Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

8 Years, One Month, two days.....

I thought I was bulletproof.

I thought it could never happen to me, I'm too careful.

Well, on Thursday morning at about 7:40 am, 8 years, one month and two days after starting my fitness journey, I finally have a MAJOR injury!

It happened on bench press. I was testing my strength so that I could set up my training for the next three months leading up to my next PL'ing competition.

I was also doing some upper back training, so I was pretty warmed up after doing about 6 sets of T-bar rows. My bench progression went like this:

135 x 12
    225 x 8
    275 x 3
    315 x 2
    350 x 1 + ...........

Sure, I could have squeezed in a few more warm up reps, but I felt great.

First rep at 350 was smooth as butter, I lowered it very slowly, touched to my chest for a two count and slammed it up with good force. Felt nice, so I went for a double. Even the spotter was like, dude, you got three of these. I lowered the second rep at the same speed. Tapped my chest this time, and then pressed. It too was smooth until about 8 inches off my chest. I was pressing and heard a ripping sound like velcro coming apart and Pop! I held it there as long as I could as my spotter tried like hell to do a 350# BOR. Guys came running over and slid plates off as quickly as possible and saved me from being crushed.

Luckily for me there was a Doctor there who proceeded to get me some ice and motrin from the convenience store across the parking lot. Spotter saved me from some other uncertain doom. For that, I am very thankful.

I'll say more for those interested. Ask away!

Pics:

Attached Images

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ouch Busta, sorry man. That sucks. Heal fast man.

Good thing your spotter saved you, 350 pounds is a ton of weight to have over you.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Really sorry to read this. Hope you heal up quickly man!!
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well that fukking sucks. Sorry brother.

The bad news is that it may need more than dirt rubbed on it to fix.

The good news is that you're a fukking warrior and you'll overcome.

Please keep us updated.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn Matt that sucks to hear. Hope it heals up fast! I always wonder if there is some sign that something is around the corner when it comes to injuries like this.

Your pyramid up looked like plenty to me. I can't imagine you weren't ready to handle heavier weight. How long do you think it will take to heal and does there need to be any surgical intervention in order to get things back to normal or is it just time?
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pryme is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Man sorry to hear this and see those pics. Hope it heals well.

Knock on wood. I'm at about 20years now without something like this.

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Ouch Busta, sorry man. That sucks. Heal fast man.

Good thing your spotter saved you, 350 pounds is a ton of weight to have over you.
    Thanks, Shane. Spotter deserves major kudos as 350 is some heavy stuff.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Really sorry to read this. Hope you heal up quickly man!!
    Thanks, Man!

Originally Posted by ChazWood View Post
    Well that fukking sucks. Sorry brother.

The bad news is that it may need more than dirt rubbed on it to fix.

The good news is that you're a fukking warrior and you'll overcome.

Please keep us updated.
    Thanks for the props, Chaz. I'll keep updating this thread. Yes, dirt won't fix this.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Damn Matt that sucks to hear. Hope it heals up fast! I always wonder if there is some sign that something is around the corner when it comes to injuries like this.

Your pyramid up looked like plenty to me. I can't imagine you weren't ready to handle heavier weight. How long do you think it will take to heal and does there need to be any surgical intervention in order to get things back to normal or is it just time?
    Therein lies my fears going forward. My right side is my strong side. Absolutely zero indication of any problem on the horizon. All I can guess is that righty was getting sick of over compensating for lefty.

Surgery is definitely needed. MRI Friday showed a complete tear. Right chest is double the size of the left because it's not attached to my arm and the muscle belly (pec minor) is balled up under the pec major.

Thanks for the well wishes, John!

Originally Posted by pryme View Post
    Man sorry to hear this and see those pics. Hope it heals well.

Knock on wood. I'm at about 20years now without something like this.
    Good on you for going that long. I always thought it would never happen to me. Thanks, Man!

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ahhh man so sorry to see this happen to you. Many years ago I was spotting a guy on DB bench and his tricep snapped. To this day I will never forgot that sound. I hope your healing goes well. If anyone can come back stronger it is you

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Owwww!!! Sometimes the freakin iron wins.

Heal fast brother.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Matt,

You are without a doubt one of the hardest working members here.

Sorry to see this happen to you.

Hope you heal soon.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post

Therein lies my fears going forward.
    There's always fears moving forward after a bad injury like that one, Matt. When you are out of the gym because of one, it feels like you'll never get back to your old self. This will all be nothing but an ugly memory soon.

ETA: It won't be long before

you shave your body and oil up and have other men judge you in your panties you find out that you're still imperfect
    again.

lulz
    Last edited by Bo_Flecks; 06-27-2016 at 10:32 AM.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thats some f'cked up sht right there.

How long does something like that typically takes to heal?
    On the list for Bannukah

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Very sorry to hear of this, Matt.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    Ahhh man so sorry to see this happen to you. Many years ago I was spotting a guy on DB bench and his tricep snapped. To this day I will never forgot that sound. I hope your healing goes well. If anyone can come back stronger it is you
    Yeah, that sound will haunt me until the day I die. Thanks, Man!

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Owwww!!! Sometimes the freakin iron wins.

Heal fast brother.
    Thank you, Larry! The iron definitely won that day.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Matt,

You are without a doubt one of the hardest working members here.

Sorry to see this happen to you.

Hope you heal soon.
    I appreciate the props, Joel!

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    There's always fears moving forward after a bad injury like that one, Matt. When you are out of the gym because of one, it feels like you'll never get back to your old self. This will all be nothing but an ugly memory soon.

