Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ebrah View Post
    Strong KSHMR_Ambiance_03_-_Space_Call__Dm_ at the start of Dream.

I'm guilty of abusing KSHMR's packs as well but I think songs sound better when you can't immediately recognize a sample from a popular pack.

Like others have said, Dream is the better track. The first one you posted sounds pretty generic. It's so important now to try different techniques/sounds to set yourself apart. Even your song names and artist name are pretty uncreative, no offense.

I've been producing for a few years now in FL Studio and have DJ'd a couple small gigs.
    Hey man! First off I really appreciate all of the insight and critique here, this is all unbelievable helpful for future work. I don't take any offense to any type of critique or opinion, my only goal is to keep getting better and I'd much rather hear honest from the heart opinions vs. something just to make someone feel good that's not actually helping them improve.

Made me lol that you ID'ed that sample perfectly, good ear man! In all serious though you made a good point and you are absolutely right as far as trying different techniques/sounds in order to make yourself distinct from others. Appreciate your thoughts on the moniker and song names too and I think you are right.

It's awesome that you are into producing too and already have some gigs under your belt! Do you have your music/gigs available online anywhere to check out, would love to give a listen man
    ★ ☆ ★ MISC Producer/DJ Crew ★ ☆ ★

https://soundcloud.com/ROBODROP

registered milf attractor KBrahz's Avatar
    KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBrahz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PisseninMisc View Post
    LA. Shoot me a PM if you're ever in town I'll take you to some cool spots.

The underground scene has kept going strong here for many years. Most weekends there are 2-4 warehouse parties. I'd give you the info but locations change frequently. Some of the promotions have expanded to doing really cool spots (i.e. penthouse downtown, warehouse right on the pier, etc.) but it's luck of the draw. I mostly go to house and techno shows, but other genres are happening too.
    Didn't realise you guys still had a strong underground scene over in the US. Do you literally mean a disused warehouse with a fat sound system in a corner? UK scene is pretty dead atm but it was raging a year or so ago, most warehouse parties were jungle, dnb, techno and psytrance. Blows any corporate pussy edm raves out of the water
    *Dry spell crew*
    *Ex Pron addict crew*

shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JaymzJ View Post
    I liked this dj mix dawg
    Awesome man, thanks

Here is a super rough preview of a new song recorded on my phone from instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJMIHS1DH2l/

Bump for ^

Just trying to get BIG SydneyJunkie's Avatar
    SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000) SydneyJunkie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shoobey View Post
    Bump for ^

That was pretty dope

kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10) kimbles is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KBrahz View Post
    Didn't realise you guys still had a strong underground scene over in the US. Do you literally mean a disused warehouse with a fat sound system in a corner? UK scene is pretty dead atm but it was raging a year or so ago, most warehouse parties were jungle, dnb, techno and psytrance. Blows any corporate pussy edm raves out of the water
    there are underground scenes all over the place in the US but there's certain areas where the scene is stronger than the rest like LA and NYC. not really cheese EDM though but more house (chicago, ny, detroit style), tech, acid, etc.

Beantown Goon - ST dot Boston03G35's Avatar
    Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boston03G35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Been listening for like 20 minutes to your Dubstep mixes from madd long ago, I like em. I actually liked first track better than Dream.
    Sit down and cry or crush what's in front of you. You can't do both. - Deenur

*US Army Veteran*
    *Boston Misc Crew*
    *Positive Crew*
    *Car Sales Crew*

R.I.P. JC - I love you little homie - 8/27/1995 - 9/20/2016

Originally Posted by Boston03G35 View Post
    Been listening for like 20 minutes to your Dubstep mixes from madd long ago, I like em. I actually liked first track better than Dream.
    I'm really glad you like those dubstep mixes man, that's when I was really starting to get into it!

Really appreciate the kind words on the song too, it's really interesting how everyone has different taste. That first track is much closer to my usual style, Dream was something completely different because I needed a little break from making festival bangers

Originally Posted by kimbles View Post
    there are underground scenes all over the place in the US but there's certain areas where the scene is stronger than the rest like LA and NYC. not really cheese EDM though but more house (chicago, ny, detroit style), tech, acid, etc.
    A local DJ here in Miami throws an island party once a month. The party is free and you just pay them for the boat ticket to take you to and from the shore to a tiny island with DJs. Not exactly a warehouse rave but it's pretty awesome! This was from one of them (was from pretty early in the day so not too crazy/packed yet):

Last edited by shoobey; 08-24-2016 at 03:59 PM.

SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat
    sup brah im also using ableton just got my hs8 monitors but the cables haven't come yet so can't use em the wait is killing me !!
    Don't advertise here

Originally Posted by SariMcat View Post
    sup brah im also using ableton just got my hs8 monitors but the cables haven't come yet so can't use em the wait is killing me !!
    So awesome Ableton brah, you must be so stoked! Did you already have monitors before this or going from comp speakers?

8's are so nice and amazing for mixing bass. I run 8's too but not as nice ones as the Yamaha's. I also have a 10 inch studio subwoofer monitor that I picked up off of Monoprice, really helps with making and mixing very bass heavy stuff!

SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat SariMcat
    So awesome Ableton brah, you must be so stoked! Did you already have monitors before this or going from comp speakers?

8's are so nice and amazing for mixing bass. I run 8's too but not as nice ones as the Yamaha's. I also have a 10 inch studio subwoofer monitor that I picked up off of Monoprice, really helps with making and mixing very bass heavy stuff!
    i started with my skull candy in ear headphones (poverty) then i upgraded to Audio technica mx50. so this will be my first time with monitors. i decided to get the monitors because i wasn't happy with my mix downs
    Don't advertise here

jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaygee15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tough biz, ive been producing for about 13 years
    It is better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees

a coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but one.

The odds are great
    But my spirit is strong,
    My faith unbreakable,
    My blood is pure.
    I SHALL ENDURE!
    I WILL ENDURE!

the strength of a gesture, a thought with no voice

DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ask away brahs!
    shoobey peep out my track https://soundcloud.com/donestevan/unmastered
    We're all gona make it brah!

Originally Posted by DonEstevan View Post
    This sounds incredible dude! That older Dinka style progressive house is one of my favorite styles and you did an awesome job modernizing it with a deep house vibe.

Your mixing sounds so clean too man, I'm really admiring your work on this. Let me know when you are done with the master, would love to hear the finished version!

If you don't mind sharing, would love to know what you did to get those percussion-like "tick" sound with the fast attacks on the top layer of the plucks when they come in for the intro and throughout the song

are there any official producer threads on here?
    Don't advertise here

DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50) DonEstevan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This sounds incredible dude! That older Dinka style progressive house is one of my favorite styles and you did an awesome job modernizing it with a deep house vibe.

Your mixing sounds so clean too man, I'm really admiring your work on this. Let me know when you are done with the master, would love to hear the finished version!

If you don't mind sharing, would love to know what you did to get those percussion-like "tick" sound with the fast attacks on the top layer of the plucks when they come in for the intro and throughout the song
    thanks man..took me like a month to get it where its at...thats just a little click/percussion pattern ..i had to eq it alot differently so it could stand out. i made this on torrented software and sylenth one.. i wish i had cash to buy real sounds n software..
    We're all gona make it brah!

fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Appreciate the support dude!

This one got the best reaction from listeners by far, it's a high energy festival friendly track that I made about 6 months ago:

https://soundcloud.com/robodrop/synergy

This one is my most recent and though it's not very club/festival friendly it's actually my favorite at the moment because it came straight from the heart

https://soundcloud.com/robodrop/dream
    The first one is pretty good but Dream is awesome...loved listening to that track!
    It's okay to be white
    MFC #33
    *reminder to neg mysterylifter on sight because he thinks it's NOT okay to be white*

fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DonEstevan View Post
    Good stuff!!
    It's okay to be white
    MFC #33
    *reminder to neg mysterylifter on sight because he thinks it's NOT okay to be white*

Originally Posted by fmylife4real View Post
    The first one is pretty good but Dream is awesome...loved listening to that track!
    I'm really glad you liked it man, thanks!

Originally Posted by SydneyJunkie View Post
    That was pretty dope
    Thanks man, this one is a lot of fun!

That sample got a big name DJ like today, super stoked!

Last edited by shoobey; 08-25-2016 at 08:44 AM.

are there any official producer threads on here?

This thread below was the official one and was started by none other than Monoverse, but looks like activity has dropped in recent years. Maybe time to start a new one?

PS you may see someone familiar in the first page here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1484343&page=1
    Last edited by shoobey; 08-25-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Originally Posted by jaygee15 View Post
    Tough biz, ive been producing for about 13 years
    What kind of music do you make man, would love to check it out

Sunday bump!

This thread below was the official one and was started by none other than Monoverse, but looks like activity has dropped in recent years. Maybe time to start a new one?

PS you may see someone familiar in the first page here

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1484343&page=1
    maybe should start a new one. I'm currently mixing a track and once mastering is done can i send you a pm for feedback?
    Don't advertise here

i make dat pussy tap out MulattoBrah7's Avatar
    MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MulattoBrah7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just LOL at EDM

Neg train incoming I know
    I touch myself at night crew

Originally Posted by MulattoBrah7 View Post
    Just LOL at EDM

just lol @ drake
    Don't advertise here

maybe should start a new one. I'm currently mixing a track and once mastering is done can i send you a pm for feedback?
    For sure man!

Originally Posted by MulattoBrah7 View Post
    Just LOL at EDM

to each their own brah