Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by curry4life View Post
    your fault for choosing a ****ty job bruh. You knew what you're getting yourself into. Being a teacher doesn't require that much skill. The major is easy AF and the certification is easy AF to
    Oh, because you put in the time and effort required to get the major, right? And went to a uni that required you to double major, right?

I knew I was getting myself into a poorly paid position but I didn't care about that as I'm not a money motivated person, I had no idea I was getting myself into such an underappreciated field.

It absolutely amazes me the attitudes that exist towards teachers. These are the protectors of the future, tasked with developing and molding young minds, trusted to look after and further them for 8 hours/day for over a decade of their early life. Teachers are the ones who are supposed to help turn them into STEM majors and chit like that, are supposed to help fuel their passion, cultivate their desire, and develop their knowledge. Teachers are supposed to help children unlock some of the mysteries of life, and yet they're treated like absolute dogchit.

We're a first world nation that gives hardly any credit or due to it's education system. It's absolutely mind-boggling. Teaching doesn't require much skill? Are you fcking high?

Consider this: as a teacher, you can't show up hung over, you can't show up after a rough night, and even if you're not feeling well, you've gotta go in and be on your A game. Every day, every period, you're front and center, responsible for directing those kids through the day's lesson which has been carefully constructed by you and seamlessly integrated into a cohesive unit. You have to know more than just your content material, you have to know how to manage, how to discipline, how to delegate, how to control, you by proxy are responsible for being endearing, empathetic, for helping to listen and direct when it comes to more than just academic material, for when there are social and real world issues, there is so much wrapped into being a teacher I can't even possibly list it all out for you, yet you fuksticks think it's just walking into a job, slapping some papers down in front of some kids, and getting out at 3PM with summers off.

Maybe if there was more appreciation and focus and knowledge regarding teaching and education the entire system wouldn't be so fukked.

Originally Posted by JPF82 View Post
    musta sucked working for them

The only mandatory meetings my gf or aforementioned music teacher I know had to go to was start of summer and end of summer. They did both have a hatred of love for having to do lesson plans doe......that sounds like it blows donkey balls.
    my ma and sister are also teachers in a different state and have to do summer PD work, seminars, and district meetings, it's not every day every week type of work but you can't just fuk off for the summer and do nothing

and yeah, lesson planning sucks, especially with common core or if one lesson falls flat and you have to go back and rework the next 2 weeks of your unit.

Originally Posted by semok27 View Post
    LOL have fun with that man. let me know how ur doing in 10 years when your stuck in the same damn position as today 6/22/2016 and you realize you goofed up since childhood.

hahahaha man, not even mad, I'm thoroughly entertained @ your attitude and self beliefs
    See the above answer. You're part of the problem, laughing at a system that you'll trust your children to but is crumbling and failing.
    *Korea Krew* *MMMC*

Blackhawks/Bears/White Sox/Marquette Basketball

aesthetics =/= social aptitude

MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your fault for choosing a ****ty job bruh. You knew what you're getting yourself into. Being a teacher doesn't require that much skill. The major is easy AF and the certification is easy AF to
    you're actually right, red. being a teacher requires about as much skill as it took your mother to take your absent father's load in the welfare parking lot. but being a GOOD teacher, takes more skill than you'll ever understand.
    Discipline is the bridge between goal and accomplishment

For the wretched of the earth, they are everywhere

semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000) semok27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Benihanas View Post
    See the above answer. You're part of the problem, laughing at a system that you'll trust your children to but is crumbling and failing.

LOL na, im cool bruh.

you can bet my kids are going to private school, since you know, i'll be able to afford it, unlike you. HAHAHA its a wrap bro
    *Misc Brah Since 08' Crew*
    *NYC Crew*

Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MYOFIBRAH View Post
    you're actually right, red. being a teacher requires about as much skill as it took your mother to take your absent father's load in the welfare parking lot. but being a GOOD teacher, takes more skill than you'll ever understand.
    I only read thread titles and my own posts.

cVc (OIF/OEF): *Retired*
    Sorry for perfect english; I have a degree.

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.“

PS: Don't eat poop, just don't let the idea of it stop you from living life to its fullest.

Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the fact that while teachers are in the school year, they're usually working 70-80 hour weeks.\
    They are not. I know a dozen teachers plus a few more in my close family. More like 50 hour work weeks IF that. and half those hours are fuking easy.

Look, the myth is busted. the past is gone. Teachers in the US are the most overpaid profession. Do you know supply and demand? if its so underpaid WHY IS THERE A HUGE WAITING LIST TO BECOME A TEACHER? Because the certification is easy and the pay is high. Period.

Go look at the average hours worked statistics for public school teachers. Look at the average compensation per hour. It's much much higher than the average us income.

some research done on NON TEACHER UNION websites (US Bureau labor statistics, etc) shows:
    Average working hours per week of US public school teachers:

Ages 20-29: 37 hours per week

Ages 30-39: 36 hours per week

Ages 40-49: 40 hours per week

Ages 50-59: 42 hours per week

Of those teachers, THIRTY PERCENT did statistically significant work at home in addition which amounted to several hours per week.

Source: US BLS
    Last edited by Insanity_SC; 06-22-2016 at 01:41 PM.

BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000) BerimBROlo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheStove123 View Post
    Some of them end up working 2nd jobs, like at a car wash. I can't imagine what would happen if they got really sick with something like lung cancer. Prob have to do something drastic

My high school chem teacher threw his pizza on the roof of his ex wife's house. Funny as fuk
    Jiu Jitsu Crew
    Freestyle wrestling crew
    Asian crew

"Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle."

MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MYOFIBRAH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BerimBROlo View Post
    My high school chem teacher threw his pizza on the roof of his ex wife's house. Funny as fuk
    was his wife a....

a........

a...........

a BITCH?!?!?!?!?!
    Discipline is the bridge between goal and accomplishment

For the wretched of the earth, they are everywhere

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol @ *******s dissing teachers ITT you are what's wrong in your society lol.

You guys have no idea what primary/highschool teachers are going through and how important their job is.

Glorified babysitter !? Holy fck...

BTW, I'm not a teacher myself, nor do I aspired to be one. I just wanted to point out how stupid some miscers are.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Benihanas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Insanity_SC View Post
    They are not. I know a dozen teachers plus a few more in my close family. More like 50 hour work weeks IF that. and half those hours are fuking easy.

Look, the myth is busted. the past is gone. Teachers in the US are the most overpaid profession. Do you know supply and demand? if its so underpaid WHY IS THERE A HUGE WAITING LIST TO BECOME A TEACHER? Because the certification is easy and the pay is high. Period.

Go look at the average hours worked statistics for public school teachers. Look at the average compensation per hour. It's much much higher than the average us income.

some research done on NON TEACHER UNION websites (US Bureau labor statistics, etc) shows:

Of those teachers, THIRTY PERCENT did statistically significant work at home in addition which amounted to several hours per week.
    I worked 70-80 hours per week when all was said and done on average while I was teaching. My sister does too and she's still teaching. My mom has been able to cut it back because she has been teaching for 20+ years and can tweak existing material, but this is in no way a lie.

I guess it's more like what the previous poster said, some teachers can coast through the job and get away with being a chit teacher and perpetuating the chit stereotypes, but those of us that actually have a passion for the craft and the field work damn hard to make and be a difference and it's an absolute travesty that all that work and dedication is dismissed so easily by the average general public.

BTW those fancy stats don't count for out-of-school work, you know, the grading, the lesson planning, etc.

