Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by imalexwhobeyou View Post
    Damn, talk about coincidences and luck. I've been on this site for about 8 years, lurking even before I had an account. Once I started college, I still misc'd it every now and then but haven't in over a year. The one time I decided to log back in to lurk a bit before bed for ****s n' giggles, I stumble on to this thread the night it's about to be deleted. Bend me over, slap my ass and call me Sally if that isn't some **** hahaha.

I've spent the past hour or so reading and re-reading some of your posts, thanks for the incredibly insightful advice you've shared on here. I see completely eye to eye with it.

To give you the sparknotes version about myself, I had a very similar upbringing in a poor environment. However, both my parents, though flawed as most of us are, were incredibly supportive. Because of this and their sacrifices to emigrate to the states, I stuck through education and just recently graduated from a top university. Like you, I was a straight up FA anxiety ridden dude throughout most of highschool, and even though I had my inner group of friends, never wanted to be "noticed". I finally decided that this was a chitty way to live and decided to be the "yes man", saying yes to anything and everything and tackling the anxiety head on. Realizing college was a way to start over again, I spent my time searching forums and studying anything I could to become a better social individual. I knew I was a witty, empathetic guy who people enjoyed being around; I just didn't know how to express this side to people I wasn't comfortable with. College hit, I joined a fraternity my freshman fall quarter, and then it all went from there. I eventually became social chair for my chapter, something I never could have envisioned years prior. Getting girls got me over the social phobia and made me realize my self-worth; working on my personal identity and attributes cemented it.

Sorry that this sparknotes turned into a Wikipedia article but I just wanted you to get a background into the type of person I am today. Now that I'm graduated with a degree I don't plan on pursuing further (psychology), I find myself 21 years old and about to turn 22 next month. Money has never been the focus for me, but with my major, I knew I had to look into an alternate career path. Thinking introspectively, I realized that establishing common ground and forming interpersonal relationships with those around you is the most important skill I gained from college (and the past 21 years in general). Everything positive that I experienced revolved heavily around networking and being a likable individual. Thus, I took a friend's advice and began looking into several sales positions.

A few days after my birthday next month, I begin a job in the tech industry. I still don't know personally if I believe in signs or things being placed purposely in front of you (AKA luck I suppose lmao) but if you have the time, please check your PM as I'd love to ask you a few questions and gain some insight about certain aspects of my career path moving forward.

You're the man, man. Thanks for your advice and I'm sure those seeking to better themselves will benefit greatly from them. Cheers!

PS: probably the strongest 1rd post of 2016 hahaha

Hey man, I read every word. It's not too long at all, and you have a really good story. Good for your parents for doing that for you.. take advantage of your situation.

As far as the PM, absolutely, send it to me. Be patient as I respond to it, I will within the next week or two. The only reason for the slow reply is I've gotten probably 50 from this thread and I'm trying to respond to them all carefully with detail instead of just a spam reply. This thread blew up, has like 25,000 views now. Anyway, I look forward to your PM and I'll be glad to help.

I just want to say one more time, I'm not suggesting those of you who can go to college don't. A good intelligent degree can even be useful in my field especially if you want to get into upper management. Living on campus at a university is a huge privilege I never was able to have but partied with guys who did, and it's the experience of a lifetime. If you can do it, do it. If you can attend college, go for it. I talk more about this on previous pages, probably with more detail, but my goal is just to let people know that no university degree doesn't mean you're stuck or can't make yourself a millionaire many times over, and you don't have to be some coffee addicted work horse up at 6am every day with luck to make it. Small steps can get you there. Living under your means (spending less than you make) and investing a good chunk of your income from a young age will do so much for your entire life. However, when you're young, your focus should be less on "where to invest" and more on how to increase your paycheck and market yourself, build your own brand.

Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hadtodoit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Weezy32 View Post
    Why is it being deleted i seriously cant see a reason on why this thread would ever hurt you in the future.
    It's just not something I'd want my colleagues seeing. That, and I wouldn't necessarily want them seeing I browse this forum. There's a whole lot of good on this forum, smart people willing to help and debate almost any subject you can think of and it's really educational, but there's also a lot of bad on this forum, like any public forum.

I also would never tell colleagues that I'm doing well. I'd never tell them I bought an expensive car or what I make... it just doesn't seem professional.

Completely off topic.. I've started to debate that. In my past, I always took the "act like a good old boy" approach to business and colleagues, as in not flashy, not too proud, just confident calm and knowledgeable. However lately I'm questioning my strategy of not flashing my success and I'm starting to wonder what's best for me. On one hand.. nobody likes a guy who's flashy. Nobody wants to give a guy a raise who already has nice things. People think you're in it for the money and may not trust your motives. I still believe this and this has been my logic in the past when dealing with colleagues/business partners.

However lately I'm wondering if telling colleagues (in a non bragging way) that I have things and that I make a lot of money actually raises my stock.. if you will. As in.. sure it may come off wrong that I have a nice car, etc... but... on the other hand, it may show that I'm good at what I do, and may reflect an image of power. While it may not initially come off well it may create some level of respect. I've only ever recently had this thought after seeing one guy in my industry do it (it's really rare), he has a bunch of nice cars, high end custom Italian suits.. It's not my type and we all give him **** behind closed doors about it but there's also this vibe that he'd be really expensive to hire, and must produce more than average and gets some level of respect for it. It's different. idk.

