Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by US_Ranger View Post
    Didn't bother reading past here.

I really struck a nerve with you. Sorry bud, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. As far as Uncle Sam paying for everything, nope. I got out of the military awhile ago and graduated college, worked in numerous career fields, etc. But thanks for making a grand load of assumptions about me and then trying to insult me. I didn't bother reading the rest of your post but I imagine that's what the rest of it was too, just a much more long winded version.

Also, no one said it's a waste of time to further your education or build a career. It's just a waste of time to grind your entire life away and never enjoy things until you hit retirement age. Expecting kids (yes kids) at 18-22 to decide on what they're going to do for the next 50 years is an absolute crock of ****. Very few people have that innate sense of "this is what I want" at that young age. Instead of forcing people to decide and take out massive debt while doing it, there should be something like a gap year (countries like Israel do it and it works out well for them) where people go travel, work in random countries, etc and figure out what they actually like.

But hey, I learned about that kind of thing while traveling and seeing how other countries do it so what do I know.
    Umm... how exactly did I insult you? I am simply clarifying things.

Is it not true that you receive a pension, hence you are in the possession of an additional source of income and are thereby in a position to live your life without having to worry about making a full-time income?

I know a guy who just collected his lump sum payment a few months back. So trust me, I am not insulting you, and in light of July 4, I would like to thank you for your service to this country.

I am simply stating that you can't use your life to justify this idea of 'travel in your 20s' as the bulk of those ITT are going to be working for the private sector - they won't be receiving a pension like you are.
    PubMed and Chiral Centers be Damned ~

jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Most of the things I like doing I don't have to travel for. I understand the appeal for some but I'm not into expensive travelling just for the sake of it. To each there own

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jaimeruiz99 View Post
    Umm... how exactly did I insult you? I am simply clarifying things.

Is it not true that you receive a pension, hence you are in the possession of an additional source of income and are thereby in a position to live your life without having to worry about making a full-time income?

I know a guy who just collected his lump sum payment a few months back. So trust me, I am not insulting you, and in light of July 4, I would like to thank you for your service to this country.

I am simply stating that you can't use your life to justify this idea of 'travel in your 20s' as the bulk of those ITT are going to be working for the private sector - they won't be receiving a pension like you are.
    I'm 34. I don't get a pension from the military unless I joined at 14 and did 20 years meaning I just retired.

jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jaimeruiz99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm 34. I don't get a pension from the military unless I joined at 14 and did 20 years meaning I just retired.
    Did the military subsidize your college education though? I was always of the assumption that veterans with an honorable discharge always had some form of compensation for their service.

US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) US_Ranger has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Did the military subsidize your college education though? I was always of the assumption that veterans with an honorable discharge always had some form of compensation for their service.
    Yes, you get the GI bill. That's something you get as an incentive to join, it's a part of your contract and no different from someone getting a health benefits package, 401k, or something else that you'd get in the private world when entering a career.

Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jamesbwbevis View Post
    Most of the things I like doing I don't have to travel for. I understand the appeal for some but I'm not into expensive travelling just for the sake of it. To each there own
    The best type of travel is actually the cheapest.

Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Travel the world all the time vs living on your own
    Pick one

Bottom line is this - if you want to travel the world ( like for a really long time ) before you are 30 you have to be
    a) loaded with cash - from your parents - let's be honest all of these guys are freshly graduated college folks who want to "experience life".
    b) still living with your parents - bc you cant have your own condo with no one living in it
    c) yes you can work where you travel but let's be honest - if you work in a bar in Thailand your not going to "save" any money in the end .

Tfw when i bought an apartment and completely almost finished redocoreting it @ 24yrs and haven't gone anywhere nearly 11 months.
    I have met almost no new people in the last year.
    Alsoo put all my money in the apartment and have a small credit. ( yes parents alsoo helped with the $)

But will it be worth having my own apartments with zero credit , having a decent paying and stable 9-5 job @24 when i could have lived with my parents , have them give me a couple of thousand of € and just travel the world and bang internation sloots? Then when the money would run out i'd be like a 28 year old guy with no job and no own condo.
    Remember kids everything has its good or bad sides.

BTW im from Eastern Europe, here only 10% of people "rent" their apartments , alsoo half of people still live with their parents when they are 30.

Originally Posted by Bicepsus View Post
    Travel the world all the time vs living on your own
    Pick one

Bottom line is this - if you want to travel the world ( like for a really long time ) before you are 30 you have to be
    a) loaded with cash - from your parents - let's be honest all of these guys are freshly graduated college folks who want to "experience life".
    b) still living with your parents - bc you cant have your own condo with no one living in it

Tfw when i bought an apartment and completely almost finished redocoreting it @ 24yrs and haven't gone anywhere nearly 11 months.
    I have met almost no new people in the last year.
    Alsoo put all my money in the apartment and have a small credit. ( yes parents alsoo helped with the $)

But will it be worth having my own apartments with zero credit , having a decent paying and stable 9-5 job @24 when i could have lived with my parents , have them give me a couple of thousand of € and just travel the world and bang internation sloots? Then when the money would run out i'd be like a 28 year old guy with no job and no own condo.
    Remember kids everything has its good or bad sides.
    Your entire premise is based on false ideas so I'm not sure what to tell you. (a) is completely and factually incorrect.

Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bicepsus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your entire premise is based on false ideas so I'm not sure what to tell you. (a) is completely and factually incorrect.
    Im saying travel the world for a long time and long distances like the guy in the video. Not travel Europe only. Cmon i went from Italy to Barcelona for like 30€ one way. Hostels are cheap. That would not be the case if i wanted to travel from let's say Italy to Thailand and then from there to Australia. He basically traveled round the world...
    Traveling around Europe with like Ryanair is cheap as ****.
    But if you are making money you cant travel for more than like a month per year because of your working contract . In Europe usually you have only 20 "free" working days per year.

I remember recently being a reddit thread where a guy traveled around the world for 1.5 year. Before he started his trip he broke up with his gf, sold his condo and moved in with his parents. The dude is like 33 years old. Like seriously then you finish your trip and realize your a 33 year old living with your parents and no job. So that means if he goes to a club and takes a girl home he needs to hide her from his parents that they dont see her... at 33 years old?? Ummm no thanks...
    Last edited by Bicepsus; 07-07-2016 at 06:13 AM.

Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Anothersloth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's cool to work towards something to secure your income in the future, but travelling is fun. Travelling in ur 40s is not gonna be the same as in ur 20s, I'm sorry to bring it to you that way. I'm gonna travel this year aswell, now is the time guys.

Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bar182 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im saying travel the world for a long time and long distances like the guy in the video. Not travel Europe only. Cmon i went from Italy to Barcelona for like 30€ one way. Hostels are cheap. That would not be the case if i wanted to travel from let's say Italy to Thailand and then from there to Australia. He basically traveled round the world...

Traveling around Europe with like Ryanair is cheap as ****.
    But if you are making money you cant travel for more than like a month per year because of your working contract . In Europe usually you have only 20 "free" working days per year.
    Based on what? a hunch? because it's not based personal experience. I travelled from Melbourne -> Bangkok -> Zurich -> Prague -> Zurich -> Sao Paulo -> Buenos Aires -> Santiago -> Melbourne for less than $2000 AUD (~$1500 USD).

I remember recently being a reddit thread where a guy traveled around the world for 1.5 year. Before he started his trip he broke up with his gf, sold his condo and moved in with his parents. The dude is like 33 years old. Like seriously then you finish your trip and realize your a 33 year old living with your parents and no job. So that means if he goes to a club and takes a girl home he needs to hide her from his parents that they dont see her... at 33 years old?? Ummm no thanks...
    Yes because every single person who travels does it exactly like that. You are a keyboard critic.

Originally Posted by Bar182 View Post

Yes because every single person who travels does it exactly like that. You are a keyboard critic.
    There seems to a trend in western culture where this is always the type of argument.

Person A: Here are reasons 1, 2 and 3 why you can do these things and do it for a low price
    Person B: There's a story about this guy who sucks lolololol
    Person A: But that's not how real life works. Like I said, 1, 2 and 3 are good options.
    Person B: But that person sucks lololololol

I usually stop responding to people after that point. The self-justification for why they don't want to do something or why they won't consider an alternative opinion are so strong that instead of just saying "That's cool, just not my cup-o-tea" they go full retard in their responses.

jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The best type of travel is actually the cheapest.
    still an expensive hobby no matter how you slice it. Even traveling within my own country is alot after factoring plane cost, food, events etc.

Compare that with enjoying myself where I live? Not even close.

TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000) TallSaint is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A lot of crazy assumptions ITT.

Some people just belong on the road, and I'm one of them. I'm 26 and started traveling in my 20s. Been to over 20 countries since and have explored all different areas of the world. It has been some of the most fulfilling experiences of my life and I've met amazing people from all over the globe.

That being said, it hasn't stopped me from obtaining my undergraduate degree, masters degree and professional degree and after that getting hired right out of college.

I live comfortably (by myself) off 50% of my net income and bank the rest. Each other paycheck I get from the other 50% of my income is another plane ticket to a new adventure.

Honestly, the idea has been growing inside of me to leave my job and just spend a year traveling and experiencing the world.

It would be even better to be able to find some work if I did. Would love to hear from bros who worked while traveling that covered living expenses.

