marios1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Feeling defeated and lost.

40 years of age and iam 6ft2 230lbs. Dont have a clue on what to do first as for training goes i know that iam fat and have chicken legs with a big upper body should I cut or lean bulk?

How do i post pics?

BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000) BillPhoto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by marios1 View Post
    40 years of age and iam 6ft2 230lbs. Dont have a clue on what to do first as for training goes i know that iam fat and have chicken legs with a big upper body should I cut or lean bulk?
    Go to a gym, get yourself a personal trainer who can give you a meal plan and an exercise routine and set yourself a goal.

I'm 44 and was overweight, lazy and time poor .... I didn't have a clue where or how to start. The gym near my house had a special introductory offer of $100 for the first month which included access to the gym and all the classes they hold, plus 8 sessions with a Personal Trainer who set me on the path that I'm still on now. I'm currently down to 18% body fat and almost weekly I need to drill new holes in my belts!!

Do some research and ring around asking what your local gym can offer. Best decision I've ever made.
    Cheers,
    Bill K

PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PiperBill is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP In your position I don't think you have to do a lot of overthinking, planning or research. Just get started on something in the gym and take it from there as far as getting on a program goes. Think long term (like 6 - 12 months) and not quick fixes as they just don't work in the long run. Look at your diet and make some changes.

Keep it simple to start with. Eat less. Move more. You will see and feel a positive change.

Go for it! :-)

TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hit this sticky thread the nutrition thread there will set you on the right path.

Fierce 5 is a great routine that lots of guys here recommend.

Thanks guys for the positive feedback!

mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mejulian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I might know how you feel. I was feeling that way summer last year. I don't even have a big upper body to start with. I started working with a trainer and he helped me understanding nutrition, set me up with a workout (a little bit complicated, maybe), but most important knowing I had to see him every week gave me accountability. All the info you need is here, but some of us need an extra push.

After a year of consistent work, of course with some ups and downs, I felt I had made a true lifestyle change and now I'm on my own and still going strong. I have miles to go strength-wise and I know it'll take a long time, but it doesn't matter. The path is fun by itself.

Dont give up, man. Keep going at it.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what do you want to do?

some people want to run laps, others swim. some people want to get bigger, some smaller.

Pick a goal and then it will be easier for you.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) zncable83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Weight training I think everyone would agree with telling you to stick with the beginner exercises. Squat, deadlift, pull up or lat pulldown, bench press, rows, shoulder press.

Nutrition there are so many different options depending on what you're really trying to do. Eating clean is the best start to that no matter what your end goal is.

Just don't get discouraged. Keep your head up and one foot in front of the other and you can't go wrong. Gotta start somewhere.

cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cryoung is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by marios1 View Post
    check the link in my sig....I too was "fat" and it just took dedication and time....

Look at the other over 40 transformations and it should, at the very least, inspire you to make a plan.
    The pain is short term. The benefits are long term.

Over 40 Transformation of the week:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-chuck-young-staged-a-comeback-at-49.html

damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) damacl6 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Fierce 5! I'm a beginning weight lifter at 48, 6'1" 240 lbs. I did a lot of research and settled on Fierce 5. I'm really enjoying it. I'm eating at a 20% calorie deficit (I highly recommend Emma-Leigh's sticky in the nutrition forum "Calculating Calories and Macronutrients." Between the calorie deficit and following the Fierce 5 program I am losing 1-2 pounds a week. At the same times my lifts are all going up each week. So its definitely working for me.