ETA: It won't be long before

again.

lulz
    LOL, I saw that guys post in that thread that got locked. I didn't have the energy to respond anyway. Good times.

I know you have had your share of misfortune in the iron game. You, too, are a warrior. Thanks, Steve!

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Thats some f'cked up sht right there.

How long does something like that typically takes to heal?
    Hey, John. I have heard three months, but it depends on the severity.

Also, I don't have insurance, so there is a good chance the surgeon will turn me away by asking for a down payment I cannot afford. I'm crossing my fingers. Hoping to know something today.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hey, John. I have heard three months, but it depends on the severity.

Also, I don't have insurance, so there is a good chance the surgeon will turn me away by asking for a down payment I cannot afford. I'm crossing my fingers. Hoping to know something today.
    Wow, damn that is f'cked up, hope it works in your favor Matt, here is to a speedy recover man!
    On the list for Bannukah

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ouch man, looks painful!!
    Is surgery needed?
    Either way, I hope you heal up quickly!
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aw man, that's awful. So glad the spotter and others were there though! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Wow, damn that is f'cked up, hope it works in your favor Matt, here is to a speedy recover man!
    Thanks, John!

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    Ouch man, looks painful!!
    Is surgery needed?
    Either way, I hope you heal up quickly!
    Yeah, surgery is definitely needed. Thanks for the well wishes!

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Aw man, that's awful. So glad the spotter and others were there though! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    Thank you! Yes, I owe the spotter big time. I plan to go in tomorrow and thank him in person.

Quick Update:

The MRI disk just arrived at the surgeon's office after lunch today. They are trying to slot me in for an appointment tomorrow afternoon. If that slot doesn't become available, it will be Wednesday morning.

I was cleared to do light cardio and legs as long as my right arm is not involved at all. Good news there!!!

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hopefully they can get you on the table this week. I've had 5 lifting related surgeries so feel free to pm me with questions or concerns.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Quick Update:

The MRI disk just arrived at the surgeon's office after lunch today. They are trying to slot me in for an appointment tomorrow afternoon. If that slot doesn't become available, it will be Wednesday morning.

I was cleared to do light cardio and legs as long as my right arm is not involved at all. Good news there!!!
    I see a lot of safety squat bar squats in your future

Good news about getting in that fast.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post

Very sorry to hear of this, Matt.
    Thanks for the concern, Bill. I will return!!

Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    Hopefully they can get you on the table this week. I've had 5 lifting related surgeries so feel free to pm me with questions or concerns.
    That was my thinking. If not, it will be after July 4th holiday, which would suck.

Thanks for the PM offer!

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    I see a lot of safety squat bar squats in your future

Good news about getting in that fast.
    Haha, you got that right!

Not out of the woods yet. My hope is that if he has to turn me away that he can recommend a newer surgeon who needs surgeries under his belt and will do it for a smaller fee and less up front.

Not gonna lie, I'm scared ****tless that I will have to just deal with it without surgery and be a gimp.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow that's awful Matt. I would be trying to find the best sports surgeon I could regardless of fee etc. That's not something I would want to roll the dice with a resident. You have a lot of years ahead.

Edit to add I spotted a guy today benching 365. He and I were the only guys in the weight section. If that would have happened to him he might not be alive, cause there would be little I could do. Really makes you think.

pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pius36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That is awfull, sorry to see you do that to yourself. Best wishes for a full and fast recovery.
    What a joke that we live in one of the richest nations in the world but can't even offer health care to people who need it.Also disgusting that a surgeon will turn you down cus you don't have enough money, what a disgrace.

trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000) trev71 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I thought I was bulletproof.
    My bench progression went like this:
    135 x 12
    225 x 8
    275 x 3
    315 x 2
    350 x 1 + ...........
    Sure, I could have squeezed in a few more warm up reps, but I felt great.
    That is basically my exact warm up. So I'm a bit spooked now.. hah.

Damn, GL with the surgery and heal up!
    --
    Knows a trial lawyer who knows how to defend himself in an online forum.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Wow that's awful Matt. I would be trying to find the best sports surgeon I could regardless of fee etc. That's not something I would want to roll the dice with a resident. You have a lot of years ahead.

Edit to add I spotted a guy today benching 365. He and I were the only guys in the weight section. If that would have happened to him he might not be alive, cause there would be little I could do. Really makes you think.
    Thanks, Tim!

The surgeon I was referred to is a good one. Don't want to drag my personal financial issues into this, but I have no options. I'm willing to gamble with a junior surgeon. I understand what you're saying. I guess I'm just a bit less risk averse than you.

Yeah, 365 is some heavy ass weight. I have a feeling you would have figured out a way to save him when your adrenaline kicked in. It is something to ponder.

Originally Posted by pius36 View Post
    That is awfull, sorry to see you do that to yourself. Best wishes for a full and fast recovery.
    What a joke that we live in one of the richest nations in the world but can't even offer health care to people who need it.Also disgusting that a surgeon will turn you down cus you don't have enough money, what a disgrace.
    Thank you for the well wishes. I cannot blame the system on this. I knowingly let my insurance go. It's my fault.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just, just ouch, man. Reading this gave me shivers. I've got no spotter, so I rely on safety bars. But bars or no, that's not something I would want anybody to go through. Hope it all heals up ok and in good time.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Dang....................

Heal quick brother.
    Was friends with Methuselah

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm so sorry to see this. I'm such a fan, always have been and I have no words. Healing vibes to you my friend and you'll be back even stronger no doubt!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)