I don't know.. just sharing thoughts with you guys, if I can't here anonymously (except for the few of you I know.. and J) where can I. I'm curious.. which strategy do you prefer or thinks ultimately helps me rise up the chain? Hopefully the older, experienced posters here can answer.

Anyway.. I think I answered the question.. I still use the method of not being flashy at all to real life people, especially colleagues so that's why I wouldn't want this thread coming out. I also don't want them knowing I don't work my ass off 50 hours a week. We all know that none of us do, but none of us say it.. ever. Unspoken rule. Hope that makes sense
    Last edited by Hadtodoit; 06-15-2016 at 12:23 AM.

Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kuzon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hadtodoit View Post
    It's just not something I'd want my colleagues seeing. That, and I wouldn't necessarily want them seeing I browse this forum. There's a whole lot of good on this forum, smart people willing to help and debate almost any subject you can think of and it's really educational, but there's also a lot of bad on this forum, like any public forum.

I also would never tell colleagues that I'm doing well. I'd never tell them I bought an expensive car or what I make... it just doesn't seem professional.

Completely off topic.. I've started to debate that. In my past, I always took the "act like a good old boy" approach to business and colleagues, as in not flashy, not too proud, just confident calm and knowledgeable. However lately I'm questioning my strategy of not flashing my success and I'm starting to wonder what's best for me. On one hand.. nobody likes a guy who's flashy. Nobody wants to give a guy a raise who already has nice things. People think you're in it for the money and may not trust your motives. I still believe this and this has been my logic in the past when dealing with colleagues/business partners.

However lately I'm wondering if telling colleagues (in a non bragging way) that I have things and that I make a lot of money actually raises my stock.. if you will. As in.. sure it may come off wrong that I have a nice car, etc... but... on the other hand, it may show that I'm good at what I do, and may reflect an image of power. While it may not initially come off well it may create some level of respect. I've only ever recently had this thought after seeing one guy in my industry do it (it's really rare), he has a bunch of nice cars, high end custom Italian suits.. It's not my type and we all give him **** behind closed doors about it but there's also this vibe that he'd be really expensive to hire, and must produce more than average and gets some level of respect for it. It's different. idk.

I don't know.. just sharing thoughts with you guys, if I can't here anonymously (except for the few of you I know.. and J) where can I. I'm curious.. which strategy do you prefer or thinks ultimately helps me rise up the chain? Hopefully the older, experienced posters here can answer.

Anyway.. I think I answered the question.. I still use the method of not being flashy at all to real life people, especially colleagues so that's why I wouldn't want this thread coming out. I also don't want them knowing I don't work my ass off 50 hours a week. We all know that none of us do, but none of us say it.. ever. Unspoken rule. Hope that makes sense

How on earth would your colleagues find out though?
    to the best!

bench 308
    squat 440
    deadlift 440

Originally Posted by Kuzon View Post
    How on earth would your colleagues find out though?
    My industry is small, it's not impossible. I also have people who know me in real life who know of my account, and the most likely is if they know what I drive and know my industry they connect two and two together.

It's not the end of the world at all and not very likely, I'm just being safe/smart about it. I'll keep it up for a while and see if there are more questions.

BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Hadtodoit View Post
    Wtf, I don't even have Excel. I thought I did.

Does anyone know a way I can get it, free? Or, a freeware software that's really similar and saves in the same formats?
    makes 60k a month

cant buy excel

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1450227773

2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 2port is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ROFL what's the point of this other than to brag?

You don't have some secret formula that will make all of us rich.

Work hard and hope that you get a lucky break. That's it.
    ** Cries like a girl when Negged Crew **

BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BindMlown has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lolz

Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What would be the best state (USA) for this line of work?
    Rustling NPCs' jimmies without even trying crew

"I've watched a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing."

"The Best Revenge is Massive Success"

Not going to be a Darkseeker crew.

RIP Duckenheimer
    RIP SemperFudge

Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mcfreako has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do u wipe front to back or back to front
    Call me Sally

HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HumanAbstract has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I haven't made it yet but I'm well on my way. Not many people would find my job "comfortable" but the pay is damn good and I enjoy it. May run in to problems when I do eventually decide to "settle down" since I'm always out of the country.

Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Crease1234 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Read through the thread; you offered a lot of good advises here, and you seem like a genuinely good person.

I'm a financial advisor that helps specializes in helping young people in your position set up and maintain an investment portfolio. If you are ever interested in exploring options here, shoot me a pm and maybe we can chat.
    My Saltwater Reef Aquarium website: www.Reeftology.com
    My Scotch Blog: http://simplyscotches.blogspot.com/

^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^
    misc zombie survival squad: Bravo squad member.
    Super Dinosaur Crew
    -=[$]MISC. FINANCE CREW[$]=-
    - Misc Bet Crew -

Gamertag: Court3syFIusher