Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio 5 days a week?

I'm doing cardio 5 days a week right now along with my workouts. I'm 5'9 about 170 with a pretty low body fat percentage. I'm basically trying gain size right now and I don't want to gain too much fat around my waist or anywhere for that matter. Could the cardio be hurting my gains? I do it right after my weight training. I have around 2400 calories a day, 250g of protein intake. The main bodyparts I'm trying to build up are my traps, back, and upper chest.

Thanks
    nick

younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Cardio 5 days a week?

Originally posted by Neo22
    I'm doing cardio 5 days a week right now along with my workouts. I'm 5'9 about 170 with a pretty low body fat percentage. I'm basically trying gain size right now and I don't want to gain too much fat around my waist or anywhere for that matter. Could the cardio be hurting my gains? I do it right after my weight training. I have around 2400 calories a day, 250g of protein intake. The main bodyparts I'm trying to build up are my traps, back, and upper chest.

Thanks
    nick
    It surely can. 2400 calories isnt much if your workout out 5times a week and doing cardio right afterwards. Seperate your cardio sesions and workout sesions. Also, 5 sessions of cardio IS NOT required and will probably mess with your gains. Twice a week is fine.

Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neo22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well here is the workout split given to me by one of the trainers at my gym. I personally think its overkill but wanted to give it a chance.

Mon: Back
    Tues: Chest
    Weds: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Biceps/Triceps

I do cardio right after every session.

My main lacking body parts are my back and trap areas, my chest looks fairly well and my legs are moderatly sized.

younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) younglifter13 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well here is the workout split given to me by one of the trainers at my gym. I personally think its overkill but wanted to give it a chance.

Mon: Back
    Tues: Chest
    Weds: Legs
    Thursday: Shoulders
    Friday: Biceps/Triceps

I do cardio right after every session.

My main lacking body parts are my back and trap areas, my chest looks fairly well and my legs are moderatly sized.
    The split looks fine, but workout out 5 times a week + cardio 5 times a week + 2400 calories = overkill. To be honest, if I was going to do cardio while bulking, I would probably use a 4 day split instead.

Also, if your looking for a new workout, check the sticky above.

Originally posted by younglifter13
    The split looks fine, but workout out 5 times a week + cardio 5 times a week + 2400 calories = overkill. To be honest, if I was going to do cardio while bulking, I would probably use a 4 day split instead.

Also, if your looking for a new workout, check the sticky above.
    Ok, thanks, I think i may do cardio only 2-3 days a week from now on. I don't want to waste time in the gym if I don't need to!

Ok, thanks, I think i may do cardio only 2-3 days a week from now on. I don't want to waste time in the gym if I don't need to!
    I only do one cardio sesion while bulking lol . Some people dont do any.

If your not gaining anything, get rid of a cardio session and/or up calories.

good luck

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz

Re: Re: Cardio 5 days a week?

Originally posted by younglifter13
    It surely can. 2400 calories isnt much if your workout out 5times a week and doing cardio right afterwards. Seperate your cardio sesions and workout sesions. Also, 5 sessions of cardio IS NOT required and will probably mess with your gains. Twice a week is fine.
    bump... if you want to bulk then do a clean bulk adn worry aboutt he excess fat when you have finished bullking and it is time to cut...