SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100)

Question If i stop using creatine will i lose muscle mass?

So I know there have been a lot of threads like this but I just can't seem to figure it out.
    I have a couple of questions:

1. Besides improving my strength, will creatine improve the rate at which i gain muscle mass? (and I don't mean water weight)

2. After I stop using creatine, I know my strength will decrease and I will lose the water weight, but will I lose any muscle mass that I have gained through using creatine?

3. And what kind of creatine would you recommend me?

4. And how exactly does creatine help improve gains?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SoCoolGuy; 06-07-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SoCoolGuy View Post
    So I know there have been a lot of threads like this but I just can't seem to figure it out.

1. Besides improving my strength, will creatine improve the rate at which i gain muscle mass? (and I don't mean water weight)
    As far as I know, the answer is no.

2. After I stop using creatine, I know my strength will decrease and I will lose the water weight, but will I lose any muscle mass that I have gained through using creatine?
    No, and you probably won't notice the strength decrease as it will be slight.

Bulk monohydrate, 3-5g a day. There are other types, but IMO no evidence any of them are any better than mono.

Creatine allows your muscles to store ATP (energy). The energy gets released during times of stress (for our purposes training), and this allows you to either get a few more pounds on the bar or an extra rep. It will give you improved results over time. It's not particularly noticeable in any one session.

Thanks!
    You're welcome
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100) SoCoolGuy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thanks man, repped!!!

sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man, repped!!!
    I hope you weren't being gender specific while thanking :P

aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50) aberry9475 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lean mass no, absolute (total) mass potentially. Creatine has the effect of pulling additional water into your muscles and can have a (small) potential volumizing effect in that regard. If you go off of it you'll keep all of your lean gains, but you will lose that water which may cause a (again, trivial) decrease in size. The only thing I have to argue is I do notice the difference when I'm off creatine versus when I have started it and been on it for a full week or so. It's not a big difference, but a couple extra reps here and there for sure. There's no need to cycle creatine though, I recommend just getting on it and staying on it (and drinking lots of water).

NancySigzen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi All,

I have a question regarding supplements intake. I heard from my friends that taking supplements are not good for health and it may damage kidney. Is it true or just a myth....please answer
    Big Smile,
    From Nancy
    www.wellbeingart.com

daduncan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks!
    You will lose some endurance but your 1RM and lower rep potential will not change. You will not lose any muscle mass only water weight. Just buy creatine monohydrate, Optimum Nutrition is good. I take 7-10g a day and never cycle (other when I forget to take it).

daduncan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by NancySigzen View Post
    Hi All,

I have a question regarding supplements intake. I heard from my friends that taking supplements are not good for health and it may damage kidney. Is it true or just a myth....please answer
    Your friends have no clue what they're taking about. That's an extremely generalizing statement. Some supplmenets are dangerous and can damage your kidneys but definitely not most of them or all of them. Pre-workouts tend to be more dangerous in general and that's why I never use them. If you're considering specific supplments tell me what they are and I'll let you know if they're safe.