esedlock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

DOMS after Day 15 of Jamie Eason's Livefit

I have been lifting weights 2 times a week and doing cardio (running, etc.) 3 times a week for years. I just started Jamie Eason's LiveFit program and I am on Day 17. My legs are incredibly sore (crazy sore) from Day 15. I am concerned about doing legs tomorrow (Day 18) since I am weak with soreness. Should I wait until I am not so sore or should I just reduce weight? If I wait, how long? Should I wait until I am completely pain free? I weigh 135 and am 5'5". Thanks for the help!

CBrien35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by esedlock View Post
    I have been lifting weights 2 times a week and doing cardio (running, etc.) 3 times a week for years. I just started Jamie Eason's LiveFit program and I am on Day 17. My legs are incredibly sore (crazy sore) from Day 15. I am concerned about doing legs tomorrow (Day 18) since I am weak with soreness. Should I wait until I am not so sore or should I just reduce weight? If I wait, how long? Should I wait until I am completely pain free? I weigh 135 and am 5'5". Thanks for the help!
    I experienced this back in June when I had a trainer that had me use the angled leg press. It was the first time I had used this one I always used the seated leg press up till then. My quads were so sore the next day I had a hard time walking up and down my stairs at home. I was sore like this for a whole week. I waited for one week to do legs and used the angled leg press again. Although a little sore I was never that sore again.
    I would wait at least one week to do legs again. Jamie Eason's program has you working out 5 days in a row with two leg days. this may be too much for you right now as you were only lifting two days a week before. See how you feel next week after doing the program. If still really sore you may want to try another program or use lighter weights.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    DOMS tends to get better with frequency. If you wait too long to lift again, you may just end up equally sore. Push through it for your next leg day, and you should see a decrease. Usually working out with DOMS hurts at first, but by the end of the workout I already feel better.

Though I will state for the record, I'm not a fan of this program for newbies. There are better ones.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs