numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Is this normal for being on Keto?

Things I noticed while on keto for almost two weeks are:

1. Feel like i'm getting fatter. Fatter belly and man-boobs.
    2. I am getting fat. Used to weigh 195 and now I weigh 199 since I began the keto.
    3. I sweat a whole lot more! Like holy chit.. I used to sweat a lot but now I tend to sweat thermogenically for simple things like walking.
    4. Sweat and face is more oily than usual. The oils has drastically increased in my sweat and pores.
    5. Slightly losing my vascularity. OK Im not ripped. I believe i'm somewhat skinny-fat. But my forearms used to be vascular from weight lifting and previous clean eating veggie diet. Now with keto it is diminishing... normal?
    6. Look pregnant than ever before. I wasn't like this before keto. Stomach grew.. am I really going to get ripped out of this? :S

I eat this 5 x a week:

morning:
    3 whole scrambled eggs
    4 slices of uncured bacon
    Bullet proof coffee (using grass fed butter 1 tbs) in 8 oz water
    Sometimes I drink or mix coconut milk with coffee or by itself (8 oz)

Lunch:
    80% lean ground turkey (forgot portion but maybe around the size of a hand fist)
    Broccoli
    1 oz of walnuts
    A powdered veggie juice mix with only water. 2 cups.

Dinner:
    4 slices of bacon (i'm trying to mix it up but recently I been getting lazy so sometimes I eat dinner like breakfast)
    3 whole eggs , scrambled
    Coconut milk shake, 2 tbs peanut butter and 50 grams of whey protein powder
    2 oz of pistachios.

That is the jist. On my fitness pal it is roughly 2000 calories. At times almost 3000 if I incorporate other random high fat meals (shrimp, salmon, charbroiled chicken with skin on etc or eating slightly more to meet my macros).

I just don't feel like i'm losing any weight and I look pregnant. As if I don't have stubborn belly fat already. My other concern is now, perhaps exercise. I do light cardio (stationary bike at home ~20-30 mins). With weight lifting doing the basics, squats with 70 lbs barbel, push-ups, dead-lifts, curls, military press etc. Work out last about 1 hour or 2 depending how long I rest. Add in my work which is tiring. I work at a factory where I constantly lift heavy boxes, pull a lot using arms/ forearms. Walking! walking walking.. Bending over, kneeling and in usually outside weather. If its hot its hot inside the building. Lots of exercise 8 hours a day 5 times a week. Plus when I get home I rest a little then workout (try to workout.)

Usually on keto I been feeling tired not sure why. But I know my carbs have been very low (min 50 carbs.)

icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What are your macro's, how long have you been doing keto and what else do you eat the other 2 days of the week?
    Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them
    Iron fist to claim it all

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is for some people as your experience is exactly how I feel on a very high fat/no carb diet.
    - tired
    - massive gut bloat from all the high fat meals
    - flat and not vascular at all

I decided that it wasn't for me and went back to higher carb low fat and immediately felt pumped, lean, dry, energetic and vascular again. Some, like myself, thrive better on higher carb diets and others vice versa
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50) numbhazard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    It is for some people as your experience is exactly how I feel on a very high fat/no carb diet.
    - tired
    - massive gut bloat from all the high fat meals
    - flat and not vascular at all

I decided that it wasn't for me and went back to higher carb low fat and immediately felt pumped, lean, dry, energetic and vascular again. Some, like myself, thrive better on higher carb diets and others vice versa

I been on keto for at least two weeks. How long did it take you to notice unwanted changes and decided that you went back to carbs? I feel like giving keto at least a month (maybe more) just in case my body starts to burn the unwanted results off. And perhaps i'm doing something wrong? Yeah too much high fat meals (grease from all that bacon man) massive gut bloat from those meals.
    **V̶i̶r̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶C̶r̶e̶w̶**
    **Forever Alone Crew**

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by numbhazard View Post
    I been on keto for at least two weeks. How long did it take you to notice unwanted changes and decided that you went back to carbs? I feel like giving keto at least a month (maybe more) just in case my body starts to burn the unwanted results off. And perhaps i'm doing something wrong? Yeah too much high fat meals (grease from all that bacon man) massive gut bloat from those meals.
    Within a day I started feeling like utter ****. I stuck it out for just over a week and then went back to my previous diet which I knew worked well for me especially since keto offers no special fat loss benefit over other diets given calories and the size of the deficit is the same on both diets. It's completely your choice but yea maybe give it another few weeks or so and then if it still doesn't pan out the way you want then **** it. Don't get me wrong I LOVE bacon it just makes you feel ****ty after since all the fat just sits on your gut and slows digestion to a grinding halt basically. To those who say you can't get lean and into single digits on higher carbs that is bull****. My avi was taken eating bout 300-350 at the time
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TC66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did you have a decent size drop in weight within the first 3 days? will be mostly water.
    regardless of the diet type; it's all about cals in/out. So if you're not losing then that's what to look at first.

arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10) arabhw is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lower you protein calories to 25% and carb to 5%.

PurpleCurlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleCurlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleCurlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleCurlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleCurlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PurpleCurlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
    What are your macro's, how long have you been doing keto and what else do you eat the other 2 days of the week?
    Hi!

This information is key! Not having it is like grasping in the wind.

If your gaining weight, losing vascularity, etc. you're likely eating too much. Seems to me 2000-3000 kcal is a big swing, especially not knowing how much/if you're eating on the other two days.

If you're feeling really tired it's a good chance that your electrolytes are low. You definitely don't want to play around with this part. Make sure you're getting in your magnesium, potassium, and sodium so you don't have a "medical incident."
    "Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." ~ Marilyn Monroe

Check me out:

#awpurplecurlz

https://www.********.com/TAntoinetteWilson/

https://www.instagram.com/tantoinettewilson/

Originally Posted by TC66 View Post
    did you have a decent size drop in weight within the first 3 days? will be mostly water.
    regardless of the diet type; it's all about cals in/out. So if you're not losing then that's what to look at first.
    Indeed, I have noticed decent size drop in weight for at least the first week. But as you mentioned, it was just water or just food overall that I eaten that day. In my morning I weigh 195 lbs. But at mid-day with water retention/ liquids and foods I weight 199 lbs. Its always the same recently. In the morning its 195 and in the afternoon its 199. Goes up and down (but obviously water/ food in gut). But I still got my 24% body fat! URGGG. I'm trying to calculate how many calories I burn on a workout (I need to buy a HRM). But yea this one has always been tricky for me. I suppose I just need to eat for example 2200 calories a day and thus to lose weight I need to burn more than I ate? Like 2500 calories out? I just want to get ripped man. It is my dream aside if I don't fullful my other long term goals lol. At least getting ripped I will feel good about myself.

Originally Posted by arabhw View Post
    Lower you protein calories to 25% and carb to 5%.
    I noticed that I tried to eat less red meat and thus have been eating more protein like chicken with the skin on. My protein is at 28% since I hear for keto by default protein is at least 80-100 grams. So I went for 100g since i'm taller and didn't want to lose muscle. OK so now I had 9% carbs, 28% protein and 63% fat. Now I changed it to 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat. Which is 17g of carbs, 78g of protein and 97g of fat. Lets so how that goes.

Originally Posted by PurpleCurlz View Post
    Hi!

This information is key! Not having it is like grasping in the wind.

If your gaining weight, losing vascularity, etc. you're likely eating too much. Seems to me 2000-3000 kcal is a big swing, especially not knowing how much/if you're eating on the other two days.

