pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50) pinesalmog will become famous soon enough. (+50)

how long until body starts getting rid of muscle?

thinking i might hit my calories, fat, and protein on a bi-daily basis. i've read that it shouldn't harm you, muscle wise.
    assuming a regular schedule (school, work which includes walking around for like 5 hours), on average, how long until your body starts breaking down dry muscle (muscle fibers i think)?
    Meaning, if i ate 1,800 calories today, and made up the rest tomorrow, how much of an issue would it be, just estimating? I won't be in that large of a deficit at one point or another regardless. My deficit currently isn't that large, maybe like 250-500 under maintenance.
    also, does macros make that much of a difference how much per day at this point, as long as i hit them within one of those days altogether? This really sounds like a lot easier way to live, lol.

Thanks.

JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pinesalmog View Post
    thinking i might hit my calories, fat, and protein on a bi-daily basis. i've read that it shouldn't harm you, muscle wise.
    assuming a regular schedule (school, work which includes walking around for like 5 hours), on average, how long until your body starts breaking down dry muscle (muscle fibers i think)?
    Meaning, if i ate 1,800 calories today, and made up the rest tomorrow, how much of an issue would it be, just estimating? I won't be in that large of a deficit at one point or another regardless. My deficit currently isn't that large, maybe like 250-500 under maintenance.
    also, does macros make that much of a difference how much per day at this point, as long as i hit them within one of those days altogether? This really sounds like a lot easier way to live, lol.

Thanks.
    When you're in the odd calorie deficit, usually a lot of the weight you lose is from water and muscle. Your body cannot burn fat without the presence of carbohydrate which is supposed to be 50% of your diet in most cases. If you've done weight training before you might have noticed that if your eating is in a surplus for a few days and then you stoop into a deficit for a few days you lose a lot of strength and weight - tends to be muscle.

Try to eat at least at maintenance as much as you can. And if you can't do it, find a way. Would never recommend or tell anyone to hit their macros every other day. There's nothing easy about managing your weight.

I'd say about 8 hours without food until you need to break your fast otherwise I'd say your gonna start to break down muscle, but maybe have a look at some research. That's just an estimate. I could be totally wrong, it could depend on how many kcals your last meal was and it's GI (high/low)

Best of luck.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You can count calories by the week but always try to hit your protein requirements daily
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JamesPT View Post
    When you're in the odd calorie deficit, usually a lot of the weight you lose is from water and muscle. Your body cannot burn fat without the presence of carbohydrate which is supposed to be 50% of your diet in most cases. If you've done weight training before you might have noticed that if your eating is in a surplus for a few days and then you stoop into a deficit for a few days you lose a lot of strength and weight - tends to be muscle.

Try to eat at least at maintenance as much as you can. And if you can't do it, find a way. Would never recommend or tell anyone to hit their macros every other day. There's nothing easy about managing your weight.

I'd say about 8 hours without food until you need to break your fast otherwise I'd say your gonna start to break down muscle, but maybe have a look at some research. That's just an estimate. I could be totally wrong, it could depend on how many kcals your last meal was and it's GI (high/low)

Best of luck.
    Wtf did I just read. Men's Health is thataway ---->.

OP. Don't even know where to start. Please go read the stickies in this section and Nutrition.
    1175 @172

Thanks to Emergency Services and Military

royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Best of luck.
    Yes ignore this post and read the stickies, amazing.
    Still striving to meet my goals even though someone keeps moving the goalposts

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ammex View Post
    Wtf did I just read. Men's Health is thataway ---->.

OP. Don't even know where to start. Please go read the stickies in this section and Nutrition.
    But he's a PT

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Best of luck.
    Wtf seriously??
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Best of luck.
    My eyes hurt after reading this. No I think they're bleeding....

This is a classic example of what gives PT's a bad name and how PT influence can be the cause of so much bad information being given to clients.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ammex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post

This is a classic example of what gives PT's a bad name and how PT influence can be the cause of so much bad information being given to clients.
    In fairness, their entire livelihood is based on making people feel like their too stupid to do it alone. 98% of the clients would be gone if PTs showed them in 5-8 sessions how simple it can be.
    1175 @172

Thanks to Emergency Services and Military

Originally Posted by Ammex View Post
    In fairness, their entire livelihood is based on making people feel like their too stupid to do it alone. 98% of the clients would be gone if PTs showed them in 5-8 sessions how simple it can be.
    just as 98% of weight loss diet books would be gone if people knew how simple it is

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000) JamesPT is just really nice. (+1000)

I don't get it. What did I say that is so bad?

