Mikeleesyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why are you really doing it?

Hi guys, I had a moment today where I realised the real reason behind why I'm trying to get fit. I thought it was just to look better in the mirror but the fact is that I'm pretty unhappy with myself generally and I want to prove to myself that I can do this. I feel as if I can't stop because if I do I feel like other things in my life will crumble.

So i'm interesting to hear what is really driving you to maintain whatever regime you're doing, day in day out, year in year out. Is it more than just wanting to have a better body? Some people are in it because they owe it to their family, wife or kids, other people are driven out of a fear of their own mortality (illness). Another way to put it, what inspires you to take stay on this path, no matter what?

cheers
    mike

OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OneManMatrix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was coming out of alcoholism, experiencing Post Withdrawal symptoms and generally all kinds of ****ed up in the head... But, I have always been a firm believer that if one part of you is struggling, working on the other parts of yourself can help drag it out of that hole, i.e. I started working out so that I could become stronger physically in the hopes that it would help me mentally and emotionally... And it worked!

Built a small home gym consisting of dumbbells, a barbell and a chin up bar in a doorway, started prepping meals and managed to get my body fat percentage down to 7.2%, I had never looked so good in my life. The key was to take it day by day, and every single day that I did work out and I did stick to my diet was a massive win, whereby after a few months the fog in my head also started to clear out and my cognition and memory started to come back to me.

I am now 18+ months sober, strong, lean and humbled by my experience with a beautiful and supportive partner and in a new apartment with a great gym. Always push forward, never give up, never give in.

kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kcuviello has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finding your "why" is the most important part of staying on track - good job OP.

For me its a huge combination of things.
    I used to be chunky and afraid to take my shirt off at the beach.
    I want to look like the man, feel like the man, and also - be respected that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to fitness & diet...i DO - but people appreciate info more from someone that looks the part.

Also - It took me YEARS to figure out this...but it feels awesome to be healthy..looking good is cool, but when you start to make some of the moves you do in the gym based around actual athleticism, and the food you put in your body actually make you feel good - results come faster/easier and you have an overall better sustainable lifestyle - rather than an X week program, that you'll fall off.
    RIP KD brahs

Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not being a fat fck

I can also out cardio/travel/lift my entire massive office building. Feels good
    "Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night all day!"
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ -$pring ©utters ©rew- CS:GO Crew

jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jhallgren22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally in high school I started lifting for sports, javelin and shot put thrower, and I was small but strong and it helped me at least place in my events. Fast forward a few years, and being in college, out of college, trying to decide what I want to do in life, not really eating right at lunch (eating crap fast food ALOT). Finally my 20th birthday comes up and for some reason I stepped on the scale and saw 220. Thats when everything changed for about a year and a half of consistent lifting, got down to 195lbs but was seeing gains with body fat loss.

Now I'm back to the 215 range and looking to shed the body fat and get back down to 200-210 with some more strength gains. We will see where I end up. Getting stronger by the day.

boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boston09op has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You've gotta put yourself, and your own self esteem FIRST. Don't do it for anyone else, you don't owe anybody anything...

Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fitness is an occupational requirement, and at this point in my life it's completely habitual and has become my zen place. I feel off when I don't/can't train or at minimum be active.

I also get a ton of fulfillment out of looking sexy for my fiance. For me, putting in the work to create something firm and nice to grab is my way of saying, "Thank you for being a man. Please keep doing man-stuff." He lifts too, so we're pretty much co-enablers. Seeing him work hard gives me motivation to do the same and vice versa.

unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) unplugged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Having suffered and still do from depression/anxiety, lifting has dramatically helped to manage these as well as improving my confidence and self esteem. It drives me and helped shape who I am today and strengthen me not only physically but mentally as well. The compliments you receive from others noticing your hard work are def a plus as well
    The Deadlift is the ultimate fight of you VS the bar.

you can't half rep a deadlift.
    you can't bounce a deadlift.
    you can't arch to get an easier deadlift.
    you won't have a spotter to help the hard part of a deadlift.

there's just you, some heavy ass weight, and your b!tch ass having to pick it up.

DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DeBaie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Because anything that's hard is worth doing.
    ♔ Rep Quality ♔

***Canadian Crew***

RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100) RuntStud is not very well liked. (-100)
    I remember, I was in the gym with my brother. We were looking out, and we see this bodybuilder, big and jacked, coming right at us. And he is finishing his last set of deadlifts. And I see the plates stacked and shiny and - BOOM - it goes flying past his knees. It's so high. I mean, it's *feet* away from the ground. And the bar was bending. And this man, he had his headphones up on his ears. And I could see his eyes. And he was looking at me. Right at me. He's looking right at me. And then as he unracks to go, he's starting back, he's looking right at me still. And the thing is, from that moment on, little RuntStud, he needed to lift.

Mikeleesyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OneManMatrix View Post
    I was coming out of alcoholism, experiencing Post Withdrawal symptoms and generally all kinds of ****ed up in the head... But, I have always been a firm believer that if one part of you is struggling, working on the other parts of yourself can help drag it out of that hole,.
    well done mate, that is awesome. Seems like a switch flipped at some point or was it more of a struggle?

Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Road2100 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DeBaie View Post
    Because anything that's hard is worth doing.
    This. Always challenge yourself, things that are hard to get, have a good end result. Always.

DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Coming out of a bad marriage, and needing to do something to take care of myself, give me a boost in self confidence, and look the best at 43 than I've ever looked before... Also, I struggle with depression, exercising for me is a natural treatment, and helps me avoid drinking by staying on track with a healthy diet.

dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmorseiv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My biggest reasoning behind trying to stay in shape is because I volunteer in my town as a firefighter.

We've had some guys on the department with serious medical issues like strokes, heart attacks, diabetes...etc... Several guys have died from it.

My thought is to lead by example and show them that as the guys who are there to help others in their time of need, we need to be able to do the job.

Aside from that, I don't ever want to be in a situation where my life is in danger on a call because I am out of shape. That is what truly gives me my drive to get up at 430am every day and get it done. At any point, we can be called in to any type of situation, and I need to be the best that I can be. Strong, agile, fast and smart.

I also am not going to complain about overall looking better by lifting/taking care of myself, but that is a secondary aspect of it.
    Doug

Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169134553

Check out
    ********.com/butlerfiredepartment

Butler FD - Truck Captain - Tower 343

roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxie411 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It is a lot of fun seeing how a body could transform.. just like when people have plastic surgery , they love their new selves
    TO me this is plastic surgery for the body, only harder and cheaper, I'm my own surgeon .

stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stoverbruce is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use to be very heavy and was terribly unhappy with myself after going to Cancun for Spring Break and was embarassed while on the beach and pool. Went from 250lbs to 170lbs. Sio much happier now

petester75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do it just to feeI good, literally, the adreneline rush is a natural drug for me and conversely being overweight not being able to climb stairs without being winded feels horrible as does waking up with a food hangover because my metabolism is so slow that my body doesnt burn the calories that I can same effeciently.

So for me its both a active and passive measure to just feel good on a daily basis.

gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Want to look good and lifting is good stress reliever.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    was a sad kunt....now a happy kunt... we are all going to make it brah
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y