Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Could this be causing weight gain?

Before you say "Move more eat less" or "You're not in a deficit" I have already lost 40kg and kept it off, but trying to cut now seems harder, and I have a question about it.

I eat 2000 calories a day, I track EVERYTHING, sauces, oils EVERYTHING I put in my body. I work out 4-6 days a week with 20-30 mins cardio after each lifting session. I work a manual labor job where i'm on my feet 40+ hours a week lifting stuff at work and doing physical stuff.

the ONLY thing that I have no idea if this is actually making me gain weight (not a lot but stalling my progress) is my diet sodas that I drink, and it's not a small amount I am kinda addicted to drinking them.

I drink anywhere between 6-10 cans of Pepsi Max a day, they have 1 calorie per 375 mL can, but they contain Aspartme and I read it can **** with your insulin and leptin which can effect your metabolism, and I seem to be drinking an excess amount of diet soda so could this be the reason?

I just get bored of water when I stop drinking no calorie drinks.

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rooskie93 View Post
    I seem to be drinking an excess amount of diet soda so could this be the reason?
    No.
    But they aren't that great for your teeth.

Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rooskie93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    No.
    But they aren't that great for your teeth.
    Aspartame contains the chemicals phenylalanine and aspartate. Both of these substances increase fat storage. They interfere with insulin and leptin, which control how fat is handled, whether it’s stored, how it’s stored, where it’s stored, and how it’s used. Fat metabolism is deranged by aspartame, with the inevitable result of causing people to pack on the pounds when they’re trying to do exactly the opposite.

Everything I read is saying it can, and the amount i'm drinking idk

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aspartame contains the chemicals phenylalanine and aspartate. Both of these substances increase fat storage. They interfere with insulin and leptin, which control how fat is handled, whether it’s stored, how it’s stored, where it’s stored, and how it’s used. Fat metabolism is deranged by aspartame, with the inevitable result of causing people to pack on the pounds when they’re trying to do exactly the opposite.

Everything I read is saying it can, and the amount i'm drinking idk
    http://leanmuscleproject.com/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/
    https://www.biolayne.com/coaching/fa...diet-products/

Do I think you should reduce intake? Yes.
    Is it causing weight gain? No.

Originally Posted by tara19 View Post
    http://leanmuscleproject.com/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/
    https://www.biolayne.com/coaching/fa...diet-products/

Do I think you should reduce intake? Yes.
    Is it causing weight gain? No.
    1 of those links infact says In fact, various separate studies in the last few years – such as this one, this one, and this one have concluded that there is a strong link between drinking diet soda and gaining weight.

I'm drinking 6-10 cans a day that's 3-4 litres, every day. that's not the normal amount.

1 of those links infact says In fact, various separate studies in the last few years – such as this one, this one, and this one have concluded that there is a strong link between drinking diet soda and gaining weight.

I'm drinking 6-10 cans a day that's 3-4 litres, every day. that's not the normal amount.
    You didn't actually read the studies did you?

'The data do not support the hypothesis that long-term artificial sweetener use either helps weight loss or prevents weight gain.'
    'These differences, though not significant among exercise increasers,'
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=169624393 --> Old thread on the same dilema. \

Obviously you should lower your intake if you think it's a problem.
    Apart from the bloat, unless you are diabetic calorie free drinks are not causing you to gain weight.

cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Potato thread yet again.... this section is more like the misc everyday.

The only thing messing with your "metabolism" is the amount of calories you are consuming, in the event of gaining weight, you are eating too much.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Copypasta from previous thread on the matter

There "may" be an acute difference in people who do not regularly consume Sucrose(splenda), but there is not one in people who consume it regularly, nor is there one in gut,metabolic or hunger responses, unless you look at rat studies.

They even mention that in your study link:
    Therefore, we speculate that regular users of NNS would have a higher glycemic response after an oral glucose tolerance test on the control day than irregular users and that the acute effects of sucralose intake would be blunted because differences between water and sucralose conditions would be smaller in regular than in irregular users of NNS.
    And because science:
    The incretin hormones, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), play an important role in glucose homeostasis in both health and diabetes. In mice, sucralose, an artificial sweetener, stimulates GLP-1 release via sweet taste receptors on enteroendocrine cells. We studied blood glucose, plasma levels of insulin, GLP-1, and GIP, and gastric emptying (by a breath test) in 7 healthy humans after intragastric infusions of 1) 50 g sucrose in water to a total volume of 500 ml (approximately 290 mosmol/l), 2) 80 mg sucralose in 500 ml normal saline (approximately 300 mosmol/l, 0.4 mM sucralose), 3) 800 mg sucralose in 500 ml normal saline (approximately 300 mosmol/l, 4 mM sucralose), and 4) 500 ml normal saline (approximately 300 mosmol/l), all labeled with 150 mg 13C-acetate. Blood glucose increased only in response to sucrose (P<0.05). GLP-1, GIP, and insulin also increased after sucrose (P=0.0001) but not after either load of sucralose or saline. Gastric emptying of sucrose was slower than that of saline (t50: 87.4+/-4.1 min vs. 74.7+/-3.2 min, P<0.005), whereas there were no differences in t50 between sucralose 0.4 mM (73.7+/-3.1 min) or 4 mM (76.7+/-3.1 min) and saline. We conclude that sucralose, delivered by intragastric infusion, does not stimulate insulin, GLP-1, or GIP release or slow gastric emptying in healthy humans.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19221011

