JayBee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much protein per meal is used to rebuild muscle?

Hi all, first post here.

There seems to be a lot of confusion about how much protein to eat in one sitting, and about how often to ingest.

Many sources claim 30g, with any excess becoming calories, but in order to eat 400g of protein, which is considered necessary for significant size, you would have to eat 13 times a day...with a 2.5 hour gap between meals, you wouldn't do a lot of sleeping!

Anyone here over 220Ibs and eating more than 30g per session?

Thanks,

JayBee.

Stevie B has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    30g is a myth. How can one figure be right for everyone, it depends what you've eaten already that day, your metabolism, energy requirements, type of protein etc. etc.

You can't really believe that a 80yr old woman can absorb the same amount of protein as a 350lb wrestler

Your 'sources' have no science behind them only pseudo science, like high reps for tone, crunches for a flat stomach etc.

Originally posted by Stevie B
    30g is a myth. How can one figure be right for everyone, it depends what you've eaten already that day, your metabolism, energy requirements, type of protein etc. etc.

You can't really believe that a 80yr old woman can absorb the same amount of protein as a 350lb wrestler

Your 'sources' have no science behind them only pseudo science, like high reps for tone, crunches for a flat stomach etc.
    But if it were a simple matter of ingestion, we'd have guys training heavy in the gym eating 100g+ per meal, and going from 200Ibs to 350Ibs in a few months. Nothing worth having in life is so straightforward.

I train hard and heavy, but I'm reluctant to push my intake per session past 30g for fear that the excess will simply turn into fat. I KNOW I have to increase, but what to?

50G? 70G? What do YOU take in per meal?

JayBee.

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The protein will not turn into fat. Excess calories turn into fat, first carbs,then fat then, protein(though it is unlikely)

Originally posted by TarvMan
    The protein will not turn into fat. Excess calories turn into fat, first carbs,then fat then, protein(though it is unlikely)
    Fine, but how much protein per meal is used to rebuild muscle?

JayBee.

bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bkman4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It depends. As long as your meals don't regularly go over 100g, you should be fine.
    Hit the Wall, Tear it Down!! - Wildman

foles32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i eat atleast 50 grams per session iam 6'5 215 and trying to add weight so i hear were u are coming from

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by JayBee

JayBee.
    How many pubes did you have when you were 12? It depends on gentics.

Do your job at the gym as a human crane. Then do your job and eat. Milk, eggs, tuna, protein powders, beef, chicken, whatever. Expirement.

Location: A place where chimes are ringing... A place with a chill where souls are singing.
    opela77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take in 43 grams for every protein shake, and around 30 for my meals. Dont know if this helps...
    I am invisible just like you
    Just a reflection of what I consume
    Now I myself will be consumed
    Consumed for the sake of you
    ***Project 86***

Originally posted by JayBee

There is no answer to that, it depends how much is needed, how much is left over after the more important needs of the body are taken care of.

Your obsessed with specific numbers and not gaining fat - with that attitude you'll never grow.

You can't put exact figures on every aspect it doesn't work that way, everyone is different you'll have to experiment with different protein intakes.

Originally posted by foles32
    i eat atleast 50 grams per session iam 6'5 215 and trying to add weight so i hear were u are coming from
    Thanks for giving me a serious numerical answer, I'll kick it up to 50g and see how I progress.

BTW, I'm 5'11", 240Ibs and already have a BF easily into double figures...we both have good reason to worry about protein intake, although they are both entirely different ones!

JayBee.

you are overyl concerned iwth protein - if you want to lost weight its overall calories that count not the exact g of protein you take in.