melissamay53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Keto Help... I'm not losing weight.

I've done a low fat diet for some time and had great success with it. Losing about 3lbs a week when eating about 1200 calories. That was with little to no exercise (like maybe walking for 2 miles 2x a week). I total lost 25lbs and was down to 130lbs. Then I stopped dieting and got married and put weight back on. Wanted to try something new so we are doing Keto. In the first week I put on 3lbs. Then in the second week I lost 3lbs. I have lost 1lbs in the following 2 weeks. So I am down really only 1lb in about 33 days.

I think this is absurd. Had I gone back to low fat I would be down at least 12 lbs. I am SO frustrated because now getting off of keto sounds like hell.

In order to give Keto a continuing shot I am asking you what I am doing wrong. If I am doing something wrong and can fix it and begin losing weight then I would rather do that then get off Keto and be heavier that I was before I decided to start dieting. I have a feeling I am not doing anything wrong because the foods I am eating is comparable to my husband who is down 17lbs

I am female, 23, 156lbs, 5' 4" and have am at about 23-25% body fat. My maintenance calorie level is 1600 calories.

Foods: 18g Net carbs, 87g protein and 77g fat. This is a 30% deficit and about 1150 calories.

A typical meal:

Breakfast:
    Whipping cream in coffee, 4 bacon 2 eggs
    or
    Keto pancakes (egg and cream cheese) with peanut butter or cool whip

lunch:
    2 string cheese and a serving of almonds
    or
    leftover dinner from night before

Dinner:
    Ground beef taco on a high fiber whole wheat wrap with lettuce, cheese and sometimes avocado.
    or
    Keto chicken thighs (breaded with pork rinds and spices)
    or
    steak

Other things we snack/eat:

macadamia nuts or peanut butter when I need fat
    Chicken or beef when I am low on protein

I have never exceeded 23 net carbs. I have Keto sticks and check 2 times a week. I have never left Keto. I am drinking about 64 oz of water a day and exercising twice a week (walking/jogging for 45mins- 1hour).

Please help me if you see that I am doing something wrong! I know I shouldn't expect to lose anywhere near my husband because he is a guy, but this isn't right. Plus when the two of us did low fat, my weight loss was only about 20% less than his. If he lost 5lbs I lost 4... etc.

Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vamlor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by melissamay53 View Post
    I've done a low fat diet for some time and had great success with it. Losing about 3lbs a week when eating about 1200 calories. That was with little to no exercise (like maybe walking for 2 miles 2x a week). I total lost 25lbs and was down to 130lbs. Then I stopped dieting and got married and put weight back on. Wanted to try something new so we are doing Keto. In the first week I put on 3lbs. Then in the second week I lost 3lbs. I have lost 1lbs in the following 2 weeks. So I am down really only 1lb in about 33 days.

I think this is absurd. Had I gone back to low fat I would be down at least 12 lbs. I am SO frustrated because now getting off of keto sounds like hell.

In order to give Keto a continuing shot I am asking you what I am doing wrong. If I am doing something wrong and can fix it and begin losing weight then I would rather do that then get off Keto and be heavier that I was before I decided to start dieting. I have a feeling I am not doing anything wrong because the foods I am eating is comparable to my husband who is down 17lbs

I am female, 23, 156lbs, 5' 4" and have am at about 23-25% body fat. My maintenance calorie level is 1600 calories.

Foods: 18g Net carbs, 87g protein and 77g fat. This is a 30% deficit and about 1150 calories.

A typical meal:

Breakfast:
    Whipping cream in coffee, 4 bacon 2 eggs
    or
    Keto pancakes (egg and cream cheese) with peanut butter or cool whip

lunch:
    2 string cheese and a serving of almonds
    or
    leftover dinner from night before

Dinner:
    Ground beef taco on a high fiber whole wheat wrap with lettuce, cheese and sometimes avocado.
    or
    Keto chicken thighs (breaded with pork rinds and spices)
    or
    steak

Other things we snack/eat:

macadamia nuts or peanut butter when I need fat
    Chicken or beef when I am low on protein

I have never exceeded 23 net carbs. I have Keto sticks and check 2 times a week. I have never left Keto. I am drinking about 64 oz of water a day and exercising twice a week (walking/jogging for 45mins- 1hour).

Please help me if you see that I am doing something wrong! I know I shouldn't expect to lose anywhere near my husband because he is a guy, but this isn't right. Plus when the two of us did low fat, my weight loss was only about 20% less than his. If he lost 5lbs I lost 4... etc.
    Assuming you're not underestimating portions (which can actually be pretty easy to do on keto), at those calories, you should be decreasing fat regardless of whether you're in a ketogenic state or not. There's a number of reasons why the scale might not be going down, but how do you look in the mirror? Are you seeing any improvements? Most people have a pretty significant increase in sodium when they switch over to keto so water retention could be a problem; the initial up and down swing suggests this might be the case. Also constipation can be a problem for many in the beginning and this can have a much greater impact on how much weight you're holding than most people realize.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1 pound in 33 days tends to indicate a failure to maintain a your 600+ calorie a day deficit target. Are you using a food scale to assure proper portions? Try weighing everything you eat, measuring all liquids carefully for a month, and logging all food on a website like chron-o-meter.

12 pounds on a regular diet? So you think you can lose 4 pounds a week? That is unlikely. Although it's the calorie deficit, or lack there of, that drives fat loss. Getting off a keto diet isn't hell, most people just start eating carbs again.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50) rusrious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Food plan looks good.

1 main key i would do, is add coconut oil to the coffee instead of the cream,

also, you need to work out more. EVERYDAY, 2 times a day if you can.

Focus on the big muscles, like the legs. Those are calories eaters, and in this case, fat eating machines, so you must use them to burn the stored fat.

Do as much as you can when you wake up in the morning. do not eat ANYTHING before.

Your prime storage will be releasing huge amounts of fat at this time.

So you want to really dig into it in the morning apin waking up. No coffee, no fat, no nothing, maybe some water, COLD, to get blood flowing and chill the body off early.

Use steps as ofton as you can.. If you have steps in your home, walk up them, and reduce a step on each trip. Since your already in fat burning mode, there is no need for the 18 minutes fat storage time lapse to start digging into your fat stores, the doors are already open.

Also, there is no need to keep your fat intake always full..

Skip 2 days each week of As little fat intake as possible. You want the body to think its running low on fat, so it will continue to dip into the fat stores, because as long as your not eating carbs,your body will forget alllll about that energy sourse, and start eating the fat instantly.

Remember, no sugar,,

If your running low on energy, have a 2tbs of coconut oil, or Olive oil. Eating whole food when your already tired, will make you even more tired, because your body uses energy to breakdown the food. So, being a liquid energy shot, its fast thru and used.

Everyone has different opinions on things, but you should be losing more then you are. These things will supercharge your fat loss.

Do the steps 2 times a day, 3 even, if you can. In a week, add in pushups or wall pushoffs between flights of steps. Mix it up, but have fun with it. Make it a challenge, even tho it seems no that bad, it will eat you up, lol..

steps are the key to fat loss on keto.

Coconut oil around midsection and on thighs. If you can go to walmart or somewhere, and get the midsection elastic belt, used for wight loss, but the main function isnt that, its to keep your fat from flopping, and stretching under gravity. So the belt will keep things sturdy and start the healing process.

just find a way to make it fun, but you need to do more activity, so keep that in mind.

Something else i want to add. Adding a tbs of vinegar and lemon juice at night, will also help with lactic acid burn from keto. ( When it feels like your legs are going to burn off is a build up of acid in your muscles)

great luck to ya.