Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    javelin22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it didn't get complicated until i started gaining weight. Im telling you guys, prior to march i was between 155-163 for like 5 years, nothing changed until march when there was weight gain. Once i noticed i was gaining and not just fluctuating i changed my diet and exercise.

if it was as easy as everyone says it is don't y'all think i wouldn't have posted this. i just feel stupid now. I was hoping for some advice on something that i may not have tried, not a lecture on common sense on how to lose weight. i swear I'm not a dumbass lol.

1/2 cup of oatmeal + 1 serving of protein

2tbsp flax meal + 1/2 cup of berries and 1/2 serving protein

1 chicken breast + 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa + unlimited spinach or broccoli

1/2 cup ground turkey + homemade pico + bell pepper + 1/4 cup black beans

1 chicken breast + unlimited spinach or broccoli

protein shake

anonymous
    well everybody here is in agreement so either your situation is incredibly new and rare or...

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by javelin22 View Post

protein shake
    The food items you eat are sort of meaningless, because what if that shake has 4 scoops of whey totaling 400 cals + milk each? Does that make sense.

Its always about cals in vs cals out, always. No organism will not lose weight, otherwise you wouldnt starve to death. Have you tried eating ZERO calories?
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

shake is plant based: 1 serving is 150 cal 22 g protein 5 grams carbs and 3 grams of fat

and yes I've tried 0 lol

ill let y'all know what happens with all this

MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MuzzieChik786 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    shake is plant based: 1 serving is 150 cal 22 g protein 5 grams carbs and 3 grams of fat

and yes I've tried 0 lol

ill let y'all know what happens with all this
    Something is very off with your posts. Can't put my finger on it...
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
    Thus unlamented let me die;
    Steal from the world, and not a stone
    Tell where I lie.

2/17/15 - Dunk Tank Results: 15% bf (Omron said 18.6%) - 123.4 lbs LBM

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    still waiting for height....
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)

protein shake
    None of these are precise measurements. Stop measuring by volume - measure by weight. How do you know your "serving" of protein is accurate? If you're doing a scoop and considering that a serving, you might do well to try weighing one of those scoops. You might be surprised that it's more than you realize.

1 chicken breast. That's meaningless. 4 oz? 6 oz? 8 oz? You mention chicken, spinach and broccoli. How do you prepare them? Do you use oil? Seasoning? Marinade/sauce?

1/2 cup ground turkey? You stuff your turkey into a measuring cup, or are you estimating? Either way, I've never heard of meat being measured by volume. Weigh it.

Is your shake mixed with water?

Where are your drinks? All water? No coffee, soda, juice, etc?

Do you use butter, ketchup, etc.?

Even assuming this log accurately represents all the items you ate, you're making the classic mistake of measuring by volume instead of by weight. NEVER measure by volume if measuring by weight is an option.
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mavajo View Post
    Even assuming this log accurately represents all the items you ate, you're making the classic mistake of measuring by volume instead of by weight. NEVER measure by volume if measuring by weight is an option.
    i used fist sized measurements that worked in the past. Fist sized chicken breast, fist sized peanut butter, and fist sized chocolate.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im a personal trainer with numerous certs, a BS in Knes, working on my masters in Knes and i can't lose weight. In March I started to rapidly gain weight and by the end of May I had gained 20 Lbs and by july a total of 30 lbs.

My blood work came back normal on EVERYTHING, i stopped birth control (no changes since), i carb cycle, i do fasted cardio, i lift, i get good sleep, i drink a lot of water and not one pound of weightloss in 6 months.

HELP!
    are you counting calories ?

are you sticking to the same foods that work for you and not trying new foods?

are you training with weights once a week putting some kind of effort into training?

are you getting say 1 lb of protein per pound of bodyweight?
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MilkyQuaver has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sunday tuesday and thursday are low days: 1,554 cal 60gF 100gC 155gP
    monday and friday are moderate days: 2035 cal 90gF 152g C 155gP
    wednesday and saturdya are high days: 2400 cal 40g F 300gC 155gP

my low days are fasted HIIT and one hour of cardio later
    my moderate days are a regular lifting workout
    my high days are fasted HIIT, regular lifting and 30 min of cardio

i am 23, 5'8" and now weigh 188/189
    2400 cals thats not cutting...

You are averaging more calories than me when im cutting... maybe thats something to think about

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    If you're not losing weight, you're not in a calorie deficit. Why is that so difficult for some people to understand?

