2slim2skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is lots of fat ok

i am ridiculously skinny. 29 years old and i weigh 144 pounds/ 10st 4lbs. i've never weighed more than 157 and recently was down to 138. You can imagine how much body fat i dont have and how much muscle memory i dont have.

I'm not immediately interested in muscle but i am interested in putting some lbs on quickly and cheaply

Can i binge on dark chocolate, nuts, cheese, avocados, milk, and maybe a pizza a day making a large proportion of my diet fat rather than focusing on protein for some faster weight gain

No meat in my diet other than on a pizza, mainly because it takes time to prepare and i'm too lazy but here is how my diet totals

CALORIES: 5291
    CARBS: 492 G PER DAY. (51%)
    PROTEIN: 181 G PER DAY. (18%)
    FATS: 291 G PER DAY. (30%)
    SODIUM: 2691 MG PER DAY
    SUGAR: 170 G PER DAY

for muscle gains the macro calc on here says i should aim for

CARBS: 336 G PER DAY. (53%)
    PROTEIN: 224 G PER DAY. (35%)
    FATS: 83 G PER DAY. (12%)

heres the actual food per day

Whole Milk, 1000 ml
    Raisin & Almond Granola, 99.0 g
    Medium Avocado, 1 avocado
    Soft Cheese, Full Fat, 100 g
    Salted Peanuts, 100 g
    Raisins - Sun Maid, 0.33 cup(40g)
    Dark Chocolate - 90% Cocoa, (10 squares)
    Cheddar, 90 g
    fusili, 200 gram
    Banana, 1 banana
    Royal Gala Apples., 150 g
    Thin and Crispy Pizza Pepperoni
    Last edited by 2slim2skinny; 09-15-2016 at 12:06 PM.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read the stickies. Figure your macros, get in all your micros. Have fun with your diet. But why use the word "binge"? Can't you simply eat those foods?

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    More calories than you need will allow you to put on weight
    Doesn't matter where you get them from....
    "Junk" food can be a good option, complimenting a good diet of whole foods.
    I do IF (LeanGains protocol) since Aug 2013
    Been Lifting religiously since Feb. 1995
    I eat what I want, to the number of calories I need based on my current goals.

Originally Posted by sdunn96 View Post
    More calories than you need will allow you to put on weight
    Doesn't matter where you get them from....
    "Junk" food can be a good option, complimenting a good diet of whole foods.
    Cheers, i hear with some foods your body expends more calories digesting it than others so i want to get the most weight gain from what i eat without trans fats which i always associate with junk food
    Last edited by 2slim2skinny; 09-15-2016 at 06:35 AM.

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 2slim2skinny View Post
    Cheers, i hear with some foods your body expends more calories digesting it than others so i want to get the most weight gain from what i eat without trans fats which i always associate with trans fats
    that would happen mostly with vegetables, and is nothing to be concerned with, I doubt you eat enough veggies to make a difference.
    Your problem is that you are just not eating enough period.

Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    Read the stickies. Figure your macros, get in all your micros. Have fun with your diet. But why use the word "binge"? Can't you simply eat those foods?
    thanks. i say binge because i need to sustain the diet for a long time and i'm planning on making those foods a big portion of it. prob 4 snack portions of each a day alongside small meals and other snacks

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    dark chocolate, nuts, cheese, avocados, milk,

These are not junk food , these are good.

Eating lots of junk food , like more than 20-30% of your calories DAILY is not good for your health , especially on caloric surplus. You will get urself cancer or cardiovascular disease...
    https://www.egyfitness.com

Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Oatmealman99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Finnegan Bell View Post

Eating lots of junk food , like more than 20-30% of your calories DAILY is not good for your health , especially on caloric surplus. You will get urself cancer or cardiovascular disease...
    not sure if srs or trolling.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i am ridiculously skinny. 29 years old and i weigh 144 pounds/ 10st 4lbs. i've never weighed more than 157 and recently was down to 138. You can imagine how much body fat i dont have and how much muscle memory i dont have.

I'm not immediately interested in muscle but i am interested in putting some lbs on quickly and cheaply

Can i binge on dark chocolate, nuts, cheese, avocados, milk, and maybe a pizza a day making a large proportion of my diet fat rather than focusing on protein for some faster weight gain

No meat in my diet other than on a pizza, mainly because it takes time to prepare and i'm too lazy but here is how my diet totals

How tall are you?

Why are you telling us the %'s of the protein, fats, and carbs? That doesn't matter...

Protein is way, WAY too high... you don't need more than 1g/pound of weight.

Why are you planning on fostering bad eating habits?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by Finnegan Bell View Post

Thanks, they all taste so good and seeing as they make up 30% of my daily macro's as fat i jus wanted to check i'm not making myself unhealthier and theyre ok in a caloric surplus

arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is your height?

I don't think 5xxx calories is right for you, you will gain both fat + muscles.
    the excess carbs or protein of your needs might convert to fat.
    Yeah you need more fat, but do it wizely.

Maybe start with 10% calories of your normal need. After few weeks increase 5% more, then again 5% more.
    No need to be rush on gaining weight.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    How tall are you?

Why are you telling us the %'s of the protein, fats, and carbs? That doesn't matter...

Protein is way, WAY too high... you don't need more than 1g/pound of weight.

Why are you planning on fostering bad eating habits?
    The %'s are so you can see an easy comparison between what portion of my macro's this website's calculator suggested i should take in as carbs, fats and proteins as opposed to how my own diet plan pans out. i thought it might tell you something but obv not

well my protein intake is less than 40g in excess based on what you say and my diet plan so is that too high

I think being 29 and 144lbs its safe to say i've already fostered bad eating habits thats why i'm asking for advice. I'm 6 foot 2 and i am looking for both a fast and long term solution to my weight and skinny appearance. this thread was to address a fast solution in a safe way

Originally Posted by arabhw View Post
    What is your height?

I don't think 5xxx calories is right for you, you will gain both fat + muscles.
    the excess carbs or protein of your needs might convert to fat.
    Yeah you need more fat, but do it wizely.

Maybe start with 10% calories of your normal need. After few weeks increase 5% more, then again 5% more.
    No need to be rush on gaining weight.
    Thanks, most helpful. i'm 6ft 2.

even though the calories is high (for me anyway), i've managed to get the food in me for the last couple of days no problem. do you think in the short term a high fat diet like this with the sorts of foods in the OP is an effective way of gaining weight fast and safely

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks, most helpful. i'm 6ft 2.

even though the calories is high (for me anyway), i've managed to get the food in me for the last couple of days no problem. do you think in the short term a high fat diet like this with the sorts of foods in the OP is an effective way of gaining weight fast and safely
    2 days is nothing.

You need to be preparing for the long term here. That not only includes the more current goals of adding weight, but also the longer term goals of being able to sustain a healthy weight and body.

Shoving 5k calories of food down your gullet for 2 days doesn't sound to me like a great idea.

Even as underweight as you are, I'd recommend a longer-term outlook and process. Certainly you can stand to add weight faster than maybe would otherwise be recommended, but I would discourage trying to do it "too quickly".

I'd eat at around a 800-1000k surplus over your TDEE for a few months, or until you start to feel/look "overfat". Even though you say you aren't "worried about muscle right now", as long as you're adding weight you might as well encourage muscle growth by getting on a good lifting program....again think in terms of long term goals, not just short term.

Originally Posted by juggernaut74ia View Post
    2 days is nothing.

You need to be preparing for the long term here. That not only includes the more current goals of adding weight, but also the longer term goals of being able to sustain a healthy weight and body.

Shoving 5k calories of food down your gullet for 2 days doesn't sound to me like a great idea.

Even as underweight as you are, I'd recommend a longer-term outlook and process. Certainly you can stand to add weight faster than maybe would otherwise be recommended, but I would discourage trying to do it "too quickly".

I'd eat at around a 800-1000k surplus over your TDEE for a few months, or until you start to feel/look "overfat". Even though you say you aren't "worried about muscle right now", as long as you're adding weight you might as well encourage muscle growth by getting on a good lifting program....again think in terms of long term goals, not just short term.
    Thanks for your advice, i know 2 days is nothing but got to start somewhere.

even while doing this initial fattening up i will squat and do weighted sit ups one day and then bench and deadlift the next, more for the long term than immediate

a couple of people saying to increase calories over a period of time? why is that? doesnt how much weight i gain depend on much more than just calories? would it not be safe for me to put on a stone or maybe a bit more on the sort of diet i'm talking about
    Last edited by 2slim2skinny; 09-15-2016 at 10:29 AM.

FYI
    I am 6'1
    And for me to put on weight steadily, I have to consume at least 4000 calories daily.
    So I doubt that 5K calories is needed at this point for you.