Originally Posted by jamesbwbevis View Post
    still an expensive hobby no matter how you slice it. Even traveling within my own country is alot after factoring plane cost, food, events etc.

Compare that with enjoying myself where I live? Not even close.
    If you don't like it thats fine, don't do it. Why would anyone do something they don't like? if you are happy then you are winning.

You say its expensive but how much did your car cost? I dont own a car, why cant i spend that money on travel? I'd say travel its more a lifestyle then a hobby, some people like to buy gadgets, cars, home theatre etc I prefer to spend my money on adventures. There is no right or wrong I am not sure why people think everyone has to be one of a) broke backpacker who mooches off their parents or b) 80 hours a week never leaves the house miserable prick.

Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000) Gatamane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BorrachoDamor View Post
    Time to get new friends
    Frat ******* detected.

TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBrentmeister has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you don't like it thats fine, don't do it. Why would anyone do something they don't like? if you are happy then you are winning.

You say its expensive but how much did your car cost? I dont own a car, why cant i spend that money on travel? I'd say travel its more a lifestyle then a hobby, some people like to buy gadgets, cars, home theatre etc I prefer to spend my money on adventures. There is no right or wrong I am not sure why people think everyone has to be one of a) broke backpacker who mooches off their parents or b) 80 hours a week never leaves the house miserable prick.
    Well said.
    💷 ☆☆☆ - υк cяєω - ☆☆☆ 💷

Originally Posted by mehcba View Post
    Its always one extreme or the other.

DO BOTH *******S.

You can still travel but you dont need to do it for 6 months continuous.

Use your annual vacation smartly.

Fuark, I have just gone the wrong side of 30 but I am glad af I built my career in my 20's. I still traveled a lot. Now I can travel or work as I please.
    Point well taken: people have vacation time. Use it. There is absolutely no reason why you should spend the bulk of your 20s travelling when that time could be better spent earning money and saving up for essentials such as a home or health insurance.

And who the hell says you should wait till you're in your 60's to start travelling anyways? A stable career can be got in one's 30s, and from that point onwards, one can travel without ever worrying about all of the other incidentals that come with life such as home ownership and what have you not.

The point of building a career, as I have stated time and time again ITT, is having a safety net in case the crap hits the fan. Anyone who prioritizes 'travel' over making a respectable income that will keep one afloat in times of hardship, sickness and what-have you not should really make it a point to re-evaluate their life decisions.

And please, as someone who lives in a 3rd world country (no, it isn't a Latin American country), don't bamboozle me into thinking that bartending in Phuket or teaching english in Bangkok will ever be enough to keep you out of negative equity in light of all your expenditures.

I am lucky my family is wealthy, consequently, the investor's visa we attained after buying up a sizeable amount of property in the US allowed me to take up medical residency in the aforementioned country.

Like I said though: not everyone can travel. Medical residents in particular. Some people have to take up the reigns and keep society afloat by being contributing members of society.

BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BorrachoDamor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gatamane View Post
    Frat ******* detected.
    Never denied being a frat bro

1:12TilTheDayIFukinDie DesiredUserphag's Avatar
    DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mike.hunt View Post
    what type of jerb you have?
    IT. Back when I started I was Technical Support. Now I'm a Systems Administrator. Just had to find a good company that gave me more paid time off and more pay obviously

1:12TilTheDayIFukinDie DesiredUserphag's Avatar
    DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DesiredUserphag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by quadfecta View Post
    Disagree. A lot of places won't give you more than a couple weeks off at a time. You'd need just a week to get over the jet lag if you're traveling overseas. Ideally you'd want at least a few weeks off to get your money's worth in those situations and quitting is your only option if they won't give you leave of absence.
    Only true if you're a btch. I've gone on many many trips that were 3-5 days total. Jetlag ain't sht. For example: I've gone to Hong Kong a handful of times for that short a period and that's 25-30 hours of flying/layovers one way. Drink a few Redbulls. LOL @ sleeping during a trip. 1 day in another country is more exciting than a whole week at home doing the same boring sht you always do. Been to 42 countries and have kept my career going at the same time. Most companies give you 3-4 weeks of paid time off a year so you figure out how to make it work with your weekends. Some people really want it and figure out how to make it work while others just make excuses their whole life. That's reality

I'm not the type who could travel without a steady paycheck calling my name when I got back home so 3-8 day trips tend to work great for me while still allowing me to keep my normal life going. Island getaways and places like that are only fun for a few days anyway so it works out.

max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Would fuaking love to travel, but not everyone has the resources to do so in their 20s. Currently taking care of my parents and grandparents financially. They don't make much money in regards to where we live (immigrants).

Also, if you live in a big country (US for example), would recommend at least traveling domestically first before going abroad lol. Shi.t, some people don't even know what's behind their backyard.
    Signature

Originally Posted by max1122 View Post
    Would fuaking love to travel, but not everyone has the resources to do so in their 20s. Currently taking care of my parents and grandparents financially. They don't make much money in regards to where we live (immigrants).

Also, if you live in a big country (US for example), would recommend at least traveling domestically first before going abroad lol. Shi.t, some people don't even know what's behind their backyard.
    The part I find most laughable is that some of the people here are simply going to tell you that 'there are ways to travel on the cheap' if you're cash-strapped.

So let me get this straight: you're already strapped for cash, paying for bills and other such necessities and what-have you not, and yet the next best thing to do would be to spend what little you already have left in order to travel? But it's fine because there are ways to do it for cheap right?

God help these people if they ever get into an accident.

There are such things as priorities. Having a home, having health insurance, making sure you have enough to live on during times of sickness or unemployment.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying travelling is bad or it isn't a worthwhile hobby. But there are ways to attain a balance when it comes to these things: like saving up over the course of the year (making sure you have enough saved up for all other aforementioned necessities of course) and using that money to travel during your vacation time.
    Last edited by jaimeruiz99; 07-07-2016 at 08:52 AM.

Are you seriously comparing the utility of owning a vehicle to that of travelling?

People own vehicles not because they are a luxury but because they are a necessity: it allows them to get to work or school, especially in areas where commuting (the bus/subway) isn't an option, it is a godsend when it comes to emergencies of all types, from picking your child up from school or bringing them to the doctor or going to the emergency room FFS.

This is precisely what I mean by choosing your priorities wisely.

carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carnif3x is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Based on what? a hunch? because it's not based personal experience. I travelled from Melbourne -> Bangkok -> Zurich -> Prague -> Zurich -> Sao Paulo -> Buenos Aires -> Santiago -> Melbourne for less than $2000 AUD (~$1500 USD).

Flights alone would have cost 2k, I call BS. Don't get me wrong travelling is awesome! But budget travellers always under quote the true cost of their expenditures, they always hide the fact they have some assistance from mummy and daddy or stay free with family or friends.

starting weight: 120lbs PathToSage's Avatar
    PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PathToSage has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LethalGunz34 View Post
    You need money for dat chit OP.
    this...
    *gonna make it crew*
    *positive crew*
    *hard on THOTs crew*

Need motivation?
    Skinny fat transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171436881&p=1442533821#post1442533821

Well said.
    But even if you are not a "gadget" guy or dont even have a car .... let's be real i live an average 9-5 lifestye where i have 22 work "free" days in a year . If you really want to see a big city ( not just stop for a day or two ) and when you consider how "big" cities like NY are well you can spend easily like 10 days in NY and another 10 days in like Florida and then it's back to work to Europe and u cant travel for a year . Yet in the end you have seen only a very small fraction of the USA. The last trip i went was Vienna & Munich , both cities have less than 2 million people so by no means "giant" cities like London yet i was there for 7 days and i barely saw half of both cities.
    Last edited by Bicepsus; 07-07-2016 at 09:15 AM.

mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you seriously comparing the utility of owning a vehicle to that of travelling?

People own vehicles not because they are a luxury but because they are a necessity: it allows them to get to work or school, especially in areas where commuting (the bus/subway) isn't an option, it is a godsend when it comes to emergencies of all types, from picking your child up from school or bringing them to the doctor or going to the emergency room FFS.

This is precisely what I mean by choosing your priorities wisely.
    Hes saying that you can do things minimally, or within your means.

Just because you can afford a brand new BMW, luxury condo, xbox, etc. doesn't mean you need that stuff.

Some people look rich, others act poor.

mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by carnif3x View Post
    Flights alone would have cost 2k, I call BS. Don't get me wrong travelling is awesome! But budget travellers always under quote the true cost of their expenditures, they always hide the fact they have some assistance from mummy and daddy or stay free with family or friends.
    whats wrong with staying for free? ever heard of couch surfing?

I think your'e getting confused with travelling vs. tourism, as well as many others in this thread.

Originally Posted by mchabs View Post
    Hes saying that you can do things minimally, or within your means.

Just because you can afford a brand new BMW, luxury condo, xbox, etc. doesn't mean you need that stuff.

Some people look rich, others act poor.
    Re-read his statement again:

You say its expensive but how much did your car cost? I dont own a car, why cant i spend that money on travel?
    He says he doesn't own a car on account of the fact that owning a vehicle is a needless luxury. Umm, hello? No one is telling you to buy a Ferrari: a car is not a luxury, it is a necessity for many people, and using what little you have in order to 'travel' instead of buying a second-hand car that will get you to work, school and do the job during an emergency shows a very, very poor sense of judgement.