pretta123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Posture problems and training

Hello,

i have some problems with my posture.

I almost always have pain in my right neck/ and sometimes down the right trap and i know it has something to do with my rolled over right shoulder. After some research i found out that it is probably 'cause my pec minor is tight.

and if i ask my brother he says that my left shoulder is higher than my right, so thats posture problem #2. Im pretty sure i dont have scoliosis. its just that it feels like my right neck-muscle never gets to rest. Its always tense.

Its strange because my right delt, back, chest is bigger on my right side. I think it is strange because i have all my problems in the right side of the body(pain).

So my questions are:

Do i have to "loose" muscle in my chest to get my right shoulder in the correct position?( i have done stretches and it only seems to get worse).

i have a hard time getting a pump in my left shoulder/rear shoulder/back but with my right side it is very easy to get a pump. Why?

And ofcourse when doing chest presses my right shoulder is forward-rotated so a chest workout is not the easiest. any tips?

Have someone else had the same problem before? and what did you do to correct it?

----------------------------

Im not a beginner i have worked out for maybe 6 years now and these problems like (cant get a good pump in my left side) has come up in the latest year.

thanks

NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000) NP603 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pretta123 View Post
    Hello,

i have some problems with my posture.

I almost always have pain in my right neck/ and sometimes down the right trap and i know it has something to do with my rolled over right shoulder. After some research i found out that it is probably 'cause my pec minor is tight.

and if i ask my brother he says that my left shoulder is higher than my right, so thats posture problem #2. Im pretty sure i dont have scoliosis. its just that it feels like my right neck-muscle never gets to rest. Its always tense.

Its strange because my right delt, back, chest is bigger on my right side. I think it is strange because i have all my problems in the right side of the body(pain).

So my questions are:

Do i have to "loose" muscle in my chest to get my right shoulder in the correct position?( i have done stretches and it only seems to get worse).

i have a hard time getting a pump in my left shoulder/rear shoulder/back but with my right side it is very easy to get a pump. Why?

And ofcourse when doing chest presses my right shoulder is forward-rotated so a chest workout is not the easiest. any tips?

Have someone else had the same problem before? and what did you do to correct it?

----------------------------

Im not a beginner i have worked out for maybe 6 years now and these problems like (cant get a good pump in my left side) has come up in the latest year.

thanks
    Go see a Physical Therapist. That is your best bet. They will set you up with exercises to do and give you bands to do stretches etc. You should correct this otherwise all your lifts will suffer.

If you don't want to do this go on youtube and look up rolled shoulder stretches etc.