Thread: casein vs. whey

astrid7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

casein vs. whey

Hi there,
    I have been doing a bit of research on casein protein, but have not actually bought it yet. Is it necessary as a supplement since I am getting it when I drink my fat-free milk? I already take whey 2-3 times a day depending on my workout. Any input is helpful! Thanks!

amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What is the brand name of your whey protein?

I think...Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard is the best...plus you get your amino acids within the protein.

And casein protein is not necessary...just as long as you are taking a whey protein.
    Train & diet like a top level athlete....not like a bodybuilder. Enough said!

I take the optimum gold standard whey. Thanks for the reply.

amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10) amadgenius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by astrid7 View Post
    I take the optimum gold standard whey. Thanks for the reply.
    Then stay with that, it is one of the best to take....and it has great gains.
    Train & diet like a top level athlete....not like a bodybuilder. Enough said!

I'm a real person!! abcreations's Avatar
    abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Casein is usually taken before bed. It is a slow digesting protein. It will keep you full for longer. So when you take it before bed it will keep your metabolism going and slowly digests through the night.
    REMEMBER: People only rain on your parade because they are jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.
    https://www.********.com/pages/April-Bong-Strong-N-Fit/134415716748824?ref=hl

ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozigal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by astrid7 View Post
    Hi there,
    I have been doing a bit of research on casein protein, but have not actually bought it yet. Is it necessary as a supplement since I am getting it when I drink my fat-free milk? I already take whey 2-3 times a day depending on my workout. Any input is helpful! Thanks!
    you don't need to buy a casein supplement. Buy cottage cheese and you have one of the best sources of casein protein out there.
    "Success comes before work...only in the dictionary"

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=936089

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=937460&highlight=ozigal

greengiant1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you don't need to buy a casein supplement. Buy cottage cheese and you have one of the best sources of casein protein out there.

Exactly. 16 freakin' grams in 1/2 cup of cottage cheese!
    If you don't like cottage cheese, try adding a 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and 1pkg of sweetner to 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Viola... Tapioca!

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All the casein supplements I've tried were pretty hard to mix with a spoon (like you can with whey). I usually drink a whey + casein combination shake before I go to bed, but cottage cheese will do the trick as well.
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883

Smile

Thanks again for the input. I actually have a very very strong dislike for cottage cheese, my boyfriend eats it like no tomorrow, but I gag. The vanilla extract sounds interesting though and maybe I will give it another go since the benefits are well worth it.

greengiant1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't like the vanilla recipe, try sliced banana and a touch of honey. Or try cinnamon. Regular cottage cheese.... yuk!

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just bought some calcium caseinate powder and I LOVE it!! Now I don't wake up hungry in the middle of the night anymore! I don't like cottage cheese so the calcium caseinate powder has come in quite handy! It's very filling, way more so than cottage cheese (which I have forced down in the past). I mix a scoop of calcium caseinate powder with 16 oz of water and a scoop of my HDT fiber powder that has a lemon-lime flavor and it makes a thick lemon-lime flavored shake! Woohoo! I'll take calcium caseinate powder over cottage cheese ANY DAY!!

Anyway, just thought I'd throw in a different opinion. The fact that I'm not waking up hungry in the middle of the night anymore is enough for me to keep buying it. I actually still felt full several hours later when I woke up my usual numerous times to use the bathroom. Now hopefully I'll also start getting some better gains, cause before I was just drinking a whey protein shake and adding some fat to it, which was still leaving me waking up hungry in the middle of the night.