DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How's my cut/weight loss going? (45 lbs so far)

Saw myself on the scale one day in January and knew I had to ditch my old ways and get back into dieting and weightlifting. Began January 20, 2016 at 295 lbs, stepped on scale a couple days ago at 249.6 lbs. Looking to continue until I reach 230 lbs and see how I feel, then perhaps slowly bulk just to gain mass then do a very slow cut again 8 months after I the bulk begins. Thoughts or continue cutting? Don't seem myself being under 200 for a long time forward, want to gain strength and mass for a couple years.

Background - played sports my entire life. was always heavier than other kids but could "hang" if not excel beyond others. Nearing the end of high school, I developed chronic migraines and essentially left school for a decent time, being homeschooled by county teachers. Stayed home almost exclusively, lost touch with a lot of friends, etc, started an online business and ate a lot of take-out and delivery. Ballooned to a weight of 315 lbs from a steady weight of 220-250 that I maintained during high school playing sports. Bought a weight set that turned into a power rack and eventually a kick-ass basement gym and dove into the world of nutrition, weightlifting, and the source that started it all, bodybuilding.com. In a span of 9 months, lifted in my basement, loss 65 lbs, and finding a new passion. Joined a commercial gym shortly after and continued weightlifting for another 9 months. For a reason I cannot remember, gave it all up. Think it a combination of being 18 and partying. I believe I stopped weight training and watching everything in January of 2011.

So that took away a good 5 years. January 20, 2016 that all changed. Using the knowledge I acquired years back, began counting my calories and macros once again. They've slowly been decreasing from about 2900 cals, the starting number I used back in late January. Weight train 4-5 times a week, pretty intense, and do cardio for 15-20 min following almost every weight session. Have tried separate cardio sessions and don't enjoy them as much. Have had consistent results just doing cardio post-lift. I have to force myself to do separate cardio sessions for 35-40 minutes and usually just don't go. Have done a few separate hiit sessions but at my weight still, takes a beating.

January 20, 2016

Pictures the other day.

Have held a lot of fat in chest and stomach area so continuing the cut will hopefully yield some results there. I know it will take a couple fat loss cycles to really help lose the fat in the chest and stomach. Will focus on upper chest during bulk. Stretchmarks were from when I ballooned in weight at the end of high school.

Have maintained if not increased my lifts from what I remember 5 years ago as well! Hit some feats of strength I never thought I had.

Lifts from 5 years ago I remember -
    405 x 5, 5RM
    Deadlifted 405 for working sets of 3x5
    Bench Press 195x3x8
    Standing OHP - 135 x 3 x 8
    never ever performed 1RM at this point so nothing of those to speak of.

Some current lift milestones.

Hit this 495x2 high bar squat a month or so ago, girlfriend unfortunately only videotaped 1 rep. Hit exactly 500 lbs a week later with a friend, no video to speak of.

495x3 sumo deadlift a couple weeks ago. Alternate between sumo and conventional. Have done working sets of convention recently at 405 lbs, might try a 3RM soon.

Have been DB flat benching 90s for 3x8-10.

Happy with those numbers right now.

Overall, pretty happy with my progress. From being pretty sedentary for five years and immediately jumping back into this world, I'm extremely happy. Another 20 lbs and then I'll decide where I want to go. Let me know what you guys think!

Have been DB flat benching 90s for 3x8-10.
    Last edited by DRiFT2oNR; 07-01-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy crap good legs.

Hope that loose skin resolves. You will look great once you get leaner. This is great progress so far in only ~6 months.

DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DRiFT2oNR has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Diamhea View Post
    Holy crap good legs.

Hope that loose skin resolves. You will look great once you get leaner. This is great progress so far in only ~6 months.
    thanks! I really hope the skin does too. Assuming it will take awhile for it to tighten up to a point that I'm happy, and perhaps not even ever fully tighten up.