You're telling me after 8 hours you don't feel like you're gonna start going catabolic?!

In reference to the 50% carbs comment, I'm of course referring to UK government guidelines as I'm not sure you're aware but if you instruct people to otherwise in the UK as a PT you can get into bother for it as we aren't meant to be so prescriptive with diets. And as such if I'm found telling anybody who's doesn't know any better to eat in a way that is far from what is suggested to the general community it ain't good

I'm sat here justifying everything I said because I genuinely have no idea what you're getting at.

I don't get it. What did I say that is so bad?

You're telling me after 8 hours you don't feel like you're gonna start going catabolic?!

In reference to the 50% carbs comment, I'm of course referring to UK government guidelines as I'm not sure you're aware but if you instruct people to otherwise in the UK as a PT you can get into bother for it as we aren't meant to be so prescriptive with diets. And as such if I'm found telling anybody who's doesn't know any better to eat in a way that is far from what is suggested to the general community it ain't good

I'm sat here justifying everything I said because I genuinely have no idea what you're getting at.
    Ohhh Geeezzzz

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Ohhh Geeezzzz
    Yeah no justification that's what I thought🙄 Egotistical lol

Yeah no justification that's what I thought�� Egotistical lol
    You REALLY don't want me to start do you?

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50) leviat will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Best of luck.
    Completely factless and plain incorrect. You're just throwing random unsupported and purely speculative claims.
    Stop spreading misinformation.

What does this even mean? Feeling when you're body is about to start going catabolic... absolutely ridiculous.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay smart ass don't get cocky and start crying like a little bitch because Tommy is right and you are wrong. Like leviat said you have supporting evidence to back up your claims

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Okay smart ass don't get cocky and start crying like a little bitch because Tommy is right and you are wrong. Like leviat said you have NO supporting evidence to back up your claims
    Fixed.....

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Fixed.....
    Haha damn thanks man that was a legitimate typo! Was late and was half asleep when i typed that

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thanks.
    You usually lose your gains twice as fast as you get them. However it isn't linear.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This really sounds like a lot easier way to live, lol.
    In all honesty feeding myself isn't something I think of as hard. It's a basic life skill.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Best of luck.
    Negged, fuk off with your "advice".

royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) royalmike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    James as your only 18 and you have very little experience as a PT will cut you a little slack. But I assume you work at one of the large franchised gym chains in the UK and they trained you to peddle this rubbish, if this is the case and you really want to respect your clients leave and get some decent training and experience as your not really helping anyone.
    Still striving to meet my goals even though someone keeps moving the goalposts

Smile

Originally Posted by 3maj View Post
    Negged, fuk off with your "advice".
    What part are you referring to? In everything I said there non of it was harmful. If anything it was all 'better safe than sorry'.

jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000) jonnicola is a name known to all. (+5000)

Best of luck.
    logged in to neg
    We're all gonna make it.

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ....I could be totally wrong...
    Fixed your post for you.

You don't need ANY carbs. I don't know where you came up with the idea that you need to eat carbs to burn fat, but it's completely and totally false. If you were right, Keto or PSMF and a host of other low-carb diets wouldn't work, but they clearly do work for a lot of people.

8 hours without food is also bogus; lots of people have had a great deal of success using intermittent fasting.

To the OP: missing your targets sometimes isn't going to hurt you too bad, but you should work on developing consistent eating habits because it makes things a lot easier in the long run.

Originally Posted by screwnuts View Post
    Fixed your post for you.

You don't need ANY carbs. I don't know where you came up with the idea that you need to eat carbs to burn fat, but it's completely and totally false. If you were right, Keto or PSMF and a host of other low-carb diets wouldn't work, but they clearly do work for a lot of people.

8 hours without food is also bogus; lots of people have had a great deal of success using intermittent fasting.

To the OP: missing your targets sometimes isn't going to hurt you too bad, but you should work on developing consistent eating habits because it makes things a lot easier in the long run.

Any diet/meal plan will "work" as long as you are in an overall energy deficit.

What part are you referring to? In everything I said there non of it was harmful. If anything it was all 'better safe than sorry'.
    All of it.....