SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SkinnyKappa is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Dying to quit, need motivation

I've been working out for 2 years. So far I've basically injured every part of my body at least once, despite having countless personal trainers look at my form to make sure I'm doing each exercise correctly. Really made sure to eat enough protein and manage my caloric intake. Had a regular routine that I followed religiously.

And guess what? For starters, I still look like a noob. To be honest though that's not what's bothering me; I've been going to the gym because I love going to the gym and not because I want to look good (though that's a plus). But I'm growing sick and tired of it lately.

Honestly? The primary reason I'm losing motivation is the injuries. I just came back from the gym today and the left side of my abs is in pain. Yesterday my lower back was in pain. And heck my knee kills me all the time. I really can't stand the injuries anymore and, again, I always have personal trainers look at my form to make sure I'm doing everything right and yet I come home and the pain kicks in.

This saddens me the most, the fact that I'm destroying my body for absolutely no reason. Working out is supposed to be healthy and good for your body, yet my back and knee hurt like a bitch and I'm going to a different doctors more often than I ever had. I keep telling myself that I'm not built for bodybuilding, that I'm meant to be a skinny ****, and eventually this will discourage me completely.

Anyone else in a similar scenario?

WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50) WarWithWeakness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Working out should not cause a huge amount of injuries. With that being said, I've been there; where everything you do seems to break your body rather than build it. Look at what you're doing; it's amazing how many obstacles you can manage. Regular stretching is incredibly important - if you're focusing on a couple of muscles, or lifts, then stretch those areas several times a day. Fish oil is amazing, but in my experience you need to take a LOT of it, I suppose other anti-inflammatories must help too, but fish oil has stood head and shoulders above anything else I've tried. I also had some success with some joint mobility exercises - basically moving joints through their full range of motion 10-20 times when you wake up. Honestly, I'm lazy and the joint-mobility exercises and stretching in general I only do for areas that are either injury prone for me or that I'm pushing especially hard.

Protein intake is crucial too, and I really don't think there is a quantity that is "enough", if you're training hard it's (in my unqualified opinion) extremely difficult to eat too much protein. It's just not going to happen.

Also, sleep, as much as you can.

You'll be surprised by what your body can do, when you look after it right. If it keeps breaking, then you're either using atrocious form (and even then, you might be okay), or you need to be working harder on your active recovery.

Most of us aren't built for bodybuilding, strength training, or whatever else we're shooting for, but through perseverance and hard work, we control our own destiny.
    A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he gives up, or dies.

sikknt7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyKappa View Post
    I've been working out for 2 years. So far I've basically injured every part of my body at least once, despite having countless personal trainers look at my form to make sure I'm doing each exercise correctly. Really made sure to eat enough protein and manage my caloric intake. Had a regular routine that I followed religiously.

And guess what? For starters, I still look like a noob. To be honest though that's not what's bothering me; I've been going to the gym because I love going to the gym and not because I want to look good (though that's a plus). But I'm growing sick and tired of it lately.

Honestly? The primary reason I'm losing motivation is the injuries. I just came back from the gym today and the left side of my abs is in pain. Yesterday my lower back was in pain. And heck my knee kills me all the time. I really can't stand the injuries anymore and, again, I always have personal trainers look at my form to make sure I'm doing everything right and yet I come home and the pain kicks in.

This saddens me the most, the fact that I'm destroying my body for absolutely no reason. Working out is supposed to be healthy and good for your body, yet my back and knee hurt like a bitch and I'm going to a different doctors more often than I ever had. I keep telling myself that I'm not built for bodybuilding, that I'm meant to be a skinny ****, and eventually this will discourage me completely.

here you go brah: i always workout whether I'm injured, or when it's raining/snowing outside. i don't give a fuk, if you wanna achieve something you need to go for it no matter what

FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000) FairSquare is just really nice. (+1000)
    We've all been there. Are you supplementing? It's very difficult for us to get all the vitamins and minerals with a standard diet and soil depletion. On top of that, working out under heavy resistance forces our muscles to grow and that takes a lot of nutrients, so if our diet is already a tad malnourished, and our muscles start pulling from an empty sink, we start ending up with injuries because the building/repair process is being hindered.

I think Magnesium is probably one of the biggest deficiencies most of us have to contend with, check into a strong Mg supplement, and check which ones are ineffective or even harmful (magnesium oxide is useless, and it's the most commonly sold at grocery stores or pharmacy sections).

On the training level, once you have nutrition, form, program, and sleep dialed in, you should have no trouble making gains. Even if you make gains on the slower end of the spectrum, you should gain muscle and strength. You'll have to learn to take your time with it and not push the weight up too fast when you think you're making more gains than you actually are. That's a recipe for constant injuries.

Good luck man.

Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah ^ listen to this guy

Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redwhitenblue will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sikknt7 View Post
    here you go brah: i always workout whether I'm injured, or when it's raining/snowing outside. i don't give a fuk, if you wanna achieve something you need to go for it no matter what
    Yeah ^ listen to this guy, i didnt mean to write it as a reply lol

cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cdjeffery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FairSquare View Post
    We've all been there. Are you supplementing? It's very difficult for us to get all the vitamins and minerals with a standard diet and soil depletion. On top of that, working out under heavy resistance forces our muscles to grow and that takes a lot of nutrients, so if our diet is already a tad malnourished, and our muscles start pulling from an empty sink, we start ending up with injuries because the building/repair process is being hindered.

I think Magnesium is probably one of the biggest deficiencies most of us have to contend with, check into a strong Mg supplement, and check which ones are ineffective or even harmful (magnesium oxide is useless, and it's the most commonly sold at grocery stores or pharmacy sections).

On the training level, once you have nutrition, form, program, and sleep dialed in, you should have no trouble making gains. Even if you make gains on the slower end of the spectrum, you should gain muscle and strength. You'll have to learn to take your time with it and not push the weight up too fast when you think you're making more gains than you actually are. That's a recipe for constant injuries.

Good luck man.
    Nutrition, Form, Program & Sleep.. The 4 major keys
    Just pick that sh!t up!

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyKappa View Post

Have you gained any weight since you started training? If no, you might want to consider that you may not supporting growth with adequate nutrition.

Injuries suck, perhaps it's time to sit down with a tablet and try to figure out what is going wrong. Maybe go outside your gym and get some help.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl