WizardlyWolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question I'm failing tremendously - pls help

Basically, for 2 months now i've been trying to bulk after doing a 4 month Cut and losing 4 stone of fat (im not 14 stone now, 182cm tall) however for the past 2 months ive been increasing my calories and eating well but i have just simply not been able to put on weight despite the fact that im eating 4200 calories a day when my maintenance is supposedly 3200 calories.

I am constantly switching back and forth from 88kg - 91kg, never going above or below that. All of my lifts have gone up massively in the past 2 months and i feel like i have gained SOME muscle but not nearly as much as i could be. I have one more month left before i was planning on going on another cut before Uni starts can you give me some advice on what i could do to salvage this last month of bulking

Current Macros:
    Carbs - 473g
    Protein - 210g
    Fat - 163g

The food i eat varies from tuna pasta and sweetcorn, Chicken rice and mixed Veg, steak and new potatoes with mixed veg, toasted BP sandwiches, the occasional subway, beef burgers ect stuff that shouldnt be hindering me but actually getting me fat. and obviously i cheat every now and again with the occasional Pizza. (can post more below)

what's surprising me the most is that im not even putting on water weight as im drinking 1 gallon of water a day (which is a lot for me)

im lifting 6 times a week on the arnold blueprint (on this website) and do cardio at the beginning of most of my sessions

tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tc1203 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sounds about right taking in that many cals. lifting 6 times a week is quite a lot so you're going to need a lot. I'm taking in almost the same amount rn. however, it is possible you aren't tracking correctly. if you are maintaining weight add 300 cals

JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JAnderson512 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It sounds to me (if you're tracking calories correctly and hitting those calories every single day) that you have a very adaptable metabolism. That's a pretty high amount of calories for someone at your weight to not be gaining any weight.

First off I'd increase your protein to 250, lower fat to 140 and then adjust your carbs accordingly. Just my opinion though...

Next if you're tracking calories correctly the only thing to do is to increase your calories with more carbs. You should go up very slowly though because your metabolism seems very adaptable, increase carbs 25-50 each week to move slowly up.

Also every 4-6 weeks maybe lower calories by 500 per day for 2 weeks. This will help keep you lean and allow for you to take advantage of some high calorie cutting. Then when you increase carbs again you will gain easier again.

BudgetGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WizardlyWolf View Post
    Basically, for 2 months now i've been trying to bulk after doing a 4 month Cut and losing 4 stone of fat (im not 14 stone now, 182cm tall) however for the past 2 months ive been increasing my calories and eating well but i have just simply not been able to put on weight despite the fact that im eating 4200 calories a day when my maintenance is supposedly 3200 calories.

I am constantly switching back and forth from 88kg - 91kg, never going above or below that. All of my lifts have gone up massively in the past 2 months and i feel like i have gained SOME muscle but not nearly as much as i could be. I have one more month left before i was planning on going on another cut before Uni starts can you give me some advice on what i could do to salvage this last month of bulking

Current Macros:
    Carbs - 473g
    Protein - 210g
    Fat - 163g

The food i eat varies from tuna pasta and sweetcorn, Chicken rice and mixed Veg, steak and new potatoes with mixed veg, toasted BP sandwiches, the occasional subway, beef burgers ect stuff that shouldnt be hindering me but actually getting me fat. and obviously i cheat every now and again with the occasional Pizza. (can post more below)

what's surprising me the most is that im not even putting on water weight as im drinking 1 gallon of water a day (which is a lot for me)

im lifting 6 times a week on the arnold blueprint (on this website) and do cardio at the beginning of most of my sessions
    A few things you could try, 1 is supplements, not for everyone but they do work.
    Another is if you want to build mass then try overloading, what ever your currently reping say 20kg (45lbs) go up to 22.5-25 kg (50-55lbs) and do cheat reps, get the curl up any way you can haha get your back involved, your toes, your knee caps but then control the descent, its sounds strange but it does work, however this isnt a workout replacement, do this along with your normal work out, at some point during your normal sets add in a few overloaded cheat reps.
    Something else you could try is carb loading before a work out, and then adding carbs to your post workout shake.
    The last thing I can think of right now is when you are doing your reps, say a set of 12 and you get to the end of your set, add in a couple of extra reps, really make your muscles scream, not every set of course but if you get to the end of a set and you feel like you can do more then why stop? rep till it hurts then do 2 more.
    If your problems are weighing you down, lift them, its all gains at the end of the day

WizardlyWolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This has been very helpful, thanks guys i'll try out your suggestions and if they work and i start to gain weight i'll probably keep on bulking for a month or two

would adding a bowl of porridge before i go to bed at night be helpful at all? im going to try carb loading to see if that has much of an impact