Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post

Well... I'll assume since the majority of US arms and warfare manufacturing, high technology, medicine and research occur in the New England States and NY... we'll probably have the funds to just import what we need.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    Sorry bud, you are completely out of your league if you want to discuss Michigan and manufacturing with me. You can choke hold me on other subjects, but you will need to accept what I say or walk away from the discussion on this one.
    I stated verifiable facts about Detroit. I said nothing about Michigan as a whole. I think it's awfully silly you're suggesting I should walk away from a conversation because you claim to be more knowledgeable instead of just proving it.

So what was the political landscape in Detroit like between 1900 and 1962? Was crime rampant during the time? Was corruption rampant during this time? Did the automotive industry suffer in the 50's? Did white flight occur during the 50's suburbanization of Detroit? Where there any national level events that effected the automotive and steel industry during the late 60 and early 70's that might have also affected cities like Detroit?

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    Facts... right?

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Facts... right?
    Far from it.
    We (or at least I was) joking, but since you took it serious, let me school you kid.
    A) all the technology in the world ain't worth jack chit without food to eat or oil to produce it.
    You would be at bowing to us for the oil and food.
    B) Your technology is already leaving to business friendly places like Texas.
    If succession were to happen, you would have a mass exodus.
    You see chaos, most of my newer firearms aren't even manufactured in the US.
    Much easier for us to sell the necessities and buy your so called technology as needed.
    Texas has things called NASA, barbecue, tacos, Shiner Beer and hawt women.
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-t...panies-moving/

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All politicians on both sides are making us out as fools. I am ashamed of both sides because they will not at least attempt to compromise for the greater good. They only want their way and not even their constituent's way.

One solution is to elect an Independent that will have the power to negotiate with no influence, for the greater good.

The economy comes first. Congressional meeting: What incentives can we offer small businesses to nurture growth and hiring? What can we do to at least lower the cost of higher education and make it easier to pay back those loans? What portion of the GDP can we dedicate to building our infrastructure for our children? What can we do to strengthen out military? What can we do to bring our nation together in a common bond?

What can we do to take out politics in our most vital decision making? What can we do to make us the greatest nation on earth, again?

We are all victims of ideology and Group Think. So, if you are conservative, if you were honest with yourself, is there any subject that you agree with that is considered liberal? If you are liberal, if you were honest with yourself, is there any subject that you agree with that is considered conservative?

For me, the answer is many. Our politicians are professional conservatives or professional liberals. I refuse to be either one 100%.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Far from it.
    We (or at least I was) joking, but since you took it serious, let me school you kid.
    A) all the technology in the world ain't worth jack chit without food to eat or oil to produce it.
    Much easier for us to sell the necessities and buy your so called technology as needed.
    http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-t...panies-moving/
    You know damn well I was joking!!

DAMN WELL!!

(***I'm doing my best OS - I think I burnt out my impression of ACC so its with great regret I had to move on )
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Far from it.
    Sure.

Basic economics would tell you otherwise. Trade is a good thing. P.S. The U.S. doesn't run on American oil. We export American oil and use foreign oil. Surely you know that. Texas doesn't doesn't make the food for everyone either... there are other places that make food. We can trade them... for stuff like medicine that will save others lives or for American made firearms.

Perhaps you are not aware of NH's lack of sales tax or income tax.

I doubt it.

So you do understand economy?

Yes... that silly technology.

Most of these things I don't care about, and hot women can be found anywhere if you can appreciate a little diversity.

Interesting. Maybe they will come to NH with Sig Sauer; where they can enjoy our gun policy, low taxes and strong workforce.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    You know damn well I was joking!!

DAMN WELL!!

(***I'm doing my best OS - I think I burnt out my impression of ACC so its with great regret I had to move on )
    Your inner troll is stronger than you think. Watch yourself.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your inner troll is stronger than you think. Watch yourself.
    Guess that's what happens when I stop journaling.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Guess that's what happens when I stop journaling.
    Go back to what you do best and encourage chaos to take some basic economic classes.
    He could start with 101, guns and butter ..

Go back to what you do best and encourage chaos to take some basic economic classes.
    He could start with 101, guns and butter ..
    That hurts man
    ☻/
    /▌

That hurts man
    Well....
    I stopped short of calling you a troll.

Well....
    I stopped short of calling you a troll.
    Im a miscer now who lifts
    ☻/
    /▌

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    Hillary will be the POTUS for the next 8 years. Congress will spends millions and waste numerous votes trying to nail her just like they did trying to abolish the ACA. They'll further alienate the masses by not doing their jobs just like the last 6 years. The farther they right goes to extreme right, the farther the country goes to the left.
    No instead she'll empower worthless unions who think turning a fking bolt on an assembly line is worth 70 grand a year. I worked the assembly line in Germany for BMW and what Detroit does is barely worth 9 bucks an hour... Hilary will destroy even more jobs (so would trump) than Barack but won't even have a quasi moral upside... She's a piece of **** and only liars or fools think otherwise. Her minimum wage hikes are the end of the US.

Im a miscer now who lifts
    Noooooo that title belongs to me.

Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dave1958 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It will take a year after congress gets information from the FBI. Will take them 6-12 months for that to happen. Congressional investigation will take 6 months to return an indictment of impeachment. Impeachment trial will take 3-4 weeks. The final verdict will be whether a Republican congress feels safe and secure enough to make Tim Kaine the next president, or does she have enough on enough people to remain( ineffectual) as president. To most people her effectiveness is irrelevant- they either prefer a Democratic president, or a woman president.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Dave1958 View Post
    It will take a year after congress gets information from the FBI. Will take them 6-12 months for that to happen. Congressional investigation will take 6 months to return an indictment of impeachment. Impeachment trial will take 3-4 weeks. The final verdict will be whether a Republican congress feels safe and secure enough to make Tim Kaine the next president, or does she have enough on enough people to remain( ineffectual) as president. To most people her effectiveness is irrelevant- they either prefer a Democratic president, or a woman president.
    It's obvious that her ineffectiveness is not relevant to her supporters. She's done nothing noteworthy in her entire career. Other than her criminal activity, of course.
    David

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    Car manufacturing left Detroit and Michigan in general because of democratic policies and control. They ran to red states and republican controlled policies.

You can have the housing crisis, IF you can show it was because of a policy of the republicans. Not just "well, they were in charge when something bad happened."
    The housing crisis sits squarely upon the policies of Jimmy Carter that were expanded by none other than Bill Clinton. The CRA act was the driving force behind the crisis and as I've stated here before the old timers in Banking knew it was coming long before it did. Bush tried to make changes long before it came to a head but was blocked at every turn by folks like Barney Frank.

The collapse was entirely the fault of the democrats.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Hillary wants more jobs going to Mexico and offshore. That's what higher taxes do.

Ford has and is moving all small car production to Mexico from Detroit. General Motors and Chrysler also manufacture in Mexico.

What are the incentives to stay in the US?

I can break that down to anyone who needs it broken down.
    qft
    Was friends with Methuselah

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    The collapse was entirely the fault of the democrats.
    Balderdash.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Balderdash.
    Clinton allowed the securitization of loans. That plus Fannie mae Freddie Mac expansion by Clinton and Bush is what caused the crash.

Not everyone can or should own a home....

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Balderdash.
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Clinton allowed the securitization of loans. That plus Fannie mae Freddie Mac expansion by Clinton and Bush is what caused the crash.

The Bush administration called on Congress to act on the Housing bubble before it crashed over and over again. Maybe after 8 years of Obama people have forgotten that the President doesn't make law, nor change law. The Democrats, or more specifically their leaders, Reid and Pelosi, rewarded the administration's call for action with, wait for it, claims of racism.

So yes, the Dems own the housing crash, whether they or the media ever choose to admit it is another story altogether.
    I'm a sad little man

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    The Bush administration called on Congress to act on the Housing bubble before it crashed over and over again. Maybe after 8 years of Obama people have forgotten that the President doesn't make law, nor change law. The Democrats, or more specifically their leaders, Reid and Pelosi, rewarded the administration's call for action with, wait for it, claims of racism.

So yes, the Dems own the housing crash, whether they or the media ever choose to admit it is another story altogether.
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post

Fed chair Greenspan encouraged people to take out adjustable rate mortgages in 2004 during the peak of the bubble.

Wall Street firms, hardly a den of democrats, paid little to no attention to the quality of Mortgage Backed Securities.

The Bush administration provided little to no oversight to an obviously crappy mortgage backed secuities market.
    https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archi...081009-10.html

None of the above absolves the democrats, but nor does it indict them. Plenty of blame to go around.

SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SP1966 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fed chair Greenspan encouraged people to take out adjustable rate mortgages in 2004 during the peak of the bubble.

Wall Street firms, hardly a den of democrats, paid little to no attention to the quality of Mortgage Backed Securities.

The Bush administration provided little to no oversight to an obviously crappy mortgage backed secuities market.

None of the above absolves the democrats, but nor does it indict them. Plenty of blame to go around.
    Your choice of link is interesting in that it documents the Bush administration calling for changes to the laws that caused the bubble. Businesses follow the law, and the law as modified under the Clinton administration punished banks that weren't giving out these asinine loans with higher interest rates. The Republicans in Congress deserve heat for not making noise, but the bad law was proposed and written by Dems.
    I'm a sad little man

Originally Posted by SP1966 View Post
    Your choice of link is interesting in that it documents the Bush administration calling for changes to the laws that caused the bubble. Businesses follow the law, and the law as modified under the Clinton administration punished banks that weren't giving out these asinine loans with higher interest rates. The Republicans in Congress deserve heat for not making noise, but the bad law was proposed and written by Dems.
    I was trying to be fair and highlight that the lack of political will
    was a shared failure.

I was trying to be fair and highlight that the lack of political will
    was a shared failure.
    Fair isn't sharing failure, it's placing the blame with those who deserve it. Yes the Republicans in Congress deserve some heat, but to even suggest it's close is to give the Dems a pass. It'd be like blaming Republicans for the mess that is Obamacare.
    I'm a sad little man

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Wall St is hardly a den of Republicans if that is what you are saying. Look at who they are supporting with their dollars. Also, I believe there was a democrat controlled congress in the 2000's that was pushing for first time home buyers down the country's throat. I could be wrong but that's what I recall...
    Well meaning, elderly man with a poor memory...pause