chelseaspinos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Struggling to find motivation...will I ever LOVE lifting again?

So for the past few months, I can't say that I have been excited to train. I've made myself do my workouts 5 days per week and usually feel better when I am halfway through the workout (endorphins probably ha). I've followed a "powerbuilding" style since last November, but right now my left hip flexor is injured (only hurts at bottom of squat, but every other leg exercise is fine).

Idk if its being restricted by my hip flexor for squats or what, but I find myself no longer excited to lift. I used to love going to the gym and training was something I looked forward to. Part of me misses a more bodybuilding style approach, but I love being strong in the big lifts and actually seeing numbers increase (esp. since muscle growth is slow process). Tbh, I'm also nervous what people will think if my strength is no longer "impressive" or there...

Have any of you experienced something similar? How did you find motivation again?

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If it was me, I would take a week or two off then come back probably just doing something like 3 days a week and just mostly do exercises you like. Obviously, you can't like them all but just do things that you won't hate haha. Like I HATE back squats so I never do them and I HATE cardio more than about 10 minutes so I never do longer than that!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Get yourself on a different program that has you in the gym less and let your injury heal. Eating at maintenance will also help to speed up recovery. Unless you're bringing your own personal audience to the gym to watch you lift...no one is watching you lift and or gives a shi* to how much you're lifting or not lifting...true story.

Feel better.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chelseaspinos View Post
    So for the past few months, I can't say that I have been excited to train. I've made myself do my workouts 5 days per week and usually feel better when I am halfway through the workout (endorphins probably ha). I've followed a "powerbuilding" style since last November, but right now my left hip flexor is injured (only hurts at bottom of squat, but every other leg exercise is fine).

Idk if its being restricted by my hip flexor for squats or what, but I find myself no longer excited to lift. I used to love going to the gym and training was something I looked forward to. Part of me misses a more bodybuilding style approach, but I love being strong in the big lifts and actually seeing numbers increase (esp. since muscle growth is slow process). Tbh, I'm also nervous what people will think if my strength is no longer "impressive" or there...

Have any of you experienced something similar? How did you find motivation again?
    I think everyone goes or has gone through something like this , have you thought of competing in powerlifting ? nothing like setting yourself for a specific goal to restore some excitement
    give your training a purpose
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Take regular deloads (not full breaks). Remind yourself of what your actual goals are. Then see how much/little and what type of training is right for your specific goals. Consider what style of lifting you actually enjoy. Stop hip flexor exercises until you are fully healed. And QUIT BEING MOTIVATED BY THE APPROVAL OF OTHERS, this is a road to joylessness.

Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lsulliv3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is exactly how I feel right now. I feel completely unmotivated, I don't even want to walk the dog in the morning. This could be depression for me or something else, I don't know. Working out just feels like something I don't even want to contemplate right now. Just responding to your post to let you know you're not alone right now.