meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Question protein during or after workout????

hey i was reading this article somewere here on the teenbodybuilding.com site and it said thats its always important to get protein after a workout cuz u feed your muscles and then the nutrients go thru your blood and when they go by the muscles it helps retain more size. But i was wondering if it would be better to take protein like in the middle of your workout so that way when you finish your stomach will have digested some of the protein vs after it would take longer and then while it processes the food your muscles start to kind of deflating. So is there any reason why not???? i mean i could eat my protein bar between sets...

Kutulus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    during the middle of ur workout...

well first off, i would hate to lug my protien shake stuff to the gym....

second... i would probably puke if i chugged that stuff down before my squats or something...

meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) meltedMnM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

LOL

LOL>..... but even if i had to puke and hold it....would that work best?

no

Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big H has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No..It would be pointless. Take protein after you workout.
    A> You will puke.
    B> Just sip on a gatorade for enery. No need to replenish protein why you are still tearing them down..

its best to take your protien after your workout...

protien shakes (if whey) are digested quickly, and put ur muscles in gear for protien synthesis...

Its best to do this after ur done tearin up ur muscles...

Do you see guys are your gym do a couple reps then step aside and pull out a gallon of milk, some powder and a spoon and start mixin?

I don't think so...

hahhhahaha

its really funny, im laughing my ass, yeah i get the point and no i didnt see anyone do that at the gym, i workout at home.
    later.

well if ur at home then thats different...

**** u can do concentration curls in one hand and in the other be downing a nice thick protien drink...

yummy...

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    after the workout. you have a 30-60 minute window period( depending on the individual) after a workout where you need to get in a certain amount of protein and simple carbs. your ripping your muscles apart when you lift and they need nutrients and all the right stuff. the reason we drink protein powder or weight gainers is that they are in liquid form, so they get to our muscles faster.

joe

illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) illustrious540 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you can handle drinkin a shake in the middle of your workout you aint trainin hard enough

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should actually wait 5-10 minutes after working out before having a protein shake anyways. Reason: the blood is still in your muscles and wont be ready to move to your stomach to digest it. Also, if you have a shake during lifting, forget it, not only will you puke, but again, the blood will leave your muscles not allowing for as much of a pump and less strength. This is also why most people lift an hour after eating.

Br

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    lol... Here's a rule of thumb for all you highly to follow.. whatever you do .. do NOT eat protien during a workout; the reasons being that your muscles and stomach would fight over the blood for who gets what share and as a result your heart would be left out and therefore no blood will go to your heart and you'll die.. yep, its true.

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yep, i didnt really think i needed to add that in cause im assuming most people on here dont drink their shakes immediatly afterwards.

hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hooty mcboobs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you mean I shouldn't be doing squats and eating a steak at the same time??? Damn, I've been doing everything wrong!

bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by meltedMnM View Post
    hey i was reading this article somewere here on the teenbodybuilding.com site and it said thats its always important to get protein after a workout cuz u feed your muscles and then the nutrients go thru your blood and when they go by the muscles it helps retain more size. But i was wondering if it would be better to take protein like in the middle of your workout so that way when you finish your stomach will have digested some of the protein vs after it would take longer and then while it processes the food your muscles start to kind of deflating. So is there any reason why not???? i mean i could eat my protein bar between sets...
    Take 20g's 30 minutes before. and 30-50g's afterwards. Do that and you should be set. Good Luck.
    I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
    ***I rep back***

l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by user87745477315471972481 View Post
    lol... Here's a rule of thumb for all you highly to follow.. whatever you do .. do NOT eat protien during a workout; the reasons being that your muscles and stomach would fight over the blood for who gets what share and as a result your heart would be left out and therefore no blood will go to your heart and you'll die.. yep, its true.

DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    prefer a BCAA supplement intra-workout.

take your protein post-workout with some carb/sugar source.

bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigmike81 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by DRiFT2oNR View Post
    prefer a BCAA supplement intra-workout.

take your protein post-workout with some carb/sugar source.
    Yes I would also consider some type of BCAA supplement intra workout. I have tried Allmax's Leutor 70. IMO it worked pretty good.
    I do now what others won't - so I can have later what others can't.
    ***I rep back***

exjester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) exjester has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Endurance fuel is the shot if u want to take some protien during workout 4:1raatio

mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mckevittm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bigmike81 View Post
    Take 20g's 30 minutes before. and 30-50g's afterwards. Do that and you should be set. Good Luck.
    Why did you bump a 9 year old thread?

hristostoyanov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hristostoyanov has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Q!

You can drink protein shake AFTER the training. During your training session you can take amino-products like Intrabolic or Purple Intrain but it's not appropriate for you to use protein powders or protein bars during workout!
    http://bodybuildingpower.blogspot.com - you can ask me for everything that you want to know about bodybuilding, nutrition and training plans and supplement use!

DrZaks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey try Dr Zak's high protein bread, it is made for both pre- and post- workout meals! it contains a lot of protein and carbohydrates, and helps to digest too. Cheers!

mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mitche23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I would definitely recommend after the workout. That's when your body is most hungry and needed protein to rebuild itself. Before the workout won't do you much good
    Take back control of your life!

Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xx5mike5xX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always take it after, when I get home. Nothing wrong with that
    **New Jersey Crew (732)**

Registered User joshuagreenwood's Avatar
    joshuagreenwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protein before or after:reply

Post workout nutrition is important, but with that being said the nutrients that enter your body prior to your workout are key contributors when it comes to results you’re looking to achieve. Pre workout protein helps fuel your body during the workout. Pre workout protein help in fueling your workout and increasing your workout intensity allowing you to push your limits through the workout. Now I know we all here would like to increase our muscle and mass gains. Mike Roussell who has a PHD in nutrition and a fitness coach on the site says in his article named “Should I drink my protein before or after my work out?” “Pre-workout protein most likely increases amino acid delivery and uptake by muscles during training.” He also says “Adding protein prior to your training session primes the pump: It starts protein synthesis during rather than after your training session.”
    Jeff Everson also thinks the same. For those who don’t know who Jeff Everson is he is a pro body builder, a winner of 5 USA National body building titles Jeff Everson states the meal and nutrients you consume before training is more important than the meal and nutrients after consumed after training because of the . He also says his best results have also come because of this.
    In case you would like to know how true this might be, I took this a step farther with an article from science based fitness on a research study called, En Tipton at El studied the amino acid intake of muscles pre and post fed through nutrients. In this research the amino acid intake of the muscles was studied prior to a workout in two controlled groups. Group A received protein and amino acids before their workout. On the other had group B received protein and amino acids after their workout. Immediately the workouts were finished the amino acid intake was higher for those of post workout proteins only by about .3 percent. However 2 hours after workout amino acid intake was higher for those of the pre workout protein group. At the end of the day the decision is up to you but for the best results, I would have to say focus on your pre workout protein nutrition.

belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000) belleosent is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by meatcollector View Post
    LOL

I hate u