Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Cut at six or eight months?

Hey ladies!

Some advice needed. I'm coming up to five months into my bulk (been bulking since January) and I've been lifting three times a week following The New Rules of Lifting For Women program. The program is coming to an end six months in, in July.

I started my bulk slightly underweight for my height (around 118lbs I think it was), weighed in yesterday at 142lbs. Seems like a lot of gain in such a short space of time, but I feel like I had room to put it on. I've been eating 1900 calories daily on average, pretty high carb and high protein.

I was originally planning on bulking for eight months, but considering the rate of weight gain, would you recommend cutting after the six month mark? None of my lifts have stalled and I'm not feeling overly uncomfortable yet (I'm getting there though) but I also don't want to cut too soon and be right back where I started underweight. I'm loving the differences in my body so far for the most part.

I've attached a progress photo, first picture is a month in, second two months, third three, fourth a couple of weeks ago.

Any advice much appreciated!

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're still pretty darn lean, I'd say keep going longer if you're comfortable with it. Six months is a good minimum, but 8-12 is more optimal since muscle gain is the harder part.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spartess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the advice Luna. That's encouraging!

Yeah I for sure don't want to cut too early and sell myself short and regret it. You don't think the rate of gain is too quick? I eat a lot of carbs and don't drink as much water as I should, so maybe some is water weight. Stay the course on 1900 cals you think?

I'm actually going to buy some bigger clothes tonight after work. I tried a pair of work pants on this morning and they didn't even fit hahaha It's things like that I need to stay away from.

nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nikky78 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say keep going...you look great! And you have a nice shape!

Originally Posted by nikky78 View Post
    I'd say keep going...you look great! And you have a nice shape!
    Thanks very much Nikky! I think I'm going to power through. I want MOAR MUSCLE! So eight months is for sure better than six. Twelve may be near impossible but I'll see where I'm at after the eight month mark

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Spartess View Post
    You don't think the rate of gain is too quick? I eat a lot of carbs and don't drink as much water as I should, so maybe some is water weight. Stay the course on 1900 cals you think?
    Considering you started underweight, gaining a little quicker wouldn't have been a bad thing. Though you could slow it down as 24lbs in five months is on the fast side, and continuing at that rate may make you more uncomfortable quicker. If you can get it down to where you're gaining 1-2lbs a month it'd be a good pace. 200-250cals over maintenance should do it. You may lose some water weight at first from the reduction in intake, but once that balances out you'll see if you're going at the rate you want.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Considering you started underweight, gaining a little quicker wouldn't have been a bad thing. Though you could slow it down as 24lbs in five months is on the fast side, and continuing at that rate may make you more uncomfortable quicker. If you can get it down to where you're gaining 1-2lbs a month it'd be a good pace. 200-250cals over maintenance should do it. You may lose some water weight at first from the reduction in intake, but once that balances out you'll see if you're going at the rate you want.
    Thanks Luna, that's what I thought. Seeing as I still have at least three months to go then I'm going to have to try and slow it down a bit. Going to drop cals to around 1800 this week and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice as always girl

BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoringWesley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    You're still pretty darn lean, I'd say keep going longer if you're comfortable with it. Six months is a good minimum, but 8-12 is more optimal since muscle gain is the harder part.
    ^agree with this, you're making great progress and look fantastic. Keep it up.