comanaut has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want to thank you. (100 lbs transformation)

This time last year, I saw a picture of myself and I vowed to never stand in front of a camera again. After achieving years clean from a crippling heroin addiction, I found that I had put down the drug spoon only to replace it with a fork. I was eating whole family size boxes of cereal in cooking pots on a regular basis. I was stuffing my face before bed and breathing in my own regurgitated food while I slept, leading to 911 calls and a feeling of doom and panic when I did the very same thing the next day. I had a newborn daughter and I would completely ignore the reality that I was going to leave her to grow up without me very soon.

My final moment was when I found myself on tour in England. I was hiking through castles and cathedrals and witnessing some of the most incredible things I had ever seen. Gorgeous landscapes, 1500 year old architecture, and one of the oldest cathedrals in the world. I was hiking through Dover Castle and I got to the top on the verge of death, seeing stars and wondering how an ambulance could reach me at the top of a castle. An elderly woman was already taking in the view, and as I was doubled over fighting for oxygen, she turned to me and said

"Breathtaking, isn't it."

It hit me so hard. She was referring to the view of the country of France visible over the water, but the fact that I couldn't breathe in that moment possessed a sense of irony that cut through me.

I came to this site for hope and for a solution. I poured over every transformation blog, diet plan, and workout routine I could find. I chose to start with Couch to 5K and a Paleo diet. I couldn't run for 60 seconds when I started. I took a good while, but I'm proud to say I ran my first official 5K on August 27th with a time of 23.4 minutes. I have lost 100 pounds in the last 9 months.

I have become the weird ass father that takes his shoes off at the indoor playground and crawls through the tubes chasing my daughter. I can carry her on my shoulders as I introduce her to everything in our world for the very first time.

I thank you all for your willingness to be honest and share your pains as well as your gains. I didn't want to move forward without putting in the time to express my gratitude properly.

You saved my life.
    ]
    -Steve

PS- I've attached the before/after image below, but I'm not at the required post count to embed. I'd appreciate if someone could embed it in a reply
    Attached Images

mljlj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

I want to thank you for sharing your success
    cheers

HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) HenryPrudent has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    wow is that really you? it's unbelievable, I mean had I saw you in that previous avatar and if I see you today in your new avatar I guarantee you I won't recognize you, you look so slim and good. Congrats mate.

letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50) letsgettoned will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Holy smokes you look amazing!!!! You should be SO proud of yourself!!! Keep up the good work!

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Addiction is a hard fight.

Great job and glad you found your why.

Hope you have many many happy years together.

SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Incredible! Nice work.

MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50) MSeeton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Amazing transformation man, good work