cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Setting up a home gym in limited space.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to set up a small home gym. For the moment, I've been working out with a pair of old-style adjustable-weight dumb bells plus calisnthenics and bodylastic bands, but the weight plates et al are starting to become cumbersome and while I love floor presses, after a while you do start to miss the bench, especially the ability to add inclines and declines!

For the moment, I'm thinking about Ironmaster or Powerblocks. I've read a lot of forum posts about the differences between the two dumbbells and tried out powerblock. They do feel weird to hold but I guess I can get used to the feel after a while (there was a time when I used to work out with 4 pails of water and a wooden rod - if you can get used to that, anything goes!!! ) My question, however, has more to do with the accessories instead of the dumbbells themselves. For the moment, I'm leaning towards Powerblocks because they fit in easier in my cupboard. However:

1. Is the barbell option viable with powerblocks? I'm thinking about the U90 set, which has this option, but would like to have a link to a review/opinions about their barbell option.
    2. Is the kettlebell option viable with powerblocks?
    3. What about the bench? Or is the Ironmaster bench better?

I would love any feedback I can get.

Regards,

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cellinis View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm looking to set up a small home gym. For the moment, I've been working out with a pair of old-style adjustable-weight dumb bells plus calisnthenics and bodylastic bands, but the weight plates et al are starting to become cumbersome and while I love floor presses, after a while you do start to miss the bench, especially the ability to add inclines and declines!

For the moment, I'm thinking about Ironmaster or Powerblocks. I've read a lot of forum posts about the differences between the two dumbbells and tried out powerblock. They do feel weird to hold but I guess I can get used to the feel after a while (there was a time when I used to work out with 4 pails of water and a wooden rod - if you can get used to that, anything goes!!! ) My question, however, has more to do with the accessories instead of the dumbbells themselves. For the moment, I'm leaning towards Powerblocks because they fit in easier in my cupboard. However:

1. Is the barbell option viable with powerblocks? I'm thinking about the U90 set, which has this option, but would like to have a link to a review/opinions about their barbell option.

Regards,
    Ironmaster is easily the better choice....also it's about $130 more. I would not recommend getting the adjustable powerblock barbell, just get a regular barbell and weights, the powerblock kettlebell attachment I have not messed with enough to give a good recommendation on it, but the ironmaster kettlebell attachment is awesome. I would recommend just getting regular iron kettlebells of increments 20-40lbs.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    how large is your space?

take it from someone who owned them: do NOT buy the powerblock barbells.

my u90 set came with both barbells and they were terrible.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10) cellinis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    how large is your space?

take it from someone who owned them: do NOT buy the powerblock barbells.

my u90 set came with both barbells and they were terrible.
    The workout space (after moving furniture a bit) comes to roughly 40 square yards. To stash, I have a cupboard that's roughly 1 square yard - it does involve a lot of bending down though!, or the alternative of the balcony (I'll just need to make a small shelter to keep the weights from rain). PS: Thanks a ton for your feedback about the barbell option!

Originally Posted by SomeIronBoy
    Ironmaster is easily the better choice....also it's about $130 more. I would not recommend getting the adjustable powerblock barbell, just get a regular barbell and weights, the powerblock kettlebell attachment I have not messed with enough to give a good recommendation on it, but the ironmaster kettlebell attachment is awesome. I would recommend just getting regular iron kettlebells of increments 20-40lbs.
    The issue with having multiple kettlebells boils down to space, hence my search for adjustable solutions. Regular barbell/Weights remain a solution, of course. My interest in Pφwerblock/Ironmaster had more to do with their perceived (by me) ability to maximize the available storage space.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    is your space shared (is that why you're storing everything in a cupboard?)

bottom line is i think space is an important requirement to a home gym, but that's personal opinion; i've seen at least a few really small gyms here. if you're comfortable with it, then that's fine, but honestly if you don't have enough space to do the traditional rack/barbell/bench setup, then don't be afraid to think outside of the box.

a trap bar with some plates is an option for squats without a rack. you could get a prowler sled in your garage and use it out doors. a pull up bar and some olympic rings or suspension training straps gives you more versatility, etc...

you just have to ask yourself what kind of training do you enjoy, what are your goals, and is your home a good option for accomplishing them.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rlefebvr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The powerblock dumbbells are amazing and well worth it. Make sure you get the urethane set. I don't know anything about ironmaster.

I also have the powerblock curlbar and barbell. The curl bar is ok. It's a curlbar, but I agree with Domicron for the barbell. If I could start over I never would have gotten it.

One it's not a great barbell, but more important it is very small and does not fit any rack, stand, legs, whatever on the market.

I see Ironmaster has a straight bar. I would be very interested in peoples opinion on that one.

Ron

Oh yeah, the the the powerblock bench is very ordinary. You can do much better for the same price

wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did a review of the ironmasters:

http://www.peckmeout.com/6-month-rev...ble-dumbbells/

In summary, the build quality is absolutely brilliant. When locked up they genuinely feel like a regular fixed dumbbell which was the deciding factor for me.

The negative - power blocks are quicker to change weights. This is important if you do dropsets or minimal rest. For me I prefer longer rest periods anyway (strength focused)

Don't underestimate how handy it is having the stand either. If you go powerblock then I'd suggest budgeting to add the stand too.
    My Strength Training Blog: http://www.peckmeout.com/

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi guys,

Regards,
    What is the amount of space you have for a home gym? What is your budget? What are your goals? Negative points for "toned" or "I don't want to get bulky."

The workout space (after moving furniture a bit) comes to roughly 40 square yards. To stash, I have a cupboard that's roughly 1 square yard - it does involve a lot of bending down though!, or the alternative of the balcony (I'll just need to make a small shelter to keep the weights from rain). PS: Thanks a ton for your feedback about the barbell option!
    40 square yards is 360 square feet. I have about 380 sq. ft. in my gym, with room for a lot of equipment. Why are you storing things in a cabinet? Is your space dual use? What is the other use and have you consider not using your gym for anything else? Have you considered a half rack, or a rack that folds up into the wall when not in use? Rogue makes one, I believe.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post

40 square yards is 360 square feet. I have about 380 sq. ft. in my gym, with room for a lot of equipment. Why are you storing things in a cabinet? Is your space dual use? What is the other use and have you consider not using your gym for anything else? Have you considered a half rack, or a rack that folds up into the wall when not in use? Rogue makes one, I believe.
    THIS - back up the decision making and fill us in please. You may have a lot more options than you think.

Powerblock is great - a few sets and I got used to the handles after 25 years in gyms with regular dumbbells. Ironmaster is great - per everyone. Ironmaster bench is better than Powerblock bench - per everyone.
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Mech6 Crew #26 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #83 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000) turbolsxstang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    THIS - back up the decision making and fill us in please. You may have a lot more options than you think.

Powerblock is great - a few sets and I got used to the handles after 25 years in gyms with regular dumbbells. Ironmaster is great - per everyone. Ironmaster bench is better than Powerblock bench - per everyone.
    This and like others said above, what is your reason for needing to store everything in a cabinet? My gym is only about 120 sq ft and can hold a few large pieces of equipment and you have roughly 3x's the space I do.

My apologies! I guess I should have started with giving more information.

I live in an apartment in central Paris. The "gym" is essentially my living room. The workout space is what I have after I've moved furniture before working out. But after that, I do have to stash up the stuff (married, wife, guests, whole nine yards!).

Going to a real gym is currently not an option. I have two in the vicinity. Both have more fancy machines than an automobile factory and very limited space for free weights. That limited space is typically overloaded during my workout hours.

My goals - dare I commit blasphemy and say general fitness? I'm coming off a decade long lay-off and slowly building myself back up (for roughly a year, with weight training the past four months). My general schedule looks like (per week):

Mornings: Sprint training, 1X, Agility and Speed drills with pylometrics 2X, Jog 1X, Yoga 3X
    Evenings: Weights 3X, Mobility and Flexibility drills 3X (mostly dynamic drills followed by 15m stretching sessions)

Weight Training:

Twice a week of:
    1. Squats
    2. Goblet Squats
    3. Stiff-legged deadlifts
    4. Shoulder Press
    5. Floor Chest Press
    6. Pull-ups or Rows (alternating)
    7. Turkish Get-ups or Thrusters (alternating)

Rep range for the first six is 5-9 (when I can do nine reps, I increase the weight)
    Rep range for the last exercise is usually 12-15

I generally alternate: 2 times dumb-bells, 1 time bodylastics (with a higher rep range of 12-14)

The third day is for power moves (usually 1-Arm)

1. Snatch
    2. Clean & Press
    3. Push-Press
    4. Power Rows
    5. Dumbbell swings

(6-10 rep range for the moment)

I do have experience - I used to workout a lot until my mid-twenties. The schedule I'm following is the one I used when I first started training when I was 18. I've simply changed it to dumbbells instead of barbells for the moment.

