Thread: Vegan Protien

Gdore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vegan Protien

I have been vegan for about 6 months now and I am mostly a raw vegan, every now and then I allow myself cooked foods.
    I have Garden of Life- Raw Fit protein powder and I was wondering if this will help me lose fat?

I am already fit except in my stomach.
    I know I don't get enough protein, but I was wondering if this is good protein or if I should consider something else?

I workout daily... for about an hour to an hour and a half from cardio to lifting, but the only thing I see if the scale dropping and no results.

Any advice on how to lose the belly fat with vegan protein or if upping my protein will help lose this last fat?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Losing fat comes down to a calorie deficit and proper training to retain muscle.

How much protein are you getting in right now? I'd aim for .8g/lb if you aren't already.

The protein powder you have now looks fine to me.

How long have you been losing weight? Often the place you want to lose fat takes the longest. You may just need to be more patient.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Track your calories. Know your TDE. Eat in a caloric deficit and you will lose weight.

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Losing fat comes down to a calorie deficit and proper training to retain muscle.

How much protein are you getting in right now? I'd aim for .8g/lb if you aren't already.

The protein powder you have now looks fine to me.

How long have you been losing weight? Often the place you want to lose fat takes the longest. You may just need to be more patient.

I would estimate that my calorie intake is around 800-900, I know this is low, but I am always full after I eat my fruit and vegetables. It's hard to get enough calories.
    I have been losing weight since around March; I've lost around 30-35 pounds I would say.

Originally Posted by mtownballer20 View Post
    Track your calories. Know your TDE. Eat in a caloric deficit and you will lose weight.
    Right now I am eating around 800-900
    My BMR is 1414 and TDE is 2282.

Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Driven2liftv2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^if that is true, you are losing weight.
    IMO, at too much of a deficit.

The protein you are using will not matter whatsoever, just your total caloric intake, and macronutrients after that.
    PEScience representative and associate.
    Feel free to PM or email me with any and all associated questions.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/physique-enhancing-science.html
    https://pescience.com/insider

Instagram- Whey2Bake

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The undereating is not helping. That in conjunction with the low protein means you're losing more muscle than necessary. You want to retain LBM so that the weight you lose is fat.

If you get too full from your diet, then eat some foods that are less satiating.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you feel like your stomach looks big, there may be issues with your posture, some of the foods you are eating can be causing excess gas, carbonated beverages.

how tall are you? how much do you weigh? do you know what percentage body fat you are currently at?
    Last edited by JoeTinpan; 08-04-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    ****St. Jude/FedEx Classic Donation Thread****
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173739861

First its 1 scoop of pre-workout, then its 3, then you don't even know if you're on it anymore

Philippians 4:13

That evil 3 letter store which must not be named.....

Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Gdore View Post
    I have been vegan for about 6 months now and I am mostly a raw vegan, every now and then I allow myself cooked foods.
    I have Garden of Life- Raw Fit protein powder and I was wondering if this will help me lose fat?

I am already fit except in my stomach.
    I know I don't get enough protein, but I was wondering if this is good protein or if I should consider something else?

I workout daily... for about an hour to an hour and a half from cardio to lifting, but the only thing I see if the scale dropping and no results.

Any advice on how to lose the belly fat with vegan protein or if upping my protein will help lose this last fat?
    If you're raw vegan, you should STOP working out immediately, otherwise you will have serious problems with liver, kidneys and hell knows what else. If you don't consume enough animal protein or protein in general (and your body requires a lot of protein to repair damaged muscle, which are just as valid internal organs of yours as anything else), your organism will snatch it from organs that are not in immediate need of it. First goes blood hemoglobin (very short term), then liver, kidneys etc

P.S. By working out here I mean weight lifting activities. Cardio may do some benefit to you, but I wouldn't risk it - more like you need to concentrate on yoga, golf, chess, poker...

JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JoeTinpan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sergei82 View Post
    If you're raw vegan, you should STOP working out immediately, otherwise you will have serious problems with liver, kidneys and hell knows what else. If you don't consume enough animal protein or protein in general (and your body requires a lot of protein to repair damaged muscle, which are just as valid internal organs of yours as anything else), your organism will snatch it from organs that are not in immediate need of it. First goes blood hemoglobin (very short term), then liver, kidneys etc

P.S. By working out here I mean weight lifting activities. Cardio may do some benefit to you, but I wouldn't risk it - more like you need to concentrate on yoga, golf, chess, poker...

You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I take it you have never met any successful vegans who consistently lift and do cardio. You can easily consume enough protein as a vegan, although it will require more planning. A couple of scoops throughout the day of his Raw Fit should provide a decent amount of protein without the rest of the food he is eating. If you factor in all the different veggies/fruits/nuts/beans/grains, and everything else, he can get enough. The main things a non vegan gets that are harder for vegans to get are B12 (should be taken as methyl B12, minimum 1000 mcG daily), and if he wants to put on a good amount of muscle, Leucine (which can be found in good vegan powders like Raw Fusion/Vega Sport, not sure of the amino acid profile of Garden of Life).

The B12 specifically is imperative for living as a healthier vegan.