Where is this ridiculous notion that there's a huge waiting list to become a teacher coming from? There isn't some roll call list you sign up for, and teaching license programs vary state to state, so that was a very incorrect and unsubstantiated comment.
    *Korea Krew* *MMMC*

Blackhawks/Bears/White Sox/Marquette Basketball

aesthetics =/= social aptitude

curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500) curry4life is not very helpful. (-500)
    My girlfriend is a elementary education Major and i was a computer science major. I looked at some of her classes that she had to take and her sample certification questions and i thought it was a joke. Being a teacher requires limited education serious. I bet i can be a teacher in less then 6 months by just passing a stupid certification test lmao

solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) solidus2k3 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    in for new debate to over take stemmies vs traddies..... all workers vs teachers

Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Insanity_SC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yes but you are not the norm. You may be a phenomenal teacher. The average teacher is clearly shown by statistics to produce anything but phenomenal results and on average works fewer hours than their professional counterparts yet make considerably more per hour. The problem is the average is become worse and worse in America. IMO that is a direct result of incentives and completely distorted education market. The causes are debatable, the outcome unfortunately is not.

because MERICA that's why TheAmericano's Avatar
    TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheAmericano is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wow some of you are legit ruslted...how can science teacher be real if book aren't real

and if books aren't real than your eyes aren't real

and if your eyes aren't real than you aren't real

which means money isn't real

/thread
    - I'm sorry; I couldn't hear your complaints over the sound of all this freedom!

~ Merica

- Everybody wants to make it, but nobody wants to put in the work!

Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mike2cool0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I went to high school in a respectable school district in TX and most of the teachers made 55-60k while the doctorates/long time teachers made 80k+

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    my sister in law teaches second grade and make 90k per year in orange county. 90k for a damn day care.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000) KJacko90 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My girlfriend is a elementary education Major and i was a computer science major. I looked at some of her classes that she had to take and her sample certification questions and i thought it was a joke. Being a teacher requires limited education serious. I bet i can be a teacher in less then 6 months by just passing a stupid certification test lmao
    In the UK you need a degree in the subject you want to teach at secondary school. I have a masters degree in Maths and I'm a teacher. Yes, to teach kids that are about 3 years old you don't need a degree but of course you ****ing don't - they're three.

EDIT: Would also like to see some of you saying it's like being a babysitter looking after some of the classes I've had to have multiple hours a week. Most of you wouldn't come back for the second lesson.

500 Internal Server Error jujuB's Avatar
    jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    they also pretty much get 3 months off.

summer break
    winter break
    thanksgiving break
    major holidays
    RIP mainsqueeze530 1991-2013

JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPF82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    my ma and sister are also teachers in a different state and have to do summer PD work, seminars, and district meetings, it's not every day every week type of work but you can't just fuk off for the summer and do nothing

and yeah, lesson planning sucks, especially with common core or if one lesson falls flat and you have to go back and rework the next 2 weeks of your unit.

We don't have common core, or just recently passed bill for common core. Maybe that has something to do with it?

But I can assure you my gf at the time got home on time and worked all summer as a waitress for spare spending coin.

OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneWayFS is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by xHiroko View Post
    Yearly salary of high school teachers in here is low as well than the average jobs.
    My teachers in high school all earned 15,541$ a year.
    And the cost of living in Tel Aviv is much higher than in Ohio or w/e areas you stated in this thread.
    bro I'm in college and I make almost that much per year

bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100) bobbjj is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by sices View Post
    u wot? my mom teaches kindergarten in NY and makes like $120k.

She also has 3 masters and has been teaching for like 30 years tho.
    Lol, my mom too. I always tell her she gets six figures to make kids take naps.
    Last edited by bobbjj; 06-22-2016 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The majority of HS teachers, even in the sciences, only have a 4 year degree. Their salary is comparable to entry level science jobs where people work year round. Teachers are paid just fine.

If you want better education, get rid of unions. We need a system where we can fire bad teachers and reward good ones.
    "Seen in the light of evolution, biology is, perhaps, intellectually the most satisfying and inspiring science. Without that light it becomes a pile of sundry facts -- some of them interesting or curious but making no meaningful picture as a whole."

Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reliance012 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Insanity_SC View Post

Source: US BLS
    Rekt.

/thread

YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YasiinBey is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KJacko90 View Post
    Can confirm this is not true. High school maths teacher here.
    you really 25? how does it feel when ******** hs females tease you?
    Electrical Engineering crew
    Keepin it real always crew
    Cologne Crew
    Broke now but i'll be richer than most of my m8's crew
    Keep your fkin distance and leave me alone crew

devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where do you live OP?

