Closed Thread
    Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Badbackbrah is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Rotator cuff and shoulder rehab for powerlifting

I hurt my rotator cuffs in both shoulders and I want to rehab them so that I can get back into powerlifting. My goals are to increase my bench press, military press and clean and jerk.

Right now I need to fix my bench press form so that my elbows are more in and that way I will relieve strain on my shoulders.

I have been doing the internal rotator and external rotation exercises and I have been strengthening my back using bands as well.

I will be getting an mri soon to see if there are any tears. Is there any other imaging I need to get. I want to make sure that I know exactly what the problem is so that I can get back in action as soon as possible and avoid future injuries.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is what I did to rehab my shoulder to go on and bench 485 at 181 with some severe shoulder tendinitis.
    I still have tendinitis, so I haven't solved all my issues, but my range of motion is good and I can bench some heavy weight when needed.

Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally, I would get some thorough imaging done before you jump back into training much. Continue to do your shoulder rehab exercises and maybe some light pressing work, depending on how much pain you're in. Pressing through tendonitis can be hard enough, much less training if you have a tear in your rotator cuff. But, it'll be a LONG road back to training at 100% if you further any tears that maybe in your shoulder..
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zmcdole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, like someone else said get it looked at and get a doctor's referral on what you should do. I currently have a torn infraspinatus and supraspinatus in my left shoulder. I had imaging done to confirm it, however after seeing my shoulder doc and having him twist and pry and test my shoulder for strength he says that just rehabbing it and being careful will be ok. I've been benching with no pain, but I've also been very slowly progressing and not pushing it even when I've felt good. I realize that training really hard with frequency and volume and all that so I can push my bench will probably result in a complete tear. I don't have aspirations of competing again for a while if ever again so I'm fine with not getting it repaired. If I really wanted to push my bench I'd probably consider getting it repaired, but then again I've almost always heard that your shoulder is never the same if you get it repaired. I'm choosing the rehab/strengthening it on my own route to avoid being frozen up in a sling for 8 weeks before I can even start rehabbing. Fuk that. I have other things I like doing. If powerlifting is your life and all you care about is getting as strong as you possibly can, go to a doctor and figure out what he or she says you should do. Then go from there.
    1708 total @220 Raw
    Improve my total every time I step on the platform.

Being a male is a matter of birth. However, being a "man" is a matter of choice.

Photo in Avi is not current, I'm way fatter now.

scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000) scotpak1979 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just came in to say that surgery is definitely not the end of the world. I had a mid level rotator cuff tear. Had the op and was back in the gym around 6 months later. 2 years later Im now the strongest ive ever been and that includes benching and overhead pressing.

I still get some minor tendonitis in the non-operated shoulder but I just be smart and avoid things that flare it up such as weighted dips or incline bench. Also overhead pressing is pain free if I use a neutral grip (swissbar or dumbbells).

Good luck to OP.
    Meet PR: 230/ 135/ 262.5 [627.5] (in kgs)
    506/ 297/ 578 [1,381] (in lbs)

Weight: 92kg (202lbs)

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    what does your doctor say? what does your surgeon say? what does your physical therapist say?

these are the people you should be asking BEFORE you ask strangers on the internet.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*