected 1-3 months until I start feeling alright after the surgery, I'm wondering how to best stay in shape and not completely lose my progress. Hoping to incorporate some lifts and cardio that don't put too much stress on it.

Looking for any general advice!

torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kencasehall View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am a 26 y/o male and just had a complete ACL tear. I started seriously lifting a few years ago and was working on my second 5x5 program after a bad back injury. I was playing a pickup basketball game and completely tore my ACL, but the good news is that the meniscus and everything else appear to be fine and undamaged.

I have to let the swelling go down and do some PT to improve my range of motion, so my surgery isn't until December 20th (taking advantage of the holidays). With a month until surgery and an expected 1-3 months until I start feeling alright after the surgery, I'm wondering how to best stay in shape and not completely lose my progress. Hoping to incorporate some lifts and cardio that don't put too much stress on it.

Looking for any general advice!
    wow join the club, I just fully tore my ACL a couple weeks ago playing soccer and my surgery is december 15th! I haven't had the PT session yet but the sports ortho said upper body lifting was ok. I've lifted twice since then and have resumed upper body lifting and one-legged lower body lifting primarily using bodyweight/machines/seated dumbbell stuff, anything that doesn't put too much weight on my injured leg.
    TORN ACL CREW

1100lb+ club member (1rms: 535 DL, 400 SQ) ------------ (225 OHP) ------ (250 Incline B)