That is like the starting salary for teachers in ND. I live on the border and most people try to go to the MN side because they know they will get paid more there.
    NDSU Crew
    Kansas City Royals Crew
    Winnipeg Blue Bombers Crew
    Over the Top is the GOAT Movie Crew
    HTC 4 life brother!!!

"If you don't have skid marks on your underwear after a leg workout, then you aren't training hard enough" - Big Lenny

Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Kraken has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is why a lot of teachers are going to private schools. Better pay (typically), better working conditions, kids are typically more behaved, better teaching/learning atmosphere. The public school systems have been knocked down so much they are pathetic. It's hard as hell to get in to any school that is good, and there aren't many of them left.
    One party system; Most Republicans are Democrats, but no Democrats are Republicans.
    Hayek and Mises were right; they're all socialists.
    "To Call something fair or unfair is a subjective value judgment and not liable to any verification" Ludwig Von Mises

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    on top of chit pay at public school, a lot of them work at home grading/reviewing papers/etc. It's more than a 9-5 job.

Then parents complain that teachers don't do enough.
    I'm not blessed with riches, but I am rich with blessings.
    Thank you, LORD, my God.
    IG: Tuksonrider

reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) reddanak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They don't work year round though. Family friend works at an oil refinery during his time off from teaching and makes pretty decent money while still working his dream job teaching and coaching HS football.

Sure, they should make more... but no one told the current generation of teachers to go into a line of work that has always been known to be underappreciated in almost every way. They knew what they were getting into, so I have a hard time feeling bad for them.

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by reddanak View Post
    They don't work year round though. Family friend works at an oil refinery during his time off from teaching and makes pretty decent money while still working his dream job teaching and coaching HS football.

Sure, they should make more... but no one told the current generation of teachers to go into a line of work that has always been known to be underappreciated in almost every way. They knew what they were getting into, so I have a hard time feeling bad for them.
    True. It's not like it's a shock to them when they get their first paycheck. Yeah, a lot of them pick up other jobs during the off-season.

I really don't have a dog in this fight though. Home-schooling kid.
    I'm not blessed with riches, but I am rich with blessings.
    Thank you, LORD, my God.
    IG: Tuksonrider

max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000) max1122 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by reddanak View Post

So instead of making the profession more appreciated which will, in turn, inspire more teachers to be more productive and increase job satisfaction, you think it's a better idea to go "Oh the job is underappreciated, so either deal with it or don't do it at all." It's obvious that they have to deal with it, though some may or may not know what they were getting into. I do also realize that not every teaching position is equal. Some teachers work harder than others, just like in any other professions. Aside from parents and guardians, [good] teachers help steer the students into the right direction, teach them respect and discipline. Unless your kids are home-schooled, they spend almost as much time with the teachers as they do with you. Teachers should rightfully receive more recognition than they currently do.

/Not a teacher. Don't have the patience and self-control. I work at a level 1 trauma center where the adult and pediatrics side are separated (work both sides), and my god the number of dumb-ass parents and spoiled kids I see is astronomical. Can't imagine dealing with that on a daily basis.
    Last edited by max1122; 06-22-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    Signature

Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lawlstud has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bestbuyy View Post
    Average starting salary: $32k for high school science teachers in my area. after taxes is like 26k. how do these people live?
    Yup my mom started out at 33k/year with a 4 year degree. Just lol. Was legit making that at 19 years old.

They don't get into it for the money.
    Belief without evidence is a fools game.

Listen Crew - Anything on your mind, want someone to talk to? Hit that PM button brah
    5 * Thread Maker
    Lone Star State Crew
    Diesel Life Crew
    Lol @ Trumplets Crew
    Lol @ CEO of Exxon for SoS, GoldmanSachs for Treasury, and Creationist for Education Crew
    Lol @ Drain the Swamp Crew
    Reps for life: stfaulk89