scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Trying To Deadlift Things And Then Do Other Things On Other Days Log

Ok everyone, here's another powerlifting log. I've been on this site in some capacity--barely ever update my profile but I guess I could go throw up some more recent stats and pictures because what's up now is pretty outdated--since something like '10. Thought I would start another log mostly because I am horrendously bad about logging and I think at this point it would be good to start trying to force myself to do so more consistently.

So, currently working on cutting so I can squeak my way back down to the 132 class after just competing as a light 148. I've competed at every weight class including and between 105-148. I managed to break the deadlift ATWR at the 123 class last August after cutting from 131 down to that weight and pulling 454 lbs. Since then someone has done something like 460 at 123, so I think I held the record for something like 8 months. Things move fast in this sport. At my last meet I competed in the 148 class weighing in (without cutting, duh) at 142--did a 1030 total no wraps with a 336 squat, 214 bench, and 479 dead. Sandbagged my squat, pressed 220 but didn't get it because I managed to bobble the bar on the way to lockout, and the deadlift was straight up not there that day.

So I'm moving back down to 132 (current weight as of today is 141, and I don't want to make a big cut to 132 so will continue to lean out to 138-139) and would like to improve on my total for that weight class. Current ATWR at 132 is a 485 dead held by Susan Salazar.

Stats: Age: 30 Height: 5'2" weight: fluctuates, see above Weight class: fluctuates, see above Federation: anything that lets me bench with my heels off the floor because that's how I roll Favorite Food: Fried things.

Usually would have lifted at this point in the day but won't till probably about 4 hours from now so instead I'll just double log tomorrow.
    Lifts as a light 148 (April 2016): 336 squat in sleeves, 214 bench, 479 dead.
    Lifts at 123(August 2015): 303 squat, 192 bench, 454 deadlift
    IDK I like lifting.

scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scruffylizard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Alright, so:

On Tuesday I didn't end up lifting until stupid late at night because life. So I did three straight sets of paused deadlifts. 4's this week. Felt good, weight moved well, but didn't hit any assistance because finished the aforementioned stupid late at night.

...10 hours later I was back in the gym for front squatting, and 10 hours after deadlifting does not a good front squat session make. Did 3 x 4 and shut it down because it was feeling awful, duh. Did 3 or 4 lower body assistance movements to make up some training volume and just got the hell out of there.

Yesterday's work was overhead press because I have a shoulder impingement that's manifesting in my rear delt/Lat/tricep tie-in/shoot this could be some RC unhappiness/ok let's rehab it before it gets worse and strict press is the only thing that doesn't bug it.

Did one top set of 5 reps and then dropped the weight for 4 back-off sets of 5. I'm horribly weak at strict press so while I don't really believe it will transfer to my bench, we'll see. I'm holding out the faintest of hopes.

Got my thigh tattoo worked on yesterday after lifting and it's huge and is sore as sh*t today. So I'm going to be possibly not squatting tomorrow which would be ok because I haven't taken any sort of organized deload on that lift in a while.
    Lifts as a light 148 (April 2016): 336 squat in sleeves, 214 bench, 479 dead.
    Lifts at 123(August 2015): 303 squat, 192 bench, 454 deadlift
    IDK I like lifting.