fendertele84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

this problem is demotivating me...

If i work out i look fat for days afterwards..... I think its massive amounts of water retention.

I have tried and tested it countless times and it is infact working out that is the cause, basically if i workout lifting to my maximum and eating well.... i get fatter looking with each day i continue.

If i stop working out for for a week or more and eat absolute junk food i start to slim down again and look less bloated..

I have no doubt it's water retention as i can see my belly and face slim down within a week of discontinuing lifting/exercise. and to lose that amount of weight in a few days it can't be anything else.

I am now a week free of lifting and still have my gains and look better for it and i know if i begin to workout starting monday within a few days i will look fat/retaining water within two/three sessions.

I have issues with my prolactin and cortisol levels being high naturally so i think any form of intense exercise sends both of them through the roof.

anyone in the same boat able to control workout water retention ?

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fendertele84 View Post
    I have issues with my prolactin and cortisol levels being high naturally so i think any form of intense exercise sends both of them through the roof.
    Why not discuss this with your Doc? We're gym rats here.

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Why not discuss this with your Doc? We're gym rats here.
    Docs are uninterested in my gainz lol.... they tell me to not work out and suggest yoga as an alternative that isn't too taxing on my central nervous system etc....

so was just hoping someone on here had some knowledge of water retention and things to do/take to prevent it.... even some cortisol controller post workout.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fendertele84 View Post
    Docs are uninterested in my gainz lol.... they tell me to not work out and suggest yoga as an alternative that isn't too taxing on my central nervous system etc....

so was just hoping someone on here had some knowledge of water retention and things to do/take to prevent it.... even some cortisol controller post workout.
    Most bbers I know (myself included), control water retention
    with sodium control and to a lesser degree by carb manipulation.

No bs answer: Cut the salt and get back in the gym.

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Most bbers I know (myself included), control water retention
    with sodium control and to a lesser degree by carb manipulation.

No bs answer: Cut the salt and get back in the gym.
    lol i've been told to increase my salt as with high cortisol causes low sodium issues.... fcuk it ill just look muscley and fat for now

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you taking anything different on the days you workout vs the days you do not workout? Supplements, PWO, that kind of thing.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Usually takes me about a week for anything to show up. Fo example, if i drink all weekend and eat a bunch of crap, i will look fine all week, until the next weekend, then I will notice the damage i have done.

It would be an easy conclusion to think that my week of working out cause this but its simply not true. It just takes the body some time to catch up with what we have done to it.

So if you gorge yourself on junk food, you will notice the poor results about a week later.

So its not the working out, its the junk food eating thats causing this.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda