KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Waking up sore/stiff every day

Hey guys not 35 yet but figured you guys might have more exp than the younger ones. Basically, pretty sure I have lordosis from sitting too much, and I think it manifests in sleeping as well as I wake up and my lower back is stiff and it hurts to move for about the first hour.

Is this just 'typical' for getting older or any experience?

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KMadigan777 View Post
    Hey guys not 35 yet but figured you guys might have more exp than the younger ones. Basically, pretty sure I have lordosis from sitting too much, and I think it manifests in sleeping as well as I wake up and my lower back is stiff and it hurts to move for about the first hour.

It is a sign of being out of shape or an injury. Consult your doctor.

If you are not injured, take time to do things to create a healthy back. Do deadlifts and squats. Stretch, run, activate the glutes, and touch your toes. Start doing it now. If you are out of shape, it will be harder to do later.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thats not a sign of getting older, especially at your young age, that is a sign of a bad back regardless of age. Get the mind set of getting old out of your head and "fix" your problem. That is NOT a sign of aging at all.
    On the list for Bannukah

KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KMadigan777 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok thanks guys. What kind of squats work the glutes the best?

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ok thanks guys. What kind of squats work the glutes the best?
    What?
    On the list for Bannukah

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm constantly stiff and sore but based on what I see around here I now know that it's not just getting old. Majority of people around here, including BH in this thread, claim no pain or stiffness even from sitting all day like I do.

I'm feeling better now than I have in many years and feel like I get better every week but I had to make major changes to not only how I lift but what I do the other 22 hours of the day.

The hardest thing to change was around paying much closer attention to my posture while sitting as well as getting up and moving around at least once per hour.

The other thing I've done is to incorporate pauses in ALL of my lifts in the stretch position.

Sitting ATG in a squat and making sure everything is in proper alignment has helped tremendously with my ankles, knees, hips and even shoulders and elbows. I found that trying to just pound through my reps meant that I couldn't focus at all on which muscles were working properly and which ones were not.

As an example, this is how I'm squatting now. It sucks to have such light weight but it is what it is I guess. Beyond really increasing my mobility, squatting with pauses like this have definitely helped me with learning how to stay tight which is key in properly engaging muscles.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    I'm constantly stiff and sore but based on what I see around here I now know that it's not just getting old. Majority of people around here, including BH in this thread, claim no pain or stiffness even from sitting all day like I do.

I'm feeling better now than I have in many years and feel like I get better every week but I had to make major changes to not only how I lift but what I do the other 22 hours of the day.

The hardest thing to change was around paying much closer attention to my posture while sitting as well as getting up and moving around at least once per hour.

The other thing I've done is to incorporate pauses in ALL of my lifts in the stretch position.

Sitting ATG in a squat and making sure everything is in proper alignment has helped tremendously with my ankles, knees, hips and even shoulders and elbows. I found that trying to just pound through my reps meant that I couldn't focus at all on which muscles were working properly and which ones were not.

As an example, this is how I'm squatting now. It sucks to have such light weight but it is what it is I guess. Beyond really increasing my mobility, squatting with pauses like this have definitely helped me with learning how to stay tight which is key in properly engaging muscles.

I don't want to come across as not feeling any stiffness or soreness. I am currently going through a little tweak in my back that I working through. As Mr. Nismo states, this is not a sign of getting older or something we need to learn to cope with, it is a sign that we need to work on flexiblity, form, strength, or all three.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do a walking/yoga routine every morning, lots of stretching for the pelvis and back. I'm in better shape at 56 than most high school students. I think most of your problem is probably short hip flexors. I'd talk with a good physical therapist about this.

blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10) blondechic451 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I get stiff in my low back and sometimes I can't hardly straighten it. The more I sit, the worse it gets. I have degenerative disc disease, started in my late 20, and a bulging disc there. My entire back is messed up. I also sit too much because I have chronic fatigue. I would highly recommend going to the doctor and getting an x-ray. Your back shouldn't hurt all the time unless there is something wrong. Especially to wake up stiff. Could be arthritic.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    One thing that might help is a set of body weight squats, commonly known as knee bends, done at random intervals throughout the day. Just get up from time to time and loosen up with full range of motion body movements.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire