Registered User Stevenlovesrice's Avatar
    Stevenlovesrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing body fat (16.6% current)

Hi all,
    Currently pretty new to actually losing weight. I am 19, moderately athletic. Ran track and played football for a couple years. Weigh 169 currently at 5'8. I lifted a decent amount for sports but then got a girlfriend for a couple years and didnt lift at all. Broke up with her, went to college and gained a buttload of weight from drinking and joining a frat (peaked at 187). Earlier this year I decided that no way could I continue doing that so I decided to eat clean and start working out. I now weigh 169 and just did a hydrostatic body weight test and came in at 16.6% body fat.

Any tips for dropping down to 10%? I have no idea how much I should be eating and how much cardio I should be doing (lifting 5 times a week). Any tips for a relative newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Current pic of me flexing in my avi

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stevenlovesrice View Post
    Hi all,
    Currently pretty new to actually losing weight. I am 19, moderately athletic. Ran track and played football for a couple years. Weigh 169 currently at 5'8. I lifted a decent amount for sports but then got a girlfriend for a couple years and didnt lift at all. Broke up with her, went to college and gained a buttload of weight from drinking and joining a frat (peaked at 187). Earlier this year I decided that no way could I continue doing that so I decided to eat clean and start working out. I now weigh 169 and just did a hydrostatic body weight test and came in at 16.6% body fat.

Any tips for dropping down to 10%? I have no idea how much I should be eating and how much cardio I should be doing (lifting 5 times a week). Any tips for a relative newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Current pic of me flexing in my avi
    Looking good bro! More like 12% not 16%, if you really want to get to 10%, you must count your MACROS, and be very consistent every single day. Now your body will fight you for every pound of fat you try and lose. I'm surprised you haven't done this yet to get to where you are now. www.macronutrientcalculator.com is my source I use and of course www.cron-o-meter.com to keep track of nutrition. I tell people above 15%+ you don't have to be 100% accurate with counting macros/calories, but in your position, I highly recommend you learn how to be meticulous with your counting. Cardio isn't necessary, but it will help you with better cardiovascular health and give you benefits through your health. Keep lifting heavy, stay consistent with nutrition and the fat will fall off, rule of thumb for cutting, 1g of protein per 1lb of LBM, and 50g of fat, everything else is fair game to hit your macro goals.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, then search the nutritional sticky threads to go in depth.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    PS never skip leg day bro, it really limits your growth potential.

Registered User Stevenlovesrice's Avatar
    Stevenlovesrice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the help! I will definitely look at those websites. I truthfully have never counted macros or even calories really because I never have had too cut much. Just running a lot and eating clean has lost me a decent amount of weight, but I know it just gets harder from here on out.

Definitely was surprised though when I came out at 16.6%. But I hold most of my fat in my lower body so I guess it makes sense.

Originally Posted by Stevenlovesrice View Post
    Thanks for the help! I will definitely look at those websites. I truthfully have never counted macros or even calories really because I never have had too cut much. Just running a lot and eating clean has lost me a decent amount of weight, but I know it just gets harder from here on out.

Definitely was surprised though when I came out at 16.6%. But I hold most of my fat in my lower body so I guess it makes sense.
    Those electronic things are so inaccurate, you are not 16% or you'd look "fluffy" I hold all my weight in my lower back/butt/upper thighs, when I thought I was 12%, I was probably more like 14%, so you could be slightly higher than 12% but not 16%+ for sure.