Quit relying on gimmicks, "diets," "fasting" plans, wild swings in calorie intake, or what some hippie "dr" tells you to do. Start eating at a consistent deficit, as shown by the use of a food scale, and adjust your calorie intake so that you begin to see about a 1-pound drop in your body weight each and every week. Re-evaluate where you're at, as opposed to where you want to be, every 3-4 weeks of consistency, and adjust your calories accordingly.
    Because its more or less rocket science this losing weight business.

it didn't get complicated until i started gaining weight. Im telling you guys, prior to march i was between 155-163 for like 5 years, nothing changed until march when there was weight gain. Once i noticed i was gaining and not just fluctuating i changed my diet and exercise.

if it was as easy as everyone says it is don't y'all think i wouldn't have posted this. i just feel stupid now. I was hoping for some advice on something that i may not have tried, not a lecture on common sense on how to lose weight. i swear I'm not a dumbass lol.
    Yeah but it is that easy, look how many people on this forum follow cals in v cals out and look how many have success...

You just dont want to believe you have to eat less...

protein shake
    You are aware 1 chicken breast come in different sizes... you know some smaller some bigger?

Why dont you just take the advice and realise you are doing it wrong and more than likely over eating hence the weight gain, hence the no weight loss.

Scary that you claim to be a PT

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    still waiting for height....
    23 5ft8 you must have missed it.
    Start of my diet 03/06/2014 - 189.5lbs 25-30% BF

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your calorie counting is not accurate. Are you cooking your own food?

eat less and you'll lose weight. I bet a million dollars if I fed you 1300 calories every day in a lab, you'd lose weight.
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Calorie cycling is useless unless you are an advance dieter preparing for a show. Eat the same amount daily regardless of exercise and keep things simple like EK said.

2. One month is really short to see if a plan works, especially for us who don't have much too lose and can't go on huge deficit. Find a set amount of cals (1500 maybe) and stick with it with precise tracking for at least 2-3 months before you decide if it works or not.

3. Are you sure you don't suffer from the "week-end calories don't count" syndrome? If you are in a 200cal a day deficit, you only need maybe one large meal out in the week-end to negate ALL your effort (it's really easy for me to eat 1400 cals. Small bowl of cheesy pasta, small piece of pie - done. Back to square one.)

4. Again when you are small and have less overall amount of calories to work with, you need to WEIGHT your food to track your intake. Every single bit. Watch this and see where your tracking may be way off (video courtesy of Kimm4):

** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MilkyQuaver View Post

23 5ft8 you must have missed it.
    Thanks yeah I missed it!

OP you need to be at about 1,500 TRUE calories a day to make progress. And even at that it won't be that fast. You have a LOT of bodyfat so you can run a good sized deficit. You'll be limited by the hunger factor so food choices will be the most important factor. More protein the better, as few processed carbs as possible, as little alcohol as possible. The game becomes not to waste calories on things that are not satiating.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

protein shake
    Looks like typical crap instaham/youtubez diet. Where is the dietary fat? Flax and oats as tiny bit from foul? You say you came here looking for information. Here is some:

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/why-...rain-like-men/
    9 Reasons why women should not train like men
    Menno Henselmans

if it was as easy as everyone says it is don't y'all think i wouldn't have posted this. i just feel stupid now
    I hope nobody said it was easy. I think they said it was simple. Don't feel stupid. You know I think you might want to seriously spend some time reading the sticky topics on this forum. Intelligence has little to do with learning more, that requires only effort, and setting aside our own biases.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's definitely a difference between an actual deficit and a paper deficit. Whatever you're doing is obviously not working. So unless you're in a hurry to drop weight I'd take a week off from cardio and dieting to refresh and restart.
    When you restart begin slowly with less cardio and add more as you get leaner. I look at my calories weekly and not daily. So I can throw in high days and lows days based on hunger and to keep things different. For me that really helps the mental game of it all. Also if the goal is to drop fat always error on the low side.

Losing weight is definitely easy, don't eat and you lose weight. It's long-term weight loss and maintaining that's difficult. We often do too much too early.
    I'm proof that genetics don't have to hold you back and anything is possible.
    Dieting is not the answer, that’s just a short-term fix. To make a lifelong transformation you need a sustainable lifestyle. One that allows you to both eat what you love and lose weight.
    Create your own custom plan, one that is not too restrictive because you have to enjoy it. Otherwise pain and motivation fall quickly when we are miserable.

www.spikeguy.com
    Lost over 130lbs and maintained 12+ years

DopaminPower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Javelin22,

got PM!

BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP - You mentioned going off birth control in your original post, are you on any other medications? There are medications out there that will change the physiological makeup of your body and how you process food so that even the lowest calorie diet will make you gain weight (essentially you would have no metabolism). Antidepressants, Bi-polar medication, migraine medication, to name a few.
    "A posse ad esse"

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Enough of this nonsense.

This forum, above all others on this entire site, appears to be a magnet for people who seem to think they are a unique snowflake, different from all the others, and that basic, simple steps----such as eating at a consistent, moderate, calorie deficit in order to lose weight---don't apply to them, and instead, attempt to justify their lack of success with one excuse after another.

We're done here. Until, of course, the next thread exactly like this one pops up in about 5 minutes.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733