You are better off finding how many calories you need to gain weight, that you can keep up day in and day out.

It is better to increase at a rate that allows you to know just how much are you gaining.
    Putting on weight to fast will result in just getting fatter

juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juggernaut74ia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    even while doing this initial fattening up i will squat and do weighted sit ups one day and then bench and deadlift the next, more for the long term than immediate
    I would encourage you to take a gander at the exercise forum and pick a solid, proven routine rather than just random lifts. Fierce 5 or Stronglifts are 2 that are often recommended. You'll make much better progress on an established program.

a couple of people saying to increase calories over a period of time? why is that? doesnt how much weight i gain depend on much more than just calories? would it not be safe for me to put on a stone or maybe a bit more on the sort of diet i'm talking about
    Again, without speaking for others, I think it again has to do more with taking a longer term view of things. Sure you can start going all out and shoving 5k+ calories down your gullet, and you say you're fine after 2 days. But what happens after a couple more days when the thought of eating more and more becomes less "appetizing" (pun intended )

Better to ramp up somewhat more slowly, find a good, SUSTAINABLE amount of calories that will allow you to add the weight you desparately need, but also something you can maintain over the long term.

Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000) Onlyspoons is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you put on weight very fast, most of it will be fat and you will worsen your body composition and most likely regret rushing. Take it slowly, work out and build a bigger, stronger body without getting needlessly flabby.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I feel like I totally missed asking this, and I should have asked it first before saying anything...

OP, do you have an eating disorder? How did you come to be this low bodyweight? Those details are pretty damn important in deciding what advice to give on the subject.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

I feel like I totally missed asking this, and I should have asked it first before saying anything...

OP, do you have an eating disorder? How did you come to be this low bodyweight? Those details are pretty damn important in deciding what advice to give on the subject.
    nope, no eating disorder, been to the docs and had blood tests but nothing showed up except high test, which i was pretty pleased with. honestly since about the age of 16 my weight barely changed. i've kept food diaries and been surprised some days at how little i eat. i dunno what it is but i guess i must suppress my appetite sometimes.
    Last edited by 2slim2skinny; 09-15-2016 at 01:10 PM.

nope, no eating disorder, been to the docs and had blood tests but nothing showed up except high test, which i was pretty pleased with. honestly since about the age of 16 my weight barely changed. i've kept food diaries and been surprised some days at how little i eat. i dunno what it is but i guess i must suppress my appetite sometimes.
    High meaning the high end of normal? That's odd considering low bodyweight, but hey good for you!

Do you typically just eat to satiety? Do you ever avoid food or anything on purpose? If not, i'm amazed you'd level out at your current weight. I mean I'm 6 foot and just why of 140 so I know the feeling of being 'too thin', and it sucks... but I do eat alot.

High meaning the high end of normal? That's odd considering low bodyweight, but hey good for you!

Do you typically just eat to satiety? Do you ever avoid food or anything on purpose? If not, i'm amazed you'd level out at your current weight. I mean I'm 6 foot and just why of 140 so I know the feeling of being 'too thin', and it sucks... but I do eat alot.
    as i'm writing this i'm hearing sky news saying Trump says he has high test too. it all sounds great but it has implications in terms of ones behaviour i think but thats a story for another time

sometimes i eat to satiety, sometimes till i feel ill and sometimes not enough. there's not really a pattern

plenty of reasons why our bodies might not gain weight though; activity, metabolism, timing/number of meals, sleep, stress, other illnesses and factors but i was just looking at nutrition. i think a high fat diet will be more efficient for gaining weight when compared to a diet with the same calories high in protein or carbs. its extreme to use a high fat method i know and goes against what most know but right now i'm not bodybuilding. i think i'll try the diet i proposed as no one says it will be bad for me

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IF you're truly eating 5k + calories and NOT gaining, then you need to see your physician and or tone down your activity levels.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    IF you're truly eating 5k + calories and NOT gaining, then you need to see your physician and or tone down your activity levels.
    over what sort of period. say i stick to a diet of 4300 cal, 383 carb, 253 fat, 135 protein (cos i think the pasta from my initial plan will be a struggle) and moderately active how long before i should start to see gains on the scales

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    over what sort of period. say i stick to a diet of 4300 cal, 383 carb, 253 fat, 135 protein (cos i think the pasta from my initial plan will be a struggle) and moderately active how long before i should start to see gains on the scales
    Within 1-2 weeks.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823