jimread20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Im new I need as much help as possible!

Hello, Just to introduce myself and give a little background information, my name is Jim Read. I have been an athlete all of my life up to this year of college. I played soccer (goal keeper) on a team called Philadelphia Coppa, we played in the national tournaments, and I also played ODP for the south jersey area team,
    i was a four year varsity goalie and i wrestled varsity my freshman year for high school. I then played soccer for the last 2 years at my community college where I was starting keeper. I was always in good shape in my life, skinny, muscular until this year. When i went to try out for goalie all the coaches and players were angry because I have gotten fat and i couldn't perform how I did the prior year.

I have been trying to go in my basement and do dumbbells and lift, but I do it for 2 days and I stop for 3, im not conisitant with it and I think its because I am not seeing any results when I do lift, and I have nothing to follow.

Right now I have no diet what so ever, I was drinking tons of 64 oz WAWA lemonade tea every day which is loaded with sugar, I eat mcdonalds, checkers all of the time, but its because I don't know what I am allowed to eat. Which i understand is probably the worst thing possible, but I'm not sure what i should follow.

Basically what I want to do is try to lose as much wait possible, ASAP, I really don't care about muscle right now which I do eventually want to get, but if its only losing weight i can do right now thats what i want to aim for.

As you can see in my pictures I am just fat, I think mirrors lie to you, because every time i look in the mirror i don't look as bad. And now that i took a picture of me i see how extremely fat i really am, my face is fat, i have man boobs, its not cool anymore I need to do something about it.

The main reason i want to start losing weight is because, I am embarrassed to be seen on the beach, I feel weird without a shirt on in front of my girlfriend who i been with for a year, and i just don't like myself how i look anymore at all.

So if anyone has a workout, diet plan you think would work good for me PLEASE post it, I am mentally tough so i know if i have something to follow I can do it.

Thanks alot!

- Jim

patsmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This advice may sound harsh, and it probably is, but it needs to be said. I'm not experienced enough to give you a full diet/workout programme, but I'll try to help you out with a few things

Originally Posted by jimread20 View Post
    im not conisitant with it and I think its because I am not seeing any results when I do lift, and I have nothing to follow.
    Get consistent. Start combining meaningful weight sessions with decent amounts of cardio. The weight sessions will increase your metabolism over a long period, while the cardio will help you get the required caloric deficit (the difference between the energy you consume and the energy you use) to shed the weight.

I was drinking tons of 64 oz WAWA lemonade tea every day which is loaded with sugar
    Drink water, tea or protein shakes (in moderation). Nothing else is necessary. The average person can lose an extraordinary amount of weight merely by cutting out sweet drinks. If you have to, make sure it is a diet or light variety. Also, if you are determined, you will cut out alcohol, at least in the short term.

The value of water cannot be underestimated. By drinking it through the day you increase your metabolism, feel more full and keep your body hydrated (which is vital for all body functions, including muscle building and fat loss).

I eat mcdonalds, checkers all of the time, but its because I don't know what I am allowed to eat.
    Now that is an incredibly lame excuse. You know fully well that junk food will make you fat. You know that you shouldn't be eating it. It's got nothing to do with not knowing what to eat. Just do the obvious thing and stop eating it!

Chastising aside, you should be striving to eat six small meals a day, with each preferably providing you with good nutrients and some protein. Foods which will come in handy are canned tuna, lean meats, green vegetables (particularly good for making you feel full without too many calories), many fruits, and good carbs, which can be found in whole-grain breads, brown rice, oatmeal and sweet potatoes. If you are serious about this, you will eliminate refined carbs from your diet. These are found in white bread, bagels, donuts, ricecakes and many other things.

For more info (of which there is heaps), go to the Nutrition section and have a look around.

Basically what I want to do is try to lose as much wait possible, ASAP, I really don't care about muscle right now which I do eventually want to get, but if its only losing weight i can do right now thats what i want to aim for.
    No, you should care if it is muscle. Muscle can be quite hard to get back, and while losing it may make you think "wow, I lost 20 pounds", you will still look overweight. Muscle is also essential for increasing your metabolism. A person with greater muscle mass burns more energy in a resting state than someone who has less. In order to preserve muscle, maintain a high protein intake and continue to do weights. It may take a little while longer, but it is definitely worth it.

The main reason i want to start losing weight is because, I am embarrassed to be seen on the beach, I feel weird without a shirt on in front of my girlfriend who i been with for a year, and i just don't like myself how i look anymore at all.
    Now you have two goals. Get back to your previous form in soccer, and look good on the beach. Use these goals as inspiration to stick with your programme and be disciplined about what you are doing.

Obviously, this post only scratched the surface of a variety of issues, but take some time to research the specifics. The average person has a lot to learn about nutrition, so make it your mission to find out more.

Good luck.

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jimread20 View Post
    So if anyone has a workout, diet plan you think would work good for me PLEASE post it, I am mentally tough so i know if i have something to follow I can do it.
    YOU are going to have to design a diet plan for yourself. Once you have determined the right amount of calories you need to eat each day for fat loss, you can start to formulate a plan. Once you have a diet plan, post it here and we will help tweak it. To help you in doing this...you can read the stickies in the Losing Fat, and Nutrition forums! They are loaded with a lot of good information to get you started...which is why they are there. When you are done with that, use the search feature to answer any other questions before posting them. Reading peoples online journals are another way to help YOU decide on a diet plan.

Here are a few stickies to get you started:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=81315
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=538637
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=492749

Same is true with workout plans, YOU have to figure stuff out for yourself based on the equipment you have at home or if you join a gym. Here is a sticky in the Workout Programs forum to help you...but YOU have to do the reading:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=972440

If you want a customized diet & workout plan, there are several trainers on this site, including the one that I use, that will do so...but you have to pay for the service.

Best to you on reaching your goals.
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai