Tweezly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny guy with a gut

I've been working out since early summer, attempting to bulk up/gain mass. I'm seeing results in my arms, chest and legs. People who haven't seen me for a few months immediately notice the gains. My body-type is an ectomorph.

Problem: I have a gut. I've always had one, even when I was 5'10 135; (currently I'm 170) now it's getting bigger. Last week at the pool, a girlfriend of mine told me I look "pregnant", not good for the 'ol ego. I know I am going to gain body-fat as a result of bulking, even though I am trying my best to eat clean foods, high protein/low carb. Am I stuck with this gut for the time being? Should I start doing more cardio? Anyone else have a similar experience?
    It takes time...

Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100) Jeeve is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs up

good job gaining weight! Remember it takes time to gain weight and its gonna take time to lose the gut so keep on eating healthy and imho keep on doing the cardio
    also why don't you you train your abs

Thanks, I just started training my abs during the past week, hopefully it helps some.
    It takes time...

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by Jeeve
    good job gaining weight! Remember it takes time to gain weight and its gonna take time to lose the gut so keep on eating healthy and imho keep on doing the cardio
    also why don't you you train your abs
    bump....just concentrate on the bulk until you are big enough to need a cut... Try and eat as clean as possible toi limit the fat storage...

BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im under the asumption you've never cut before, so I can under stand your worried. Losing the fat is will be 10 times easier than building the muscle. Especially for your body type. Bulk up bud.

Thanks for the info guys, I feel much better now. TIME TO EAT!
    It takes time...

Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sash is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    man i got the same prob, i think it's just genetics. When i was 130lb i had a gut, now i'm 165lb and i still have a gut, it's just bigger. Cutting will probably help a bit. My abs are pretty good if i tense em, but when i walk around with a relaxed torso my stomach is pretty noticeable (side on anyway).

What i would recommend is to keep on bulking bro, your ego is going to take some hits sometimes anyway, unless you look like Fabio - but if you pack on some more muscle and feel good about that, it will help alot.

tip: dont look at yourself from side on while in the mirror!
    Last edited by Sash; 09-28-2003 at 08:00 AM.

htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htownsb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've had the same problem but ever since I got abs it's changed. I had a 34 inch waist but now I got a 30 inch waist with abs. My abs are really thick right now so I built up my chest so it wont show. And I kno a way to "tuck in" my abs and I was doing that for a while and now whenever I walk around it's "tucked in". It's all about muscle memory just practice different ab poses and u should get it.

sMoKeCoDE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its funny tho, i just do vacuum, for certain situations if i see a cute girl or something, haha

yea i have the same problem but chest sticks out further then my gut without gut sucking hehe

cant wait till december when i cut!