If you're feeling really tired it's a good chance that your electrolytes are low. You definitely don't want to play around with this part. Make sure you're getting in your magnesium, potassium, and sodium so you don't have a "medical incident."
    My macros used to be 2000 calories keto diet. But now im changing it to 1250 calories. I will need to boost my electrolytes and will look into supplements from that since yes, I have been feeling tired. Like at times I can't even lift properly because my arms feel so weak and achy from work (I work at a factory where I do lots of body movements and lifting full-time sometimes 10 hours a day.)
    Last edited by numbhazard; 09-21-2016 at 02:58 PM.

icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) icetrauma has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My macros used to be 2000 calories keto diet. But now im changing it to 1250 calories. I will need to boost my electrolytes and will look into supplements from that since yes, I have been feeling tired. Like at times I can't even lift properly because my arms feel so weak and achy from work (I work at a factory where I do lots of body movements and lifting full-time sometimes 10 hours a day.)

If your current weight is 209, as posted under your avi, then 1250 is way to low. Take your current weight and find your lean body mass. Multiply that x 0.8 and that will be your daily protein. Example, I'll use 20% bf.

209 with 20% bf is 167 lb's of lbm.

You'll need 134 grams of protein and that is 536 calories.
    25 grams of net carbs, not including fiber is 100 calories.
    That's 636 calories of carbs and proteins. You're fat intake will depend on your daily activity level. Let's say your fat is equal to protein, in actuality it is more, then that would be 134 grams of fat at 1206 calories.
    That total intake alone is 1842 calories.
    I would go to www.ketogains.com and plug in your numbers and activity level and it will figure your caloric needs for a cut, bulk or maintain depending on what you choose. To lose weight you have to feed the machine not starve it.

My current macro's are 190 grams fat/25 grams carbs/ 170 grams protein.
    Last edited by icetrauma; 09-21-2016 at 07:54 PM.

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them

Originally Posted by icetrauma View Post
    If your current weight is 209, as posted under your avi, then 1250 is way to low. Take your current weight and find your lean body mass. Multiply that x 0.8 and that will be your daily protein. Example, I'll use 20% bf.

209 with 20% bf is 167 lb's of lbm.

You'll need 134 grams of protein and that is 536 calories.
    25 grams of net carbs, not including fiber is 100 calories.
    That's 636 calories of carbs and proteins. You're fat intake will depend on your daily activity level. Let's say your fat is equal to protein, in actuality it is more, then that would be 134 grams of fat at 1206 calories.
    That total intake alone is 1842 calories.
    I would go to www.ketogains.com and plug in your numbers and activity level and it will figure your caloric needs for a cut, bulk or maintain depending on what you choose. To lose weight you have to feed the machine not starve it.

My current macro's are 190 grams fat/25 grams carbs/ 170 grams protein.
    Thanks for the help. My avi for Bodybuilding is out of date. My current weight is (as posted above) is 195 in the morning. But at the evening I weigh 198-199 lbs (water weight?). My body fat is 23-24%. So I suppose my lean body mass is 150 LBS. I went to that website and there are so much data and numbers i'm confused! I use an app on my android called, "My Fitness Pal" where I just insert the percentage for my macros and put in my carbs at 5% which carbs is 17g but ketogains website says I need to be at 30g no matter what. Which is higher than 5%?
    **V̶i̶r̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶C̶r̶e̶w̶**
    **Forever Alone Crew**

Thanks for the help. My avi for Bodybuilding is out of date. My current weight is (as posted above) is 195 in the morning. But at the evening I weigh 198-199 lbs (water weight?). My body fat is 23-24%. So I suppose my lean body mass is 150 LBS. I went to that website and there are so much data and numbers i'm confused! I use an app on my android called, "My Fitness Pal" where I just insert the percentage for my macros and put in my carbs at 5% which carbs is 17g but ketogains website says I need to be at 30g no matter what. Which is higher than 5%?

For your weight, I would start at 17 grams since it is 5%. You can add or subtract from that.

There's a taste of fear
    When the henchmen call
    Iron fist to tame them