Not having a rack certainly limits my squat progression. But for the moment, at least until I can afford a bigger place with dedicated gym space, I don't have that option.

My current equipment boils down to:

1. 2 Olympic dumbbell bars
    2. 4X 10K, 8x5K and an assortment of 2 & 1K plates (weight in Kilos, I think 10K is roughly 22 lbs?)
    3. A set of bodylastics
    4. Pull-up bar

I have a limited budget: 1500 Euros in a pinch. For the forseeable future, my aim remains to work on those basic presses/squats/pulls, prioritizing strength as much as I can without complete equipment/spotter.

PS: I generally go for 4 weeks on, 1 week active recovery (again, yoga based with morning runs). Typical workout sessions (outside warm-up, cool-down) last 30-35 minutes with 4 sets per exercise.
    Last edited by cellinis; 10-17-2016 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Forgot the 10K plates

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My new space is 250 sq feet. And much of the walls is taken up by 4 doors (including a six foot glass sliding door) and an old fireplace I cannot remove. And I have a six post rack, bench, ghd, lay pull down, 10 x 4 lifting platform area, large weight tree, cheap 45 extension and two shelving units. And I had all this minus the platform in my last gym which was 160 sq foot garage.

I think you have the space. Unless you share. But who likes sharing really?

Edit: well if it's a common area that's far more difficult. I did that as well in my time in Vancouver but I used the least frequented room to save some hassle.
    β–ͺ[[────]]β–ͺ York Barbell Club #65 β–ͺ[[────]]β–ͺ
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    β–ͺ[M]====[6]β–ͺ Mech6 Crew #3 β–ͺ[M]===[6]β–ͺ
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #74 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

Sig line is not a novel.

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My apologies! I guess I should have started with giving more information.
    Strong post! Reps to you, brother! Seriously. Well thought out.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll put this out with the caveat that I don't do much/anything with kettlebells but I've found in the past that using Powerblocks and holding the outside posts worked for kettlebell swings. May not be exact but it worked for me.

Just one consideration to the many that you have to think about.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #77 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    Strong post! Reps to you, brother! Seriously. Well thought out.
    Agreed. You are doing well within current constraints and general fitness after a long layoff is a fine goal as all faculties will improve quick enough and better condition you.

Nice.
    β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Mech6 Crew #26 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ Equipment Crew #83 β–ͺβ–ˆβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–ˆβ–ͺ

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In an ideal world, you would create an area for a rack, bench etc, however your circumstances would suggest that any workout equipment needs to be both compact and portable. The Ironmaster and Powerblock adjustable dumbbells are readily available in Europe, I don't own either brand, but personally prefer the Ironmaster's, paired with a decent adjustable bench, Iv'e used and really like
    the Barbarian Line adjustable bench, it's not too large, I believe it has a maximum weight rating of 400kg and is well engineered, plus it's readily available in Europe. Such a combination could add a lot of variety to your workouts. Should you decide to add a rack in the future, you'll already have a quality bench that's equally well suited for use within a rack or with dumbbells.
    Of course if you have the space and could persuade your wife to dedicate an area for a rack, my recommendation would be to take this route.
    Anyway, good luck and keep lifting.
    Last edited by gym62richard; 10-17-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Another vote for Ironmaster dumbbells. Maybe look towards a bench like the Hoist 4145 so you can hide it away easily as well. Worked well for my living room home gym a few years back! (and it's still my dumbbell bench, now in my dedicated home gym)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The workout space (after moving furniture a bit) comes to roughly 40 square yards
    WTF? That's plenty of space to have kettlebells. a rack and more equipment then you think.

A small update (in case it helps someone in my situation - but mostly to thank you guys for your advice!). In the end, after weighing pros and cons of everything, I decided to use the balcony to stash my weights, and decided to buy another pair of dumbbell handles (to decrease the time I spend in changing weights) and a barbell with 15K and 20K plates (20K=44lbs?). I'm looking into adding a bench as well. Still a tad worried about squat progression as currently I'm limited to the weight I can clean and press, but the barbell gives me a great option for doing hack-squats and, once I've gotten the bench, I'll probably try and find a portable solution that I can put outside after use, even if it is unlikely to be the perfect solution.

Once again, thanks a ton for your help!