imweak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lagging Shoulders

My lateral delts have given me trouble since ive started lifting.... I work them out as much as everything else but they wont grow... another thing ive noticed is that they are never sore... does anybody have any tips or good excercises i could try

currently i do 2 sets of uprights, 2 lat raises , and 2 cable raises
    im weak

jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000) jhov is a name known to all. (+5000)
    clean and press
    laterals/ cuban rotation
    incline side laterals
    plyometric laterals
    choose 3 of the above movements and do them for about 6 sets tota bro.

i do :
    clean and press 2sets
    cuban rotation 1set
    laterals 1set
    rear laterals 1set
    then i go home and eat

all done heavy and with good form ofcourse. tha should knock the snot out of those deltoids
    peace
    j

p.s. drop uprigt rows bro, bad for the rc

Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000) Zen_Lifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    i wouldnt worry about the soreness, my shoulders never get sore either, but are probably now one of my best bodyparts.

I've alwaysed based by shoulder workouts around db miliary and bb military presses followed by some lateral and rear delt work.

However, my shoulders really exploded when I switched to cable laterals (bringing the cable across my body) and bent over cable lateral raises...it seriously made a visually noticeable difference in just a few weeks. Most likely because of the tension being applied throughout the entire movement. And since I find it easier to keep perfect form.

Now my shoulder workout looks something like this....

3 sets db military press
    3 sets cable laterals
    3 sets of bent over cable laterals

I like to combine shoulders with traps...so I follow this up with
    4 sets of bb shrugs

and then call it a day. You really should be doing at least some presses if you want your shoulders to grow.
    Last edited by Zen_Lifter; 09-28-2003 at 10:54 AM.
    "Change is Inevitable, Progress Isn't"

rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rurkster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Always start off with some kind of overhead freewieght press.

Albeit DB press, BB press, pushpress, etc.

I find that one-arm dumbell laterals really let me focus of each shoulder much better than two-arm db laterals.

Top it off with a few sets of front raises and your good to go.

That is what I am doing right now and its working great for me.

cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cuttinphat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    plyometrics worked good for my shoulders which lagged for awhile

Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Boxer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Lagging Shoulders

Originally posted by imweak
    My lateral delts have given me trouble since ive started lifting.... I work them out as much as everything else but they wont grow... another thing ive noticed is that they are never sore... does anybody have any tips or good excercises i could try

currently i do 2 sets of uprights, 2 lat raises , and 2 cable raises
    I may have a lagging chest but my shoulders our deffo a strong point

machine press ( bars infront of the shoulder, like close grip pull ups, this hits ur front delts ) 10 x 4

side raises 10 x 4

seated behind the neck barbell press 10 x 4

seat front raises 10 x 4
    }superset
    kneeling upright rows 10 x 10

have only 30 seconds rest between each set.

islandbuilt2001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try to drop some weight and add more reps. focus on each excercise. front and lateral raises are finishing movements so you won't have to go so heavy. Use more of the cable excercises.

Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Softmuscled is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i had bad shoulders too, now they are my best and strongest upper bodypart. Do alot of anold presses, behind the back presses and power cleans. Since i dont have a squat rack, i gotta lift the weight up to my back, thus i do alot of powercleaning. This gave me massive shoudlers, they now overpower everything!!!