TSPBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post "Creamer" as filler in protein products

I remember a few years ago the whole amino spiking controversy hit and like many it really shock my trust in any kind of bodybuilding product or supplementation.

Lately I was watching a video by a company I think "Nutrabolics" or something along those lines as the owner and his product had been attacked by dr. jim stoppani. He replied with a very good and articulate response although I am not knowledgeable enough to know if the information he was presenting was correct or just very well presented.

In it the subject of "fillers" and "creamer" came up.

I was wondering if any of us newbies need to be educated about other potential things like this to look out for.

After reading some of the posts I know about which amino acids to look for and other tell-tale signs of amino spiking may be taking place and about trusted products. Yet from my understanding Jim Stoppani's products are highly regarded and if he is doing a bit of "shady" practices I can imagine much else is happening else were.

Is there other little secrets of the industry that could be exposed to the light that maybe could lead momentum in being changed just like the protein spiking issue?

Thanks! It will be good to become aware of how to be a responsible shopper.

(This does not just need to be about protein although I can imagine for many this is the most common supplement we look into) Can be about anything. Maybe a good sticky to have?
    The Smiling Pilgrim

Theology & Volunteering Blog

https://thesmilingpilgrim.wordpress.com/

Simple guy getting back into fitness!

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's a detailed long article for you on amino spiking and spotting it.....

https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-s...o-acid-spiking
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

TSPBlog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks Misctake7, I have read quite a few of those type of summaries. I was meaning other issues in the industry past amino spiking in which at this point I think there is a lot of information about and since the exposure and publicity that aspect of the market seems to have been corrected quite well with some offenders being ostracized.
    The Smiling Pilgrim

Theology & Volunteering Blog

https://thesmilingpilgrim.wordpress.com/

Simple guy getting back into fitness!

screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) screamingjesus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a lot of things are there for flavour and to enhance the consistency.
    I could be wrong but I think creamer is there to help the powder to dissolve.

What other kinds of filler are being used? If it's not amino spiking, then presumably the amino profile is good. So it's hard to see how else you could scam a whey powder.
    Levicticus 27-3: set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels of silver, for a female, set her value at thirty shekels

PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    Here's a detailed long article for you on amino spiking and spotting it.....

https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-s...o-acid-spiking
    Thanks for the share.

OP - the video was by Mark Glazier of NutraBio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11M_aQvOuX4
    Founder of PricePlow - Bodybuilding.com Affiliate
    - We are not owned by any supplement manufacturer
    -- Any opinion stated about any product / brand is my own