YeahLoG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

4 Weeks and no progress. What am I doing wrong?

Hi guys,

It's my second post here. So I started going to the gym 4 weeks back and I have been working really hard since then. I am following Lee Labrada's 12 week lean body plan. I have been tracking my diet very accurately and really pushing myself at the gym. I haven't missed a single workout. I saw some progress in the first 2 weeks, but nothing after that. I have decided to take photos every 4 weeks. Here are my stats -

Age - 25
    Height 5' 5"
    Start weight - 159.17 lb
    Weight after 2 weeks - 154.98
    Weight after 4 weeks - 156.52

Diet Stats -
    Calorie intake - 1500 to 1600 cals

Macros -
    Proteins - 120 to 130 g
    Carbohydrates - 130 to 140 g
    Fats - 45 g (8-10 g saturated fats)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50) bhurlburt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This stuff doesn't happen overnight.. it takes a lot of time.
    Bench: 385

Squat: 505

Deadlift: 585

Lift it RAW!

Total= 1,475

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Op is blind, I see huge stomach difference in one of those pics, also op you didn't gain the weight in 4 weeks and op get realistic. Normally takes 6 weeks to notice any differences but also op, you need to consider visceral fat, and op good luck.

Also op weight fluctuates day to day, did you weigh yourself at same time under same conditions.

Originally Posted by dj924s View Post
    Are you trying to lose weight, or gain muscle?
    Losing fat is my main goal.

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Op is blind, I see huge stomach difference in one of those pics, also op you didn't gain the weight in 4 weeks and op get realistic. Normally takes 6 weeks to notice any differences but also op, you need to consider visceral fat, and op good luck.

Also op weight fluctuates day to day, did you weigh yourself at same time under same conditions.
    I always thought that its subcutaneous fat because all the fat is soft and squishy that will lead to loose skin. And yes the photos are taken at the same conditions right after waking up.

CBTB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post

As Jun has said, there is a major difference in the stomach area. Personally, I think keep go as you are going and you see major changes in maybe 3-4months down the line. A key note to remember is that it does take a while for your body to burn fat, and do not fall into supplement companies traps by buying fat burners, etc. This will just put your body at risk.

Like you I was looking at evaluating my progress every four weeks, however I found that this can be demotivating. I personally think that evaluating your body every 2-3months is more beneficial to not only your mental game, but also your physical game.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by CBTB View Post
    As Jun has said, there is a major difference in the stomach area. Personally, I think keep go as you are going and you see major changes in maybe 3-4months down the line. A key note to remember is that it does take a while for your body to burn fat, and do not fall into supplement companies traps by buying fat burners, etc. This will just put your body at risk.

Like you I was looking at evaluating my progress every four weeks, however I found that this can be demotivating. I personally think that evaluating your body every 2-3months is more beneficial to not only your mental game, but also your physical game.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice. And yes I am not planning to go for any supplementation at the moment. May be I will start taking protein supplements once I have lost a lot of fat and start building muscle.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pretty noticeable stomach reduction but you're diet is too low in fat intake and that is a bad routine.

NUTRITION

This is the largest factor in your success, learn the basics to get started and then move into more advanced if needed.

BASICS
    Spoiler!

Sources and More Information

TRAINING

Start with a solid beginner routine, these are designed to get the most for you; they are designed by professionals and use progressive overload. Read through them and pick the one you like most, follow it as it is written.

Why You Should Not Make Your Own Routine
    How To Perform Basic Lifts

Routines
    Starting Strength
    BabyLover's Starting Strength
    AllPro's Beginner Routine
    StrongLifts 5x5
    IceCream Fitness 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Coolcicada's Push Pull Legs

Calisthenics routines
    Spoiler!

SUPPLEMENTS

Remember one thing, supplements are only that; they supplement something and are never meant to be replacements. A multivitamin will not replace fruits and vegetables, a fat burner will not replace a caloric deficit, and a meal replacement is not meant to be your only source of calories.

This is a brief run down of the 'basics', for further breakdowns of specific ingredients (like Yohimbe, Forskolin, Glycerol, ect) more research on your part would be needed.

Protein
    Spoiler!

Multi-Vitamins
    Spoiler!

Fish Oil
    Spoiler!

Creatine
    Spoiler!

BCAAs
    Spoiler!

Fat Burners
    Spoiler!

Pre-Workouts
    Spoiler!

Meal Replacements/Mass Gainer
    Spoiler!

CLA
    Spoiler!

Glutamine
    Spoiler!
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000) Torcida1911 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I disagree with the few people that posted here saying they can see a difference in the stomach area.. I can't see any difference at all. Not trying to knock you ofcourse but you need to make some changes. Be honest with your diet. Most people post and write up routines of this and that but don't add any snacks or sauces or this n that they consume daily which all adds up.

Looking at your macros you consume roughly 1500 calories per day.

Judging by those pictures, there is no way. 0 % chance that this is accurate or that you stuck with it.

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    4 weeks in?...Post again for a year...Deuces
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Pretty noticeable stomach reduction but you're diet is too low in fat intake and that is a bad routine.
    Thanks a lot for that detailed post! I just have 2 questions. To calculate the BMR, I need to know my body fat %. I don't know my body fat %. From what I have measured (using skinfold calipers), my body fat comes to 24-25%. But from the reference photos that I checked online, I have a feeling that I might be more than 30%.

The second thing is, I checked out most of the routines that you posted, and all of them have similar exercises to the Lee Labrada routine. Should I just stop following the current routine and start some of the basic ones?

Originally Posted by Torcida1911 View Post
    I disagree with the few people that posted here saying they can see a difference in the stomach area.. I can't see any difference at all. Not trying to knock you ofcourse but you need to make some changes. Be honest with your diet. Most people post and write up routines of this and that but don't add any snacks or sauces or this n that they consume daily which all adds up.

Looking at your macros you consume roughly 1500 calories per day.

Judging by those pictures, there is no way. 0 % chance that this is accurate or that you stuck with it.
    I am pretty sure that the food that I am tracking is very accurate because I cook my own food for the week and I measure all the ingredients in it using a scale. I have even made a recipe for my morning coffee in the app (myfitnesspal). I don't eat out because I am a broke university student. The only thing that might be inaccurate is the fruits that I eat as snacks, 2 fruits everyday, either apples or bananas.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by YeahLoG View Post
    Thanks a lot for that detailed post! I just have 2 questions. To calculate the BMR, I need to know my body fat %. I don't know my body fat %. From what I have measured (using skinfold calipers), my body fat comes to 24-25%. But from the reference photos that I checked online, I have a feeling that I might be more than 30%.

The second thing is, I checked out most of the routines that you posted, and all of them have similar exercises to the Lee Labrada routine. Should I just stop following the current routine and start some of the basic ones?
    Body fat does look about 30% or so, so just go with that and adjust based on results; the calculators just provide a starting point and you add/subtract calories based on results.

Yes a beginner routine would be far better, and you would likely be able to progress (gain strength) as a beginner even while in a deficit.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just stay in a clean calorie deficit man and it will come off. Everyone's body adjusts differently while in a training /diet mode. Just make sure all your carbs are good carbs and you could always keto really hard to kick your fat burning engine into overdrive . lots of cardio and water water and more water. The results will come and don't weigh but once a week at the minimum the scale mind ****s you at times. So stay away from mind traps...

Last but not least the most important thing for you to have PATIENCE. Just stay the course and keep yoiur mind focused on you living and eating healthy and the weight will disapear

starocean121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starocean121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starocean121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starocean121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually I can see differences then and now. Keep going OP, maintaining what you are doing, if not more intense workout.

If you are aiming to cut down, do more cardio, go running etc.
    If you are aiming to gain muscle, then you are eating too little.

I encourage you to cut down first, then do a clean bulk to gain more muscle mass.

Whatever it is, there's progress base on the pictures. Be PATIENT. you will get there.
    Train hard!

Follow me in IG @ johnsonfitness for my progress updates!

Thanks a lot for all the motivation guys. Now I am just confused whether I should complete my current 12 week routine, or start fresh from one of the beginner's routines?

If i decide to change my routine, I will most probably go for StrongLifts 5x5 routine and add 30 mins of cardio on training days as well as rest days. Currently I do 3 days of cardio 30 mins each, burning around 350 cals per cardio session according to the machine.

alexwaston has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://watch68.net

Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000) Z257Z is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like there's a difference to me. 4 weeks is not a lot of time. It's gonna take a lot of time and a lot of patience to get to where you want to be. We're talking years, not weeks. Be patient and be persistent.

abdounet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly speaking I did not see any difference like others said!!!
    Probably your slow progress is due to:
    No enough sleep
    No protein taken
    Bad diet ( junk food, soda ... Oily stuff ..)
    Or you don't work hard in the gym. Many guys go gym and keep chit chat with each other or keeping posing in front of the mirrors.
    The gym is not for the social stuff it is for the pain.

Revise what I have mentioned above.
    Put in your mind is depends of your blood and activities. Some take 4 weeks to feel changes when others need months ..

All the best .

NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NinjaBoots is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bhurlburt View Post
    This. And a lot of hard work.