the data from extensive in vivo studies in human subjects show that low-energy sweeteners do not have any of the adverse effects predicted by in vitro, in situ or knockout studies in animals
    https://examine.com/faq/do-artificia...spike-insulin/

On separate days, each subject received an intragastric infusion of glucose, fructose or an AS (aspartame, acesulfame K and sucralose) dissolved in 250 ml of water or water only (control). In a second part, four subjects received an intragastric infusion of the non-sweet, non-metabolisable sugar analogue 2-deoxy-d-glucose. Glucose stimulated GLP-1 (P = 0·002) and peptide tyrosine tyrosine (PYY; P = 0·046) secretion and reduced fasting plasma ghrelin (P = 0·046), whereas fructose was less effective. Both carbohydrate sugars increased satiety and fullness (albeit not significantly) compared with water. In contrast, equisweet loads of AS did not affect gastrointestinal peptide secretion with minimal effects on appetite. 2-Deoxy-d-glucose increased hunger ratings, however, with no effects on GLP-1, PYY or ghrelin. Our data demonstrate that the secretion of GLP-1, PYY and ghrelin depends on more than the detection of (1) sweetness or (2) the structural analogy to glucose.
    http://journals.cambridge.org/action...0711451000512X

Furthermore, low sugar-sweetened beverage intake and high physical activity levels appear to modify each others' effects of decreasing HOMA-IR and triglyceride concentrations and increasing high-density lipoprotein cholesterol concentrations.
    http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/arti...ticleid=381243

Despite the caloric difference in preloads (290 kcal vs. 493 kcal), participants did not compensate by eating more at their lunch and dinner meals when they consumed stevia and aspartame versus sucrose in preloads (mean differences in food intake over entire day between sucrose and stevia = 301 kcal, p < .01; aspartame = 330 kcal, p < .01). Self-reported hunger and satiety levels did not differ by condition. Stevia preloads significantly reduced postprandial glucose levels compared to sucrose preloads (p < .01), and postprandial insulin levels compared to both aspartame and sucrose preloads (p < .05). When consuming stevia and aspartame preloads, participants did not compensate by eating more at either their lunch or dinner meal and reported similar levels of satiety compared to when they consumed the higher calorie sucrose preload.
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...95666310000826

Meta-analysis of sustained intervention randomized controlled trials (4 weeks to 40 months) showed that consumption of LES versus sugar led to relatively reduced BW (nine comparisons; -1.35?kg, 95% CI -2.28 to -0.42), and a similar relative reduction in BW versus water (three comparisons; -1.24?kg, 95% CI -2.22 to -0.26). Most animal studies did not mimic LES consumption by humans, and reverse causation may influence the results of prospective cohort studies. The preponderance of evidence from all human randomized controlled trials indicates that LES do not increase EI or BW, whether compared with caloric or non-caloric (for example, water) control conditions. Overall, the balance of evidence indicates that use of LES in place of sugar, in children and adults, leads to reduced EI and BW, and possibly also when compared with water.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26365102

I could keep going forever.

Regularly intake of artificial sweeteners does not make you hungry, fatter, nor does it spike hormones or whatever beyond what water would. There "may" be some changes to gut biome, but that's not fully proven in human studies nor do they take into accord the reduction of Carbs that the switch to AS usually causes, less carbs = change in gut biome = glucose tolerance reduction.

Diet soda = good, but horrible for your teeth.

insulin doesn't make you fat. The stupid insulin causes fat gain or hinders fat loss myth has been debunked so many freaking times now that bringing it up is pure stupidity.

http://www.thenutritionwonk.com/#!Is...f26b6d6848a8f8

If insulin caused any hindrance to fat loss whatsoever then a ketogenic diet would be vastly superior to any other dietary approach as the low carb + minimal protein causes the least insulin spike possible, since keto does not provide any benefit to rate of fat loss insulin is obviously not an issue.

Diet soda makes you lose weight, so how could it increase waist line ?

Meta-analysis of sustained intervention randomized controlled trials (4 weeks to 40 months) showed that consumption of LES versus sugar led to relatively reduced BW (nine comparisons; −1.35 kg, 95% CI –2.28 to −0.42), and a similar relative reduction in BW versus water (three comparisons; −1.24 kg, 95% CI –2.22 to −0.26). Most animal studies did not mimic LES consumption by humans, and reverse causation may influence the results of prospective cohort studies. The preponderance of evidence from all human randomized controlled trials indicates that LES do not increase EI or BW, whether compared with caloric or non-caloric (for example, water) control conditions. Overall, the balance of evidence indicates that use of LES in place of sugar, in children and adults, leads to reduced EI and BW, and possibly also when compared with water.
    http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v4...o2015177a.html

Aging however is related to increased fat mass, and thus obviously waist line grows:
    Our findings suggest that (1) the age-related increase in fat mass and waist circumference is greater in women than in men and (2) the physiological characteristics that reflect a decline in physical activity—related energy expenditure, rather than resting energy expenditure, are important predictors of the increases in total and central fatness. Lifestyle changes that increase the level of physical activity may be advantageous in blunting age-related increases in total and central body fatness.(Arch Intern Med. 1995;155:2443-2448)
    http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/arti...ticleid=621349

It's an decrease in activity and poor diet that causes waist line growth. Observational studies like the one you posted suck, there is usually always a strong correlation between weight increase and artificial sweeteners simply because fatties know they are getting fat and try to reduce calories by increasing intake of low/zero kcal stuff rather than reducing overall intake.

Those who are worried about their weight(aka fat fuks), gaining weight or trying to lose fat tend to drink diet soda thus you get a strong correlation between intake and increased weight/obesity (as most people suck a dieting).
    On the other hand those who are lean, lost weight or simply naturally lean tend to drink sugary soda thus you get a strong correlation between low artificial sweetener intake and stable weight.

Neither of the scenarios are affected by artificial sweeteners, their diet/lifestyle is what's causing the difference, diet soda is simply the goto for fatties. Like the typical 2x big mac meal with extra super large fries and of course a diet coke.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Location: Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It might be worth noting that Pepsi Max contains a lot of caffeine compared to other diet sodas, which at the very least is going to mess with your ability to get a solid night of sleep.

If you're so concerned with the negatives of diet soda, proven or otherwise, why don't you just stop drinking so much of it?

screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000) screwnuts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Before you say "Move more eat less" or "You're not in a deficit" I have already lost 40kg and kept it off, but trying to cut now seems harder, and I have a question about it.

I eat 2000 calories a day, I track EVERYTHING, sauces, oils EVERYTHING I put in my body. I work out 4-6 days a week with 20-30 mins cardio after each lifting session. I work a manual labor job where i'm on my feet 40+ hours a week lifting stuff at work and doing physical stuff.

the ONLY thing that I have no idea if this is actually making me gain weight (not a lot but stalling my progress) is my diet sodas that I drink, and it's not a small amount I am kinda addicted to drinking them.

I drink anywhere between 6-10 cans of Pepsi Max a day, they have 1 calorie per 375 mL can, but they contain Aspartme and I read it can **** with your insulin and leptin which can effect your metabolism, and I seem to be drinking an excess amount of diet soda so could this be the reason?

Without knowing your height/weight it's virtually impossible to know if 2000 calories is a reasonable amount. The last bits of fat are always going to be harder to lose. I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but I can almost guarantee you that you're eating too much.

I seriously doubt that it's the soda that's ruining your progress, but if you really want to know if it's the soda, stop drinking it. If you lose some fat without changing anything else, then it was the soda.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have already lost 40kg and kept it off, but trying to cut now seems harder
    Of course, this is how it works. When you're obese, fat loss is a walk int he park. It's far more difficult when you're lean.

Crack down on the calories and be honest with yourself about your intake and activity levels instead of looking for silver bullets.

lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lvsteven has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

You know what is funny?
    They say that people that skip breakfast are fatter.

Odd since many people using fasting are in great shape.

The point is that you can assume that diet soda causes weight gain...
    Or you can assume that people that drink diet soda probably don't have a good diet and say things like "I just drank diet soda, this extra cake is fine!"

Does that make sense?
    When you read studied you need to think this way or else you buy into the thinking of the person who is presenting the study and fail to practice critical thinking skills.
    The Ultimate Resource on Dieting and Intermittent Fasting
    http://www.blastthebelly.com

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, ask yourself why you're doing that. Is it really that important to you, and if so, why? What's the downside of just stopping it and drinking water?

Personally I suspect that people are often overweight because they have a preoccupation with the act of consuming something (I can tell you it's definitely one of my own issues). That's obviously going to correlate with obesity.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    Also, ask yourself why you're doing that. Is it really that important to you, and if so, why? What's the downside of just stopping it and drinking water?

Personally I suspect that people are often overweight because they have a preoccupation with the act of consuming something (I can tell you it's definitely one of my own issues). That's obviously going to correlate with obesity.

addiction, subsequently denial of addiction.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Jamesdothlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Need more info OP, how long have you been eating 2000 calories at that activity level, what's your current t height weight and rough estimate body fat percentage. How long has it been since the scale weight hasn't changed. If it's been only a week with no change I suspect very soon you will see a big drop in scale weight, but if it's been more than 2 weeks and no change at all, then something is up and calories might need to be adjusted.

Originally Posted by Jamesdothlift View Post
    Need more info OP, how long have you been eating 2000 calories at that activity level, what's your current t height weight and rough estimate body fat percentage. How long has it been since the scale weight hasn't changed. If it's been only a week with no change I suspect very soon you will see a big drop in scale weight, but if it's been more than 2 weeks and no change at all, then something is up and calories might need to be adjusted.
    5'8, 23 yrs old, work a physical job and exercise 4-6 times a week. Adjusted down to 1900 from 2000 after stopped losing after 3-4 weeks. In this time the only thing that changed was me consuming more Pepsi Max, and I drink no water besides 700mL in my shaker during my workout.

I added more cardio and reduced cals by 100 and actually gained weight, not much but still gained when it takes at least 3500 calorie surplus to gain a pound. People who say you're eating too much clearly couldn't read, I stalled at 2000 after losing weight so I reduced calories and increased activity a little but ended up gaining.

Location: Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fuzzley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    5'8, 23 yrs old, work a physical job and exercise 4-6 times a week. Adjusted down to 1900 from 2000 after stopped losing after 3-4 weeks. In this time the only thing that changed was me consuming more Pepsi Max, and I drink no water besides 700mL in my shaker during my workout.

I added more cardio and reduced cals by 100 and actually gained weight, not much but still gained when it takes at least 3500 calorie surplus to gain a pound. People who say you're eating too much clearly couldn't read, I stalled at 2000 after losing weight so I reduced calories and increased activity a little but ended up gaining.
    If I had a diet that was working for me and helping me progress towards a goal, and then I changed that diet and immediately stopped seeing said progress, guess what I'd do?

cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000) cerigitts is just really nice. (+1000)

**** the ****ing bed !!

you've made all this up for the sake of 1 lb gained ? if you are so sure you've been in a deficit you'd should know that it won't be fat gained.

/facepalm

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cerigitts View Post
    **** the ****ing bed !!

you've made all this up for the sake of 1 lb gained ? if you are so sure you've been in a deficit you'd should know that it won't be fat gained.

/facepalm
    There's a saying, "you can't fix stupid", that's a bit harsh but this guy already had his mind made up. The answer he wants but didn't get is that diet soda is making him plateau or even gain weight. If only it were that easy to shut the metabolic switch.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

Sucks at lifting TheTh0rnWithin's Avatar
    TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheTh0rnWithin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you seriously that addicted to diet sodas that you can't kick them? Jesus christ just drink water or something.

somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somairalam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It can be. I've heard diet soda messes with your insulin response.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ****iralam View Post
    It can be. I've heard diet soda messes with your insulin response.
    Nope it doesn't.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beaR1114 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I definitely feel like I have to weigh in here because I feel like you are in the EXACT same position as I was awhile ago.

About 5 years ago I was 260lbs and 30+% bodyfat. I would drink probably 1-2 2L bottles of coke a day. It was horrible but I was so addicted to pop that when I tried to quit I would actually get symptoms of withdrawal. So I instantly switched to coke zero and slowly lowered the amount I was drinking. I ended up dropping to, like you, about 10 cans a day in the span of about 3 months. In those 3 months I lost about 15-20lbs. I didnt change anything else in my diet, hell I hadn't been in a gym at that time.

Now when I cut, I still rock coke zero ALL the time and still consistently lose weight. It is horrible for you in general at the amounts we drink, but in terms of weight control it has always been calories in vs calories out. Obviously everyones biological makeup is different and you may gain weight with pepsi max, but in terms of the general public, it doesnt hinder fat loss.