First its 1 scoop of pre-workout, then its 3, then you don't even know if you're on it anymore

Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sergei82 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by JoeTinpan View Post
    You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I take it you have never met any successful vegans who consistently lift and do cardio. You can easily consume enough protein as a vegan, although it will require more planning. A couple of scoops throughout the day of his Raw Fit should provide a decent amount of protein without the rest of the food he is eating. If you factor in all the different veggies/fruits/nuts/beans/grains, and everything else, he can get enough. The main things a non vegan gets that are harder for vegans to get are B12 (should be taken as methyl B12, minimum 1000 mcG daily), and if he wants to put on a good amount of muscle, Leucine (which can be found in good vegan powders like Raw Fusion/Vega Sport, not sure of the amino acid profile of Garden of Life).

The B12 specifically is imperative for living as a healthier vegan.
    I have A LOT of "idea" on that since I saw quite a number of vegans myself. And I'm not coming up with what I said out of nothing - just repeating my doctor. But, of course, no doubt, JoeTinpan, you are MUCH smarter than all doctors combined, you read A LOT of information from livestrong and know everything better than anyone.

I have A LOT of "idea" on that since I saw quite a number of vegans myself. And I'm not coming up with what I said out of nothing - just repeating my doctor. But, of course, no doubt, JoeTinpan, you are MUCH smarter than all doctors combined, you read A LOT of information from livestrong and know everything better than anyone.

Repeating your doctor? Because doctors are the end all be all? Most doctors would go nuts with the protein numbers the members of this site consume. They would bring up kidney issues and other health problems that "might" happen. And no, I do not read Livestrong, I am someone who lives with digestive problems every single day of my life. I have seen 6 different doctors in the last year alone to compare notes between them (MD, DO, ND) and make sure I am doing the right things for my body.

Oats have a decent amount of protein, as do almonds, as does quinoa, as do multiple beans. 1 cup of each of those will be 40-50 grams of protein in a day. That isn't even including other veggies and fruits.

As to your idiotic comments about the posters body breaking down since they are vegan, you can easily go to YouTube and search Vegan Bodybuilding and a ton of results will pop up. Perhaps you should message them and tell them that they should probably stop being vegan since their bodies will break down.

Like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR_XfQ4je9s

You can also message the people in this clip and tell them their bodies look terrible: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f-fMN2v8Uk
    Last edited by JoeTinpan; 08-04-2016 at 10:37 PM.

blah...
    "As to your idiotic comments" you get rid of digestive problems first, then give nutritional advice to other people.

Oh, btw, the place for the greatest amount of anabolism to happen in the organism is NOT muscles, it is digestive system (got completely renewed every 4 days). Ulceration is common if you consume not enough protein or protein of poor quality. Think about that.

Also, small note, things like almonds do indeed contain some protein, but:
    1) poor quality,
    2) very rough and impossible to digest unless you grind it into paste or boil it before eating,
    3) lots of components that bind digestive ferments and not allow nuts to be digested (evolutionary they should go through animal's digestive tract intact and sprout in a pile of manure)

Legumes also low quality and bind digestive enzymes.

Also all vegans I saw looked like sh@t regardless of physical activity. That alone is a significant indicator.
    Last edited by Sergei82; 08-04-2016 at 11:55 PM.

I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Unless you can perform some form of magic to replace removed organs, my digestive system will never be the same as any healthy person.

With your logic on those forms of protein being inferior, are you also saying that the vegan proteins for sale on this site are useless?

Also, I'm not vegan, but I believe that vegans can accomplish a lot.

Here's another website you should probably contact about their bodies breaking down from bodybuilding:

Veganbodybuilding.com

Let them know their site is a sham and only endangering people.

EDIT: more info

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/justin2.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler53.htm

One of the most respected nutritional minds in all of bodybuilding, Alan Aragon, although I did not double check to make sure this is what he said:

Last edited by JoeTinpan; 08-05-2016 at 10:13 AM.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This thread needs more red. Summoning the Dealers of Red!

1) Joetinpan is correct, most everyone else here is wrong.

2) Eat more, but still in deficit.

3) Lift heavy to maintain muscle while cutting

4) Raw is not all it's cracked up to be. Many nutrients are more easily absorbed from cooked food than raw.

5) be sure you keep your protein up. That protein is fine, sure, but very expensive. I'd be happy to send you samples of Rawfusion, if you'd like to compare.
    ~ Roast Master, Resident Coffee Warlock~
    www.westcoastroasting.com
    -- Use 'MISC' for a discount! --

Disclaimer: sit there and let it bleed.

PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PricePlow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gdore View Post
    Right now I am eating around 800-900
    My BMR is 1414 and TDE is 2282.
    I'm willing to say that if you do this for too long, you're going to slow and lower your metabolism to the point of misery.

Your body can't run in this kind of deficit forever. It will find ways to conserve energy, mostly by not spending so much. Nobody wants to be that low-energy of a person...

When I see vegans who are losing hair at abnormal rates and looking like skeletons... I imagine it's these kinds of diets doing the trick.
    Founder of PricePlow - Bodybuilding.com Affiliate
    - We are not owned by any supplement manufacturer
    -- Any opinion stated about any product / brand is my own

Dude, those vegan "bodybuilders" in your videos look like cr@p! Unlike them I look like a bodybuilder.

I am human